Quiet Boys.

What?

“I’m sorry, I’m I-I’m so fucking sorry,” Ivan stammered, over and over. I had to suppress the laughter tugging at my lips.
I put my car keys down on the counter.
I stared at his face, the bright, shining eyes and the frustration in his brows. The apologies eating at his mouth, the state of his hands, curled up in each other, pulling and wanting to be forgiven. I did crack a smile, just because he was so tiny and cute.
“It’s okay, I promise. Everything will be perfect.”
“You’re not mad?” Ivan asked me helplessly.
“I can’t stay mad at you. And besides, I was never mad at you.”
“Really, I mean. He’s your friend. I punched your friend.”
“Yep. You did. I’m so proud of you.”
“You are?”
“Well yeah. You fought, it was pretty adorable. Plus, my friend was drunk, and sloppy. And didn’t know when to stop talking. He’s kind of always like that. I like that he tried to punch you back and fell face first into that shrub. I was thoroughly entertained,” I concluded.
“Oh,” Awkward Ivan said, taking a step closer. I took his hand, and pulled him closer.
“What were you expecting?”
“That you wouldn’t talk to me, since I punched him. I don’t like him. I think I might hate him. I can’t help it. He makes me mad all the time.”
“Tyler isn’t so bad, he’s just never sober.”
“I know, but even when he is sober. He’s always touching you.”
“You’ve never known jealousy too much, have you Ivan?” I asked, covering my mouth, then laughing. He laughed too, his eyes lighting up, and that space in his teeth showing black with the grin. Oh my God, I really loved that gap in his teeth.
“I guess not. It’s not funny!” He yelled, but he laughed too.
“It sure is. Boys are so silly.”
I opened up the bottle of wine we had drank the first time, really wishing it was daytime, so we could go climb trees and look at cloud formations again.
I drank straight from the bottle.
“I wish it was raining,” I said.
“Why?” Ivan asked.
“So that we can hold hands, drink expensive wine, and dance in the rain together. Like I said when I first met you.”
“Well, we can at least do the first two,” he said, taking my hand and then drinking from the bottle himself, his eyes on me the whole time.
“You’re getting kinda brave, Ivan. I really like it.” I whispered the last part, my heart hammering like, bump, bump, bump in my chest. He smiled.
“I only get it from you.”
I was thinking that maybe Ivan was feeling really purple, like the day I met him, how I was feeling really purple that day.
I suddenly got this really weird feeling. Like, maybe an epiphany. It was really scary, what was happening to my body and my brain at the same time. I couldn’t stop looking at him. I wanted to cry suddenly, but I didn’t. He just looked really beautiful with his hand around the neck of the wine bottle, in the dim light of my kitchen. Can you say intimidating?
“I love you,” I said.
“Parker, what?”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I thought I really needed to update. Also, starting Tuesday I won't be here for seven weeks. I'm traveling the west coast, so I don't think I'll be on much at all.
So, here it is.