Status: Complete, check out the sequel:)

In Fear of Life

Chapter Thirty.

Matt

Rayy and I drive to Lisbeth's, completely silent on the way.When we pull up, we're barley parked before we're running to her apartment. "It's B2."

We knock and lisbeth answers. "Oh, Matt..Rayy..What are you doing here?"

I speak first. "Is Jake here?"

She shakes her head. "No, he just left. We talked and he told me to be careful. What are you doing here?"

We look at each other, confused. "Did he walk back?"

She says, no. "He took the bus, back." We rush out of there and jump into the car. We're barely on the road when my phone rings. I recognize the ring tone.

"Adam! I can't find Jake! Lisbeth said he left, that's they're f-"

He says something. "Matt, please listen."

I can hear the urgency in his voice. "He's there, isn't he?" Everything seems to stop.

"Yes. Somewhere in the house. Jake is here. Him and Hannah are in the bathroom. I'm in the bedroom. Door's are locked. