Kizuna (Bonds)

Chapter One

Bou's P.O.V

And again I woke up to the screaming sound of my alarm. I yawned and shook the tiredness from my body as I made my efforts to stand. I grabbed the stupid school uniform out of my closet and slipped it on just as my mother called me down. I quickly swung my school bag over my shoulder and jumped on the railing, sliding down the stairs.

"Kazuhiro!" my mother shouted, slapping me in the back of the head with a rolled up paper "What have I told you abou..."
"Don't slide down the railing" I smirked. I've heard this one too many times before. I just never learn.
"Hm" she grunted and handed me my bag of lunch. "Have a good day"

When I arrived at school everything was more than normal. Gossip flowing, plots brewing... I knew it wouldn't be too much longer before Teruki tackled me from behind. I actually braced myself for it this time.
"BOU-KUN!" the familiar voice screamed. I took a breath in and quickly turned myself to catch the nearing sound of shoes against the school floor.
"Ah!" I yelled as I fell back on the floor. I felt like a fool infront of all these girls... "Teru-san!" I laughed and playfully pushed him off me.
"There's a new girl!" Miku yelled from behind.
"Really?" I asked quickly picking myself up.
"Yeah, yeah... she's different" Teruki smirked.
"Hm" I nodded "Where from?"
"Canada"
"Eh?" Teruki laughed
I chuckled to myself as the bell rang loud for homeroom.

Miku, Teruki, Kanon and myself pushed our way through the crowed to steal our usual seats in the far back.
"There" Miku pointed to the back of a head.
"Hm?" I asked, squinting my eyes to get a better look. Her hair was blonde... that was unusual. "Blonde hair?"
"Yeah, blonde. She's new. Canadian." Miku chuckled
"I wonder what she's like" I asked outloud. The guys stopped laughing and shot me serious looks.
"Go talk to her then" Kanon smirked, giving my shoulder a tiny shove.
"No! Not now... It's homeroom" I snapped as the chatter around us started to die.
"Bou-kun has a crush on the back of Canadian Girls head!" Teruki shouted. Everyone, but her head, turned towards me. I felt my face fill with embarassment.
"Enough, enough!" the teacher clapped his hands together. "Picking on Kazuhiro will end now."
"Ah" Teruki waved his comment off.
"We do have a new student. She is known as Keiko. Please take care of her, she does not speak our language well" he smiled faintly as whispers scurried into the ears of students.
Out of everyone in this school I could only imagine the rumors and lies that are going to spread about her. And the sad part is she won't understand what's being said, or know why students are laughing at her... Here I go again, starting to feel bad for a person who will probably decline my friendship. I'd just have to wait and see I guess...

Keiko's P.O.V

I wish I could understand half of what everyone was saying. I could catch bits and pieces, but the rest was just a blurr to my ears. Right now I was really cursing my mother for making me live in Canada.
See, what everyone didn't know is that I'm half japanese. To sum this journey up, my mother was here on a business trip, met my dad, one night thing... blah, blah. After 16 years dad won full custody. I moved. The end. I'm just very thankful my dad speaks English just as well as Japanese. It makes teaching so much easier.
My dad is a pretty chill guy. Single, average height of a woman in Canada, and the owner of a popular candy/arcade where all the kids want to be. He gives me freedom, and not to mention all the space I need.
Chairs squeaking across the floor snapped me back into this life. I noticed everyone around me packing their things and leaving. I had nothing to pack, so I got up and left to venture around myself.

