Quiet Boys.

Found.

Seeing Ivan after a week is like seeing green in December.
I always miss him, I don’t think it’s silly at all.
He’s always so shy when he’s coming back to me too, kind of doesn’t know how to say hi. Yes, like he forgot how to say hello. And he has to learn all over again.
“Ready to go?” I asked him, getting a smile out of him.
“Yeah.”
“Sorry, I know you don’t like these get togethers. My friends like you.”
“Not Tyler.”
“Tyler likes to get wasted and ends up sleeping in driveways though. He’s nothing special or new.”
Ivan still looked sad, but didn’t say anything. I wondered if he was a little mad at me.
We drove for a little bit until Allison’s house came into view. I like Allison’s house because it has that home feel. Do you know what I’m talking about?
Everyone waved at us when we walked in, and Ivan continued to look out of place.
I knew he was trying though, I knew he wanted to be liked and feel right here.
But I knew he only felt right when we were alone.
It’s a little frightening, it being like that. But I’m okay with it. It is best when we’re alone. In fact it’s so nice I could cry.
Ivan kept his hand wrapped around mine, so his hand was like a nice warm blanket to my own. I smiled up at him, sticking my tongue out. I would make him feel in place tonight.
“Parker!” I heard Tyler cry out, already in a bit of a drunken slur. I couldn’t help but laugh. Tyler is so flamboyant.
“Hey Tyler,” I replied. “Need any help?”
“Nah, I got it,” he told me, as he continued to fall over onto Allison’s coffee table.
“Why do I bother inviting him?” Allison said, suddenly next to me.
“Well, he is amusing,” I said. Ivan let out a low chuckle. It made me happy.

________

It only took a little while for it to get dark, and we all proceeded to play my favorite game in the whole wide world: Hide and seek in the dark. Outside, with the night sky hovering over.
Ivan wanted to stay with me but I insisted he hide with some of the other boys. He needed to make friends.
I found a nice hiding spot in a bush behind Allison’s deck, and sat down, waiting for the boy who had been dubbed ‘it’ to yell out that he gave up.
I think I may have fallen asleep for just a few moments, long enough to let a drunken boy find my hiding place.
“Parker!” Tyler exclaimed excitedly. I told him to shut the hell up. I didn’t want to be found. “Sorry,” Tyler grumbled into his bottle.
“That stuff reeks,” I said.
“Parker remember the time we kissed?”
I laughed at him. I did remember. We had both been a little drunk, and a little younger, so what did it matter?
“Yeah, guess I do, you stupid drunk,” I replied.
“We should do that again sometime,” he slurred.
“Nope.” I simply replied.
“Please?”
I laughed again.
“You’re being pathetic, now get out of my hiding place. They’re gonna find me!”
“But I love you!” Tyler proclaimed, his long nose getting a bump in the middle, as his eyebrows pulled together and he got a serious, but very silly look on his face.
I laughed so loud that I knew I was about to be found.
“No you don’t. You’re drunk. Get out of my bush!”
The realization of what I had just said rather loudly, made me laugh even more. Get out of my bush! I laughed and laughed.
“Found you,” the boy with freckles said. Ivan was with him, and I waved at him. He gave me a toothy grin, and I admired the gap in the two front ones.
Tyler on the other hand wasn’t amused in his drunken state. He tripped out of the bush and then tried to grab me.
“Tyler, come on. I’ll talk to you when you’re sober if you’re so keen on it,” I said.
“But I love you right now!” Tyler insisted.
And then the strangest thing happened.
Ivan fought back.
And he punched Tyler right in the kisser.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm terribly sorry, but I don't know where this is going. I don't update very much anymore because there is literally no plot. I'm trying to make it work, but I can't see it happening. This story isn't even my normal style. I much rather enjoy writing sad or darker things. My favorite books are all about the living dead and war, I actually hate romance novels, most anyway. So, I can't promise this will ever be finished. I refuse to delete this, because all of you have been so kind, leaving lovely comments and I have nearly one hundred subscribers. I'm so thankful. I just don't know what to do with this story anymore. I will continue to update when I get an idea, but as of right now, I can't promise anything. I'm terribly, horribly sorry.