Status: Complete, check out the sequel:)

In Fear of Life

Chapter Nineteen.

Adam

Matt reaches over and kisses me. It can feel the emotion in the kiss, and I deepen it. Then I open the door and get out. "It's okay. Pick me up at 3?" He nod, licking his lips. "I'll be waiting."

Walking away, I can feel his eyes on my ass. I turn around and stick out my tongue. "Get a good eyeful, you pervert!" He laughs and pulls out of the parking lot. I scout the area for Gus or Hannah. Hmmm, where could they-WHAM.

On top of injury, they add the loudest squeal I have ever heard. I swear, those two are insane. Ever since they started dated, it's like having twins. Really, really loud and high pitched hyper twins. Who love to make out. EWWIE.

Hannah grabs one arm and Gus grabs the other. "To first hour, we gooo! Gotta get our schedules!" Hell, even I'm not this excited for school, and I do kinda miss it.

At first period, there are double tables and I push my chair up to their desk. The teacher walks in and shouts, "Everyone, in their ASSIGNED SEATS." I groan with the rest of the class and notice the sticky notes on each desk.

I look around and find my name on one next to the name 'Raven'. Hmm, sounds like a goth kid. Great. Not that they are bad or anything, it's just that they aren't very nice, in my experience.

The bell rings and the teacher introduces herself. "I am Mrs. Von Arb. You will listen and obey!" She commands, like a freaking nazi, seriously.

She passes out the schedules and I notice that since the kid is still not here, she laid his on the desk. I peek over and notice we both have not only this class together but gym and math. Huh. It would be interesting to see a goth kid exercise.

Von Arb starts talking about her teaching experience, like we all care, and I zone out. Until, that is, the door slams. I look up to see a kid with short choppy, black bangs with yellow steaks standing in the front of the room.

The teacher stares him down. "Find your seat. We have assigned seating in this class, and I will not tolerate late students, but because you are new, I suppose this one time, I can let you off with a warning. But beware, I will punish you severely for disobedience."

He smirks and walks over to the only empty desk, Raven's. I guess this is him. Hmm, not a goth kid after all. More of an emo kid. Or scene?

He's wearing bright yellow skinny jeans with red laced vans, and a BMTH tshirt. He sits down next to me and looks at his schedule. I decide to introduce myself. I whisper "hi, I'm Adam.."

He looks at me, then sets his head down on the desk. "I'm Rayy. With two Y's, just so ya know." The teacher glares daggers at his 'not so quiet' whispering.

The rest of class in uneventful. After a couple of periods, I'm at my locker, when someone comes up behind me. "Hey fairy. Time for some fun, eh?" I turn to see Danny. I push him out of my way, saying nothing, even though there's a million things I want to scream in his face.

He grabs my arm. "Where do you think you're going? We just want to talk." I notice three other guys around him with smirks on their faces. I shrug off his hand and try to walk away when he rams me up against the lockers. I try to throw a fist his way when he grabs my throat, and I make a gagging sound. "S-Stop.." I whimper, hating myself.

Suddenly he lets go and sweet, sweet air rushes into my lungs. I collapse on the floor, massaging my throat. I look up and see Rayy, advancing on Danny. "Stay away from him. You have no idea what you're getting into." Danny laughs at this and tries to rush him. Rayy simply swerves and punches him in the mouth.

Blood spurts and Danny runs off with his friends, saying something like, "You're gonna fucking regret this!" With a mouthful of blood.

Rayy walks over and helps me up. "You okay?" He asks. "Y-Yeah. Thanks. I..he's never attacked me before. Fucking prick." I tell him. The bell rings and I realize we're both late for math. We rush towards the math wing of the school and have to knock on the locked door. I smile sheepishly when the teacher wags his finger at us.

"I'm going to start you off with a basic test, to test your knowledge." He says. I grin, this is awesome. I love math. After a few minutes of looking at the paper, though, I realize that I can't concentrate on it. The numbers won't stick in my head, making the equations harder than they should be.

After class, I tell Rayy this. He looks at me and grabs my wrist. "I have to ask you something." We go outside, by the track. He looks at me, dead serious. "Do you want to concentrate really well? I have these pills, see..my, uh..mom gave them to me for ADHD but they don't work for me, because I don't have that. But they are supposed to work for people like you. Here, try one. Or two."

He pulls out two small white round pills and shoves them into my hand. I stare at him. "Are you sure? Won't your mom be mad at you?" I ask him. "After all, medicine is expensive."

He grins and says, "Don't worry about, first one's are always free." And winks at me. I'm confused, wait, what?

"Come on, I have to get to gym." I nod, "I have gym, too." He looks at my still clenched hand. "Just go swallow those and tell me how you feel tomorrow, okay?" I nod, thinking, what can be the worst thing, I get a little queasy?

Oh, how wrong I was.

[After School]

I head outside and see Matt and another guy on the hood of the car, waiting for me. This makes me nervous. How can he trust people so easy after what happened? It really all just freaks me out.

"Uhm, hi. Who's this, Mattie?" I ask, nervously. Matt steps out and kisses me out of nowhere, like, total, swoon worthy kiss. *sigh* "Hunny, this is my brother. Well, half brother. Jake. He's here from Ireland, visiting." I twitch for some reason, after those pills, I feel very hyper active on the inside, yet my brain is calm.

"Aye, Matthew's told me all about ya." I almost laugh at his heavy accent. It's pretty like a music box.

"Hi..Yeah..Can I talk to you alone, Matt?" He nods and we walks a few yards away. "Are you so sure this is even your brother? He could be anyone!" He shakes his head.

"It's him, I know. And I wanna ask you something. He's got like, no where to go, and he didn't ask or anything, would you feel alright if he stayed with us?" He asks, his eyes pleading with me. "I wanna get to know my only family who I've got left, please?"

I sigh. "Of course. It's not even my house, and I love you. Plus, there's nothing wrong with the guy that I can see." Matt squeals and kisses me, enveloping me in his love.

Hand in hand, we walk over to his brother, who looks nervous. Suddenly, I feel really happy, but I don't know why. Like crazy happy. And confident?

I reach over and grab Jake in a hug, who looks surprised. "Doyouwannastaywithus?" I ask in one breathe. He looks at us with his jaw dropped.

"Are you serious?" We nod.

"S-Sure, thanks mates." He grins and hugs me back, then hugs Matt.

A group of jocks pass by, included in them Danny.

"Fucking fags." He says loudly. Matt gets mad and turns to face them, but I do something unexpected.

I run up to Danny and punch him in the face, then knee him where it hurts like hell!

"Fu-Fuck!" He looks at me as he crumples to the ground. Matt stares at me in shock.

"come on, we should go." I smile as he pulls my hand and gets me in the car.

The rest of the day is a blur, but Jake moves in and I'm just really happy for the rest of the day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm, haven't updated in awhile.

Tell me what you think.