Japanese schools were way different than ones in Canada. There was a beautiful spot on the roof to go sit and gaze out into the town. When I reached the top of the building it was just me, myself and I. I sat my books next to me on the bench and set my gaze at the beautiful town. I wonderd if I'd make anyfriends, or if I'd just be the laughing stock of Japan.
"Teru-san!" a voice shouted just as the doors open. A group of four came through laughing and pushing each other. I rememberd them... they were the different ones in my class.
"Ah, Bou-kun..." one of them nodded my way with a disaprooved look. I swallowed and turned away shyly. I heard them muttering in Japanese, then a door slam behind me.
"Um..." a voice mumbled behind me. I jumped, and turned around to face the shortest one out of the group. His hair was short and brown with a few copper-like streaks. I smiled for the first time today. "I-- Saito Kazuhiro" he bowed "Bou for name"
"Bou" I repeated
"Hai" he nodded once, then in the blink of an eye vanished.
"O--kay" I mumbled. Was this some idea of a joke?
"Keiko!" a different voice called from behind. I didn't bother turning around this time. "Why aren't you down making friends?"
"What's it to you?" I snapped, swinging my bag over my shoulder and exiting the roof top. I've had enough of Japan today.
"Don't be like that" my homeroom teacher ran after me. Great, causing me attention I didn't need.
"Ugh. Go away!" I shouted in Japanese so everyone could understand. I started running, and accidentally ran into Bou. I glared at him and kept running. It always happened in the end that I just didn't give a fuck what people thought about me.

"Keiko, what are you doing home?" my father asked.
"I'm a joke, dad!" I yelled, running up the stairs.
"Keiko... don't say such lies" he shook his head in my doorway. "This is your first day, you haven't even tried"
"Mm" I grumbled. He was right, I did give up too easy. "I'll try harder tomorrow. I promise"
"That's what I like to hear" he smiled and pulled me into a warm fatherly hug.
"Thanks, dad" I sighed, hugging him tighter.

Bou's P.O.V

"Ouch Bou-kun... I don't think she likes you" Teruki patted my shoulder.
"What did you say?" Kanon asked
"Not much. I was scared so I ran" I admitted shyly. Even I knew that was a stupid mistake.
"Ah, you fool!" Miku slapped my arm. "She thinks you're joking"
"And how is it you suddenly know everything about the ladies, Miku-san?" Teurki joked.
"And how is it you know nothing, Teru-san?" Miku smirked, folding his arms across his chest.
"Ah... emm... Try harder Bou, you'll get her" he smiled and ruffled my hair.
"Thanks" I smiled politely. I was hoping they were right for once. "It sucks she left because of me"
"There's always tomorrow" Kanon smiled as the bell rang for class.

"Ah, the arcade" Kanon sighed, fixing his eyes on the D.D.R machine.
"A kids dream land!" Miku smiled, waving his hands across Kanon's face.
"Hush. You like it here, too" he laughed and playfully pushed Miku.
"Hey, guys, you know the rules" Touya said from beside us.
"Touya!" Miku exclaimed, pulling him into a hug. "How are you?"
"I'm alright" he smiled and walked near the door to his house. "Wait here. I want you to meet someone"
"Huh? Meet someone?" Teruki asked outloud.
"Yeah. You know, that thing you do to make friends" Miku chuckled and leaned against the counter.
"Hush, you!" Teruki slapped his arm.
"Okay," Touya said as he appeared in the doorway. "She's new. Meet my daughter, Keiko"
My heart started to pound in my chest and I could feel the guys staring at me just as bad as she was. I gulped and shyly tried to take a step back, but Teruki pushed me forward. She looked very disapointed to see me. I didn't want to see disapointment on her face, it was much too beautiful. Miku pushed past me and bowed to her.
"Miku" he said, then pointed to the others. "Kanon, Teruki and Bou"
"Hm" she grunted, looking away from me.
"I didn't know you had a child, Touya-san" Kanon said
"Ah, yes. It's a long story but I love her dearly." he smiled and put his arm around her. "Show her around, take care of her. I trust you kids... But if you hurt her" he shot a stern look at all of us, though I felt it mostly directed at me for my rude behaviour earlier.
"Never" Miku smiled politely then looked at me. "You know, Touya, Kanon, Teruki and I have to go work on a project..."
"We do?" Teruki whisperd.
"Idiot" Miku growled under his breath. "We'll be back later, Bou-san. Take care" he nudged me then walked off.
"Ah... I have to tend to stuff..." Touya said. Even he got the hint. How embarassing . It was just her and I, and I had no idea how to speak english. I looked at her, then at the ground and sighed. I couldn't run this time.
"Walk?" she asked in japanese, pointing towards the door. I nodded slightly and made sure I held the door open for her. I knew this friendship was going to be difficult, but atleast she gave me a second chance.

