Status: Complete, check out the sequel:)

In Fear of Life

Chapter Eighteen.

Matt.

I reach over and kiss Adam on the lips. He leans in and deepens it, sensing my sadness."It's okay. Pick me up at 3?" I nod, savoring his taste. "I'll be waiting."

Adam has to go back to school. I'm freshly out of senior year, so I don't have to. It makes me sad, though. Seven whole hours a day without him? At least we live together, therefore more time together.

I watch him walk towards to school, or more honestly, I watch his ass. He turns suddenly and sticks his tongue out. "Get a good eyeful, you pervert!" I laugh and pull away.

My cuts are almost completely healed. Although now Adam freaks out every time someone talks to me, because they still haven't found who did this to me. I still have nightmares about it. 'Looks like you found what you've been looking for'..It scares me, I have to admit. But I pretend it's nothing because I know how much it terrifies Adam.

I pull into the driveway-Oh I should tell you all now, Adam bought a car. It's a sucky Honda, but it's still awesome!-and find someone sitting on the front step.

My heart skips a beat and I pull out my phone, ready to dial the police. Yes, I am that paranoid, I mean, if something happens to me, where will Adam go??

I step out of the car and the guy stands up. My first thought is, 'He's not bad looking.' Hey, don't look at me that way, I still have eyes, don't I? Anyways, he gets up and takes a few steps towards me. He looks familiar, actually. "Matthew? Wee Matthew? Is that really you?" He says with a strange Irish accent.

I nod. "Who the hell are you, and how do you know who I am?" I didn't mean to sound scary, but it's a must.

He flinches. "Ya don't even remember your own brother, now do ya?" I gasp. Br..brother?

"Aye, after mum shipped me off I made sort of a life there on my own. Can we talk inside, do ya think?" I nod and walk up the steps and unlock the door. I sit down on the couch and he sits on a chair.

"So..Jakob. Why..why now? Why did you come back now?"

He sighs and leans back. "Well, I never really got a chance here, now did I? After Mum slept with my da, and I was born, tis a shame for her husband. Your father."

I shake my head. "So mom just sent you to Ireland as a baby? Tell me everything." He frowns slightly and tells me.

"Ma real father was a drunken bastard, ya see. Your father didn't want anyone to find out about me. I'm surprised ya even know ma name. Doesn't matter, don't worry bout it none." He shakes his head.

"They gave me up for adoption, and sent me far where they figured mum would never get a yearning to know her son. A nice family adopted me, and I grew up there, as happy as can be. But ya see, living on my own didn't shake up too well, now did it? I developed a drug addiction, and it almost killed me, it did. Finally I was sent to rehab and I'm clean. Been clean for a year now."

"But I had an itch. An itch for something I didn't understand. So I came to America, my birth home. Although, really, it doesn't feel like it. I've been in Limerick, Ireland since I was a wee lad, I was. I searched mum down and she told me about ya. Living here with ya boyfriend. She cried her eyes out, she did, and I must admit, I may have shed a tear or two. But 'er husband wanted nothing to do with me, so off I went, in search for more family. Which lead me here, eh?"

"And look what you've turned out to be. A fine man, eh? And you've found someone to love, s'pose I should be happy for ye. Where's he, anyways?" I'm still trying to take this all in.

"He's, ah..in school."

He's eyes widen. "So you're into that child molestation, now, eh?" I shake my head.

"Oh shit, no. He's a senior, turning 18 this month. I'm only 19. Uh, how old are you, J-Jakob?"

"I'm 24 myself. Yep. At least your not some homophobe, that's for sure. I find that America's not very tolerant, is it, now? I'm bi sexual myself, see. Makes me proud that at least one member of my family isn't completely stuck up his arse." He laughs. "Oh, and you can call me Jake, if it's not too much to ask."

I nod, still trying to think of something to say. "Where are you staying?"

"Ah, I've been staying at a motel for a week now. It's pretty nice, as far as motels go. I've got a bit of money stashed, and I'm applying for jobs like a maniac, I am." He says proudly. I want to talk to Adam. See if maybe Jake can stay here. I'll talk to him later.

"So, tell me about yourself. I heard from mum that you had some sort of accident, now? Tell me." He asks about that night at the graveyard.

"Well..I mean, that was the night I got together with Adam, my boyfriend. And something happened, and anyways, I was in a cemetery. I was attacked by some guy who carved me up like a pumpkin. It..well, I was told I almost didn't make it. They still haven't found him."

I don't know why but I'm shaking. "I'm scared, honestly." I felt like I could really tell him, not like Adam, who I feel like I have to protect. Not that it makes anything different, I just love him, and want to make sure he's safe.

"Aye, with good reason. It'll be alright, Matthew. Just remember to keep the doors locked and bring a weapon and phone with you if your out alone." I nod, I've been told this before.

"Are you hungry?" I ask him.

"I could go for something, myself." I laugh and remember I can't cook.

"Do you want to go somewhere, I cannot cook worth shit. I'll pay." He smiles and we get in my car and take off. I decide to go to Cyndi's Diner, where Hannah worked and Gus would probably we if she's there today. Then I remember that they both have school. Damn.

"What's wrong?" Jake asks me.

"Oh..nothing. I just remembered that some friends of mine won't be around today." He nods like he understands.

After eating, I look at my phone. It's 1:30, I might as well be early. "I've gotta pick up Adam, wanna come?" I ask Jake.

"Sure, why not. I wanna meet this lad of yours." I blush and he laughs. I wonder if I can trust him yet. His story makes sense, but there's still a feeling of being a complete stranger. Somehow, though, I know that it'll be alright.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe, don't ask. Remember, I'm not really proud of this story.. -.-"