Status: Complete, check out the sequel:)

In Fear of Life

Chapter Three.

I picked him up bridal style and carried him to the hospital, which wasn't far, just two blocks. I handed him over and sat in the waiting room, worried for this boy I had never met before. This reminded me too much of Ryan.

I failed to suppress a shiver as the doctor came out and walked over. I stood up as he said, "You can see him, normally it would be only family, but he asked for the guy who brought him here, so.."

I let a smile show a little as I walked into the room and saw the boy laying there. All of a sudden, I couldn't breathe. It looked like the same scene with Ryan, just a different person.

The boy on the bed tilted his head as I started to hyperventilate. I heard voices, but couldn't tell whose, before I let the darkness take me over.

I woke up to a white light, and thought, I'm dead. Oh god, I'm dead. NUUUUU! I flailed my arms but stopped when I heard, "Is he having a seizure? Oh my, he really should be in a bed." I opened my eyes to see a pudgy nurse looking at me with concern in her eyes.

I was still on the floor. I'm at a hospital, shouldn't they, like, be helping me? A doctor crouched down next me and shined a penlight in my eyes. I growled and tried to snatch it away. "Yep, he's fine. Can you stand?" I felt wobbly but stood fine.

I noticed something. "Where's the boy who was here?" I doctor smiled and said, "Oh, his parents picked him up when you were out." I felt a sting of disappointment. I wondered who he was. I guess I'll never know.

The doctor handed me a sucker and I squealed like a little girl. The smile on my face faded as I went outside. It was nearly dark and my house was miles in the opposite direction. Oh well.

As soon as I got home, I shed my clothes, set my alarm, and cried myself to sleep.

The next morning, I went through my morning routine with gusto, excited about today. In case you forgot [Sigh] I'm going to have a photo shoot with this really loaded guy and his family. It's weird, but I don't care. I'm just happy.

Grabbing the card with his address on it, I realized he lived all the way across town. I'd have to take, oh dread the the thought, public transportation. Those two words were a menace to mankind. Grabbing my duffel, which you have to realize I take everywhere, since it has my equipment in it, I started walking to the nearest bus stop.

Arriving near the neighborhood, it really hit me. This guy is freaking wealthy. Walking down the street, the houses got bigger and bigger, turning into mini machines. Insane. Looking at the card, I stopped at a particular house.Ringing the intercom, a voice asked me stiffly what business I had.

"Hey, I'm uh, the photographer. I have a meeting set up for-" BEEP. Jerk. Didn't even listen. I headed up the drive and reached for the knocker on the door when it was pulled open by a tall butler. He had a million wrinkles and his back was very straight.

"Follow me, the sir is waiting." And he walked away. I struggled to keep pace, how could he walk so fast? Finally, he pushed open a pair of double doors to reveal a library of sort, with a fireplace sitting empty.

The butler announced himself then left as a man I vaguely recognize from class stood up. "You must be Matthew. Hello. My name is Richard Johnson." I stared at him. He seemed very cold on appearance, but I could hear some hint of warmth in his voice, which I trusted.

"My family will be joining us in the courtyard for the shoot shortly. Are you thirsty?" I shook my head and mentally hit myself. I felt very rude. "Uhm..Hi. Yes, hello. Thank you so much for selecting me for your photo's. I appreciate this so much."

His face softened a tiny bit, but hardened again as he escorted me outside to the courtyard. Sitting there was a woman, who I assumed was his wife, a little girl of about 5 years of age, and a chick who had to be around my age.

Mr. Johnson spoke, "This is my wife, Natalya. My youngest daughter, Amy, and my oldest, Jane. My son.." An irritated look flashed across his features as someone walked down the the courtyard. I couldn't see him well, but unlike the rest of the family, he wore all black, possibly casual. I turned my attention back to Mr. Johnson.

He sighed. "My son, Adam." I set off to putting up my camera for the right angles and lighting when I heard a gasp. I turned and saw the boy, Adam. The same one from the hospital. I stared at him wide eyed his sister Jane, walked over and grabbed my arm. "Come on, Mattie, take my picture!" She giggled at her self as I shook her loose.

Walking closer to Adam, I asked, "Are you okay? This is..surprising?" A small smile lit his face as spoke. "Uhm, so you're the guy who's taking pictures?" I nodded and he crossed his arms, jutting his hip out. How cute. It made me want to hug him.

No! Bad Matt. What would Ryan think? That you're getting over him? No, I promised forever. Besides, this kid is rich, probably still in high school, and probably straight. So forget about it. I set up my camera finally and got ready for a very long evening with someone I shouldn't be thinking of.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for commenting, I'll be naming everyone who comments from now on. I've learned that people like that (: I do, anyways. Merry Christmas :D

Sadly.Sadistic
DreamReplay
Porcelain
i don't care anymore

Not many, but come on, I just posted this stuff. Gotta be patient and happy. Four individuals who care enough to comment (:

Thanks for your precious time. :D