Status: Finished

I Left My Heart With Them

Dr. Kelly

Dr. Kelly was the sweetest doctor out of them all. She did tell me things that not many kids are suppose to hear but I think she thought it was best that I knew. I accepted the fact that I wasn't going to live much longer and I think Dr. Kelly wanted to be there knowing that I would need someone. I never had anyone, which was not a good thing at all. I would read books about kids who had mommies and daddies but I had none, just a doctor who broke all the rules to keep me loved in some kind of way. Dr. Kelly was basically the only one that cared and I wasn't just a doctor experiment to her like I was to the other doctors.
I wanted to say that Dr. Kelly was my mommy but she always told me that she could lose her job if she had a "relationship" with me. But she always would come everyday and give me presents. Books, toys, and just small things that could be easily hidden. But once I turned four, I lost Dr. Kelly. She had died from her cancer that I didn't know she had. I also found out from listening to the other doctors that she did not have any kids. I knew that once I heard that, I had the understanding that I was her daughter. Maybe not for real, but to her I was all she had left and she was all that I had as well.