We walked to the park and sat on the swings. There wasn't much conversation, but enough to learn small things of each other.
"Sorry" I said in english. I was really kicking myself in the back for not taking the english classes. She looked at me funny, wanting me to continue. "Uh..." I bit my lip, searching for the right words. "R--run?"
"Ooh" she nodded and gave me a small smile. "No worries". I gave her a look of confusion. "Ah... It's OK" she managed in japanese. I smiled and nodded, kicking the sand from underneath my feet.
"Friend?" I asked, looking over at her pale face.
"Hai" she nodded. "Thank you".
"Huh?"
"For -- wanting -- to be my friend" she slowly said in japanese.
"Ah" I chuckled "T--thank you for second chance?" I wasn't sure if I said that right, but it appeard she understood.
"We need my dad to translate" she giggled.
"Hai" I agreed. "Good on your own to"
"Thank you, Bou-kun. You too" she leaned over and ruffled my hair. I wasn't going to share this, but I loved the way she said my name. "So, you-- ah--" she paused and scratched her head. "... Different!"
I tilted my head and chuckled at her. "Huh?" Her face quickly filled with embarassment.
"Em... Different. You. Friends. Everyone else?" she bit her lip, hoping I'd understand. I think I did
"Ah. Different--from--- them?" I said slowly. I seen her face brighten, and a smile grow.
"Hai, hai, hai!" she clapped. "Why different?"
I paused for a minuet. I had to process the translation from Japanese to english. "We like to... ah... different. Inspiration. People look. Rebelling"
"Wicked! Me too!" she blurted in English. I surprisingly understood. "So, I don't have to wear the uniform?" she asked in Japanese.
"Makes no difference" I responded in my language with a smirk. I only hoped Touya wouldn't kill me for turning his daughter rebellious against school rules. "You want to go out and get some sushi? I'll buy" I smiled, standing up and extending my arm towards her.
"I'd love to!" she replied, linking arms with me.

Keiko's POV

"Thank you, Bou. I had a good time tonight" I smiled.
"Me too" he nodded shyly, looking down at the step. "See you tomorrow, Keiko."
"Bye, Bou" I giggled and pulled him into a friendly hug.

"Did you kiss him?" Dad joked as I walked inside.
"Well, it's supposed to be the other way around and no, Dad! We're just friends"
"... Good" he cleared his throught. "It's going to stay that way. Um, Keiko, come sit with me in the kitchen... we have stuff to discuss". I looked at dad. He seemed serious. Nervousness grew in my body at each step into the kitchen. He sighed lightly as I sat down without a word. "Keiko, please tell me... were you hurt in Canada?"
I bit my lip and held the tears. It was so painful for me to think about, emotionally and physically. I'm a difficult kid with lots to think about. I usually drowned my feelings with alcohol, but that was out of my reach now. I had to deal with the fact that my mother set me up to be raped. I jumped up from the chair and clung to my dad, tears spilled down my face. "I love you, dad" I muffled in japanese.
"Keiko" he whispered, holding me closer. "I'm going to protect you. I promise. You're my little girl, always."
"Thank you, dad" I sniffled and pulled away. "I need sleep... I'll see you in the morning"
And that's when I ran upstairs. With a shut of my door and a click of the lock I began to forget my pain...
♠ ♠ ♠
Incase you didn't note: Bou isn't stupid, nor Keiko! They're struggling with the language. :P