Status: Complete, check out the sequel:)

In Fear of Life

Chapter Twentynine.

Adam

I look at Hannah. "I think it's best if you go back to school and just try to get your mom to calm down. So you have no idea why she freaked out like that?" I asked.

She bites her lips and looks down. "Well..she's always been like that. But not really this bad. I think it's because of my brother." She trails off.

I look at her, confused. "Wait, what brother?"

She shakes her head. "I'm not supposed to tell anyone.."

I stand up and hold her. "It's okay."

She shakes her head again. "No, I'll tell you. He ran away from home a couple of months ago. My mom hated him because he's gay..and he was very..different. Violent. I don't know..he just wasn't who he used to be. Well, before he ran away, it was his 20th birthday, and mom kicked him out for the night because he brought home his boyfriend..He never came back."

I look at her, shocked. "Wow..that's a lot for someone to go through. Why would she do that to her own son?"

Hannah shakes her head and cries some more. "And now she's taking this out on me..I miss him so much. I remember when he confided he liked someone other than his boyfriend..it seemed kind of creepy, though. He..was obsessive, but his boyfriend had no clue."

Hannah starts to ramble on about her brother, talking about times they had together. I kind of drifted off in my mind until I heard it. "..But Logan didn't care, he fed the kitten, and mom got mad, and-" I stop her.

"Hannah. Wait. Listen. Do..what does..Logan look like? Does he have dark brown hair..dark eyes?" I ask, a little scared.

She nods, and her eyes go wide. "But you don't think...Adam, that can be anyone! Anyone!"

I shake my head. "I'm sorry, Hannah, you're right." I'm being stupid. This guy looked older than 20 anyways..well, maybe a little, but still.

We all sit down on the couch and Matt puts in the move Click. It was pretty funny, but I started bawling my eyes out when he almost died. I would have hid my face in Matt's chest, but he left the room to call Jake. When the movie ends and he still isn't back, I let Rayy and Hannah talk and go find him.

I find him in the bedroom, sitting down. I sit down next to him, rubbing his arm. "Any news?" He shakes his head. "Well..you guys can go find him, you know." He shakes his head, again.

"I can't leave you. It scares me. Do you really think that..that Hannah's brother could be the guy? I mean..I'd feel really bad."

I take his hand and lean forward. "I'm sure everything will work itself out. In the meantime.." I lean in further and our lips meet.

His hands go in my hair and we're breathing heavy as our toungues intertwine. Matt's hand drifts under my shirt and I intake a breath of air as his cold skin touches my warm abdomen. I push him onto the bed more, and our legs intangle. My shirt is being lifted and so is his. Cold chests touching, skin on skin. I love this feeling.

I look into Matt's eyes and see pure lust. His toungue licks my lips and I moan and he sucks on my sweet spot, trailing kisses around my jawline.

I unzip his jeans and reach inside, only to stop at a loud cough. Matt and I look up, our faces burning as Rayy and Hannah stand there. Damnit, they have to ruin everything.

Hannah speaks up first. "We have to talk. Rayy and I have been talking..and I think you're right, Adam. Because I remembered who Logan was obsessed over."

Matt and I stand up and exchange shirts. I look at Hannah. "Who?"

She gulps. "You."

Matt looks at me, protective and worried. "What? But this guy has to be like, at least five years older?"

Hannah shakes her head. "Adam is well..about 18. My brother is 20. Two years..he just seems older, I guess."

I look down, and wonder why I do this to people. I'm hurting everyone I love because some guy is obsessed with me? Matt grabs me in his arms. "It's okay..I love you. I won't let him hurt you. I promise." I close my eyes, but can't relax. I need to get out of here. He's after me, not them. Maybe if I can find him before he gets them, I can beat him at his own game.

I can't let Matt or anyone know this, so I just nod. "Okay, so you guys go check on Jake. I'll wait here."

But Matt still looks worried. "I can't leave you. Wait..how about we all go together?"

I don't think so. "No, because if Logan doesn't know that I'm good friends with him, he will if I go see him."

Hannah steps up. "How about this? Matt, you and Rayy go to check on him, and I'll stay with Adam. Just go check on him and we'll be here, waiting."

Matt still looks like he might freak out, so I step up and kiss his pale lips. "Just go, you silly goose."

He nods and leaves the room, not saying anything. I'm scared that something will happen and we won't get to see each other again, so I rush up behind in near the door and tackle him. He looks surprised, but happy.

We lock lips and there's this desperate need in the way we're kissing each other. We cling onto each other, and finally we have to let go. I watch as Rayy and Matt get into the car and pull out. Matt stops for a second and looks at me through the falling snow before they pull away.

A tear slides out of my eyes before I can stop it. Hannah looks at me. "Come on, lock the door, and let's go chill in Matt's room." So we do. And talk for about 30 minutes, me checking the time, waiting for them to return. I hear a thump at the door and we creep towards it, scared.

"Oi, let me in!" I let out a sigh of relief as I recognize Jake's voice. Opening the door, Jake stands there and steps inside. I start to close the door but a foot stops it. I look up to see a face that I hoped to never see again.

"Aren't you going to let me in, Adam?" Says Logan. I shiver and try to slam the door again, and he screaches when I slam his foot.

I yell, "RUN!" And we're out through the house. The first place we reach is the bathroom, and we slam and lock ourselves in. I hear nothing from the outside.

Jake leans in. "He..he must have followed me. Lisbeth and Roarke are fine..we talked. Where's..oh, bloody hell! MATT!?" He starts to unlock the door, but I stop him.

"They left to find you. They're in the car, so I hope they're..safe.." I let out a choked sob and lean down. Suddenly a loud knock on the door startles us and I let out a scream. Backing away from the door, I remember that I left my cell phone in Matt's room.

I whisper now to Jake. "If I can get to Matt's room, I can call 911. Think about it," I say as he protests. "If he won't kill anyone, it's me. I'm the only person he's gotten ahold of that he didn't kill, and he loved me. I can do it." I strain and hear the front door slam, then pans being thrown in the kitchen.

"It sounds like he's pissed. Come on, just lock the door after I go. I'll be okay, I promise." I smirk. "Of course, if I die, tell Matt it was your idea."

Jake chuckles, and grabs me in a hug. "Hurry it up, then. Lock yourself in the room, don't come back here. It's just down the hall, now hurry." He stands and quietly unlocks the door before peering out. "Nothing". He mouths.

I slip out and don't bother to look back to see if they locked it. I reach Matt's room and I'm eerily aware of the silence. Locking myself in, I find my cell phone under a blanket. I dial 911 first. "911, What's your emergency."

I whisper. "There's a killer in my house, there are two other people here he's trying to kill. His name is Logan..We're trapped. Please.." The woman asks my location and tells me help is on the way. I hit off before she can keep talking and dial Mattie<3

"Adam! I can't find Jake! Lisbeth said he left, that's they're f-"

I stop him. "Matt, please listen."

He hears the urgency in my voice. "He's there, isn't he?"

"Yes. Somewhere in the house. Jake is here. Him and Hannah are in the bathroom. I'm in the bedroom. Door's are locked. Don't come. Police are on the way."

Matt sobs. "I don't care! I'm coming!"

I refuse. "No. don't come, Mattie, I don't want you to get h-" The phone slips out of my hands as the door clicks open.

"Adam, why must you hide from me?" I gasp as he holds up a paper clip. "I can pick locks, you know." I hadn't thought of that. I back up and pick the phone back up.

"Matt..I love you."

I hear him gasp. "ADAM, NO! RUN ADAM!" I close the phone and step back again. Reaching for the lava lamp, Logan notices and pounces. He knocks me to the floor and pins me with his knees and hands.

He looks at me for a minute and I spit out, "Aren't you going to kill me?"

He adopts a sad look. "Adam, I would never want to kill you..Unless, that is, I have to." He smiles and leans forward, touching his lips to mine. A shiver of disgust ripples through me and I shove at him, but he's too strong. I hear sirens. Logan looks up and a look of fury passes his face.

"Why, Adam! You just had to ruin it! You never let me have any fun! Just like that night, I thought we would be together, but you had to ruin it! Now you've got my sister involved in this, and I just..I just don't know what to do.." He starts to cry, and I stare, shocked. Maybe this would all blow over. Then he looks back into my eyes, his are pitch black.

"That's why I had to go after Gus, you know. I followed him, but he never noticed. We're all intertwined as some point, aren't we? It's god, you know. he has a plan for all of us. And you just don't..FOLLOW THE PLANS." He bellows in my face. "We were meant to be together. You'll see. This is the end."

He pulls a knife from nowhere, and I see it reflect the partial light. This can't be how I die..Flashes of Matt pass by my eyes, of us kissing, of us sharing a popsicle, of me crying, of his face when he saved me, over and over...I had to save myself this time.

Letting out a roar which surprised Logan, I push him off of me and run towards the door. He grabs at my coat but I'm off, towards the front door. It's wide open and I use that to my advantage. Running out, however, I slip on the snow and fall face first. I hear the sirens getting closer.

I feel him throw himself upon me and pull the knife up. "This is what you are looking for. He has a plan for all of us, and I found it. Don't you see, Adam?" He lets out a laugh that sounds maniacal. Scared, I try to roll over, but he brings the knife down and slices me shoulder.

Crying out in pain, I try to avoid the slashes as he goes crazy with the blade. He rips the shirt off my chest and traces an 'L' on it. "Oh, Adam..My sweet, sweet Adam. I had to kill more than once for you, don't you see? It will end with us. It will." He thrusts the knife down and just as it's about to stab my chest, Jake throws himself at Logan.

I roll over and grasp at my shoulder. Blood is seeping out. Logan throws Jake and he hits the side of the house, knocking him unconcience. A car pulls up and Matt jumps out, Rayy behind him. Logan grabs me by the arm and I cry out in pain. I almost black out when his fingers dig into the wound.

The police are right behind Matt and drawing their guns. "Release the boy!" Logan looks around at all the men in uniforms and smiles.

"This is the plan." He turns towards me and jabs the knife into my side. I cry out and stagger forward as he lets me go.

He pulls the knife out and lifts up again as the police fire. Logan jerks as the bullets hit him. I hear someone screaming.

Hands grab me and I look at Matt, crying. I hold him, too and cry with him. When the police pull me towards the paramedics, I notice that I'm not just covered in my own blood, but Logan's, too. Looking back, I see him on the ground, crumpled. The snow is covered in various sprays of blood.
♠ ♠ ♠
One more chapter. WOO!
Comment, please? :D