Status: Complete, check out the sequel:)

In Fear of Life

Chapter Two.

After my nightmare and recalling the past, I couldn't fall back to sleep, so I just said to hell with it and got up. Starting a pot of coffee, I clicked the button on the phone for missed calls. Beeeeep. "Hi, this is Susan from Telemarketers, USA. I'm sure you're interested in timeshares and S&M toys-"BEEPP. Yeah, that was creepy. Next.

"Hi, this is professor Daniels. If you could call me at the most convenient time for you, I would appreciate it. My number is ----, thank you, goodbye."BEEPP. Huh. I picked up the phone and cradled it in my neck as I peeled a banana. Click. "Hello?" I heard a scruffy voice ask. "Hi, Mr. Daniels? This is Matt Wilkens. You called?"

"Yes, yes, thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I was wondering if I could meet you today for lunch, I have some very interesting news for you." I frowned as I took another chunk out of my banana. "Yeah, okay. Noon sound good? Okay, thank you."

As I jumped in the shower, I wondered once again where I am I going with this whole photography thing. Sighing, I dry myself off and drink my coffee.

Getting dressed, I picked out blue denim skinny jeans, an Avenged Sevenfold t shirt, and my slip-on vans. Putting on eyeliner, I thought to myself, hey, just because life sucks doesn't mean I don't get to look awesome.

Grabbing my duffel, I locked up before I left. When I got to the small cafe, I realized it was still 11:30, so I sat down at a booth and ordered. About 15 minutes later, Mr. Daniels walked in and took his seat.

"I thought I was going to be early, how long have you been waiting?" Mr. Daniels had a tired look under his eyes, but he was just old in my mind. Really, he wasn't even that old. Probably around 50 or so.

I handed him a menu. "Not long at all. What is it you want to talk about?" My food arrived and I picked at it, waiting for him to talk. With a big smile on his face, he said, "Now, now, just wait. I want to get my food, too." Obviously it wasn't bad news, so I let out a breathe I hadn't realized I'd been holding. After lunch, he leaned back against his chair.

"Okay. I suppose I can break the news now." I lean forward and wait.

"Yes? What is it?"

"Well, if you're up for it. Remember that man who sat in on the class? Mr. Johnson? Well, he was looking for someone new to photograph his family. They're millionaires, and he doesn't like the paparazzi to take pictures, so he hires photographers." He pauses to take a sip of his coffee.

"Then he sells them to the press. He saw talent in you, Matthew. He wants you to set up a time for a photo shoot sometimes this week, and he'll pay you very well." Throughout his speech, Matt stared at him dumbstruck.

"Why..why would he hire me? Why not a professional?" Matt asked suspiciously. Mr. Daniels smiled. "Can't trust em. And besides, you the only thing standing between you and being a professional is a degree, but you still have the talent. Why don't I set up a time for tomorrow, if you're up for it?"

I shook my head, then slowly nodded my head. "Okay, yeah. Tomorrow. Uh.." He flipped open his phone and dialed someone's number. A few moments later he spoke, "Yes, Mr. Johnson? Mhmm, yes. Mr. Wilkens would love to. What time would you want him over? Okay. Okay. Mhmm. Good. Okay, then."

After he hung up, he laid down a 20 on the table and stood up. Grabbing my bag, I stood, too. We walked out of the shop, and he unlocked his car. "You'll be meeting him at his home tomorrow at 1o'clock. Here's his address." Mr. Daniels handed me a business card with their address written on the back. "You can do this, Matthew." He winked before he drove away.

As I made my way back to my apartment, I was lost in thought. I mean, I have a job set up that's a once in a lifetime opportunity. This is amazing. Ryan would be so prou- I let out a sigh. Hopefully he doesn't think I'm forgetting about him. He's the person who inspired me to pursue this in the first place, and I wouldn't have this chance if it weren't for him.

OOMPH. I tumbled back after running into someone. The kid looked to be only a few years younger than me, but he had tears in his eyes. "Wha- Oh. Are you okay?" I hated to admit it, but he was beautiful. He looked up at me, his black choppy hair in his eyes.

A moment later, he sagged and almost falls if I hadn't caught him against my chest. He was unconscious. What do I do? He looked so helpless.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I didn't do a thorough check of grammar and such because I can't stay on very long. Tell me about anything I should or shouldn't do. Love you guys (: