Winter Holidays

1/1

Adam Lambert, American Idol runner up for season 8, fierce and notoriously gay, was stretched out on his couch, talking to his boyfriend.

“Why can’t we be together now?” his boyfriend asked impatiently.

Adam laughed. “You’re the one on tour.”

You’re the one in America.”

“I’m flying over as soon as your tour ends.”

“If you were already over here, I’d cancel the rest of the tour and we’d be together now.”

“No, I wouldn’t let you do that. Your fans love you and deserve to see you. You were the one who scheduled your tour so close to Christmas.”

“How many more days?”

“Six.”

A heavy sigh. “I guess I can survive.”

“I miss you.”

“Ich verfehle Sie auch. Ich liebe dich.”

“I love you too. Bye.”

“Tschüss.”

Adam hung up and smiled. He was spending Christmas in Germany with his beautiful boyfriend, Bill Kaulitz. Bill was the lead singer of German band Tokio Hotel. They had met at the Grammy’s and had hit it off. Nearly a year later, they were happily dating.

The last day of the Tokio Hotel Tour, Adam packed his bags and headed to the airport. The flight was overnight. Adam arrived in Germany at 7 AM, took a nap to alleviate some jet lag and then went to Bill’s parents’ house, where they would spend Christmas.

When he arrived at the Kaulitz house, Simone opened the door. “Bill just unpacked, he's in the shower now. Welcome," she said with a smile.

Adam kissed her cheek and entered the house. When Simone had first met Adam, she had worried about the age difference between him and her son. She had acted coldly towards him until she saw how much Adam cared about her son and how much her son loved Adam.

“Come, have a coffee in the kitchen. Tomorrow we will bring in the tree and decorate it.”

Adam followed her to the kitchen. He shook Gordon's hand and then accepted the coffee that Simone handed to him.

“Wo sind meine dünnen Jeans?” Bill called from upstairs.

“Why don't you bring the laundry upstairs?" Simone asked, smiling mischievously. Adam blushed and opened his mouth to protest. Before he could, Simone had given him the laundry. “Don't spend too much time up there,” she said with a wink.

Adam carried the basket upstairs. He went down the hall and opened the door to Bill's room quietly. Bill was in a pair of boxer shorts and nothing else. Adam put the basket down and knocked softly on the door.

Bill turned and smiled widely. “Adam!” he said, bouncing over and giving his boyfriend a tight hug. Adam kissed him.

“I think you should put some clothes on,” Adam said, after they let go of each other.

“Why?” Bill teased.

“Because you’re irresistible.”

“I know,” he said, smirking. He pulled a red shirt and a pair of skinny jeans out of the basket and quickly put them on. While Adam was waiting for Bill to finish getting ready, he put the rest of Bill’s clothes away.

When Bill finished, Adam took his boyfriend’s hand and they went downstairs together. Tom had showered and gotten dressed in the time that it had taken Bill to get dressed and put on makeup.

Simone sent them out into the backyard to carry in the Christmas tree. She had this pretty well planned out. She had four guys to carry in the tree, and by the time they were finished, Georg and Gustav had arrived, which meant she could put six people to work decorating the tree.

The tree wasn’t to be decorated until tomorrow, according to German tradition, so Simone had them bake cookies. Of course, as soon as she turned around, Tom left with Georg and Gustav and Gordon disappeared. Adam and Bill, however, had fun baking cookies and eating the dough. They also ended up building a gingerbread house which turned out to be more of a mansion. Adam has a tendency to want to go bigger and better.

The next day, Simone woke them up bright and early with bread, cheese and meat. The guys then set to work decorating the tree. It took them a while to untangle the lights, but once that was finished, they all had a fun time putting ornaments on the tree. They only broke one ornament, which was just an ordinary ornament, nothing too special, and really, it was Tom’s fault.

Finally, Simone brought out the tinsel, which was mainly used by Bill and Adam to decorate each other.

They exchanged gifts that night, which was German tradition. Adam was pleased that Simone liked the earrings he got for her, and loved her gift, a package of her favorite eyeliners.

After exchanging gifts, they brought out the cookies. One batch was deemed uneatable, after they realized that Bill had accidentally put in one tablespoon of vanilla instead of one teaspoon.

Then, Adam and Bill unveiled the gingerbread house. Simone proclaimed it too pretty to eat, but after Tom ripped it apart in his haste to get the front wall, she took a small piece of gingerbread.

They retired in good spirits. Adam stayed for the next few days, and on the 27th, Bill and Adam flew to New York. Adam wanted Bill to get to see the Times Square ball drop in Times Square.

Since they obviously couldn’t go in the crowd for fear of starting a mass riot, Adam rented a hotel room that looked onto Times Square.

They pretty much hung out in the hotel room and went shopping until the New Years Eve. Adam had bought some champagne and pulled chairs over to the window so they could watch the ball drop.

They were talking, up until the final five minutes. When there was thirty seconds left, they started counting down.

“Five! Four! Three! Two! ONE!”

Before Bill could take a sip of his champagne, Adam grabbed his boyfriend’s face and kissed him passionately.

“Wh-what was that for?” Bill said, caught unawares.

Adam shrugged. “There’s this superstition that says if two people kiss as soon as the clock strikes twelve on New Years, they’ll be together for the rest of the year. And besides, I like kissing you.”

Bill smiled. “I love you.”

“I love you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Merry Christmas Logan!