Quiet Boys.

Universe.

We were so drunk.
“I want it to be snowing,” Parker said.
“But it’s like…” I thought, I had to think hard. I counted on my hands up to eight. “It’s August though!” I think I fell.
“I don’t care! That’s not important!”
Parker walked out her front door, and into the darkness. I followed closely behind.
“Ker, wait, Park. Parker!” I couldn’t walk, see straight, or say her name. But I wasn’t afraid.
She plopped down on the grass, then fell back and stared at the night sky.
“Come sit with me.”
I did. It was beautiful. I felt her take my hand. It scared me in my drunken state, but then I realized it was just the love of my life so it was okay. I turned my body so I could touch her. I didn’t know what I was doing, I was just touching her. She smiled.
“I’ll make you the star of my universe.”
It sounded so familiar. Where had I heard that? Maybe a song, maybe a book. I was too disoriented to know.
Something was happening and we were stumbling all around.
We laughed. I wish I could remember.
I don’t think it was anything serious but I think it might have been important, what we were saying and what we were feeling.
I only know I woke up on her floor but she wasn’t there.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M not even sure what happened.
You decide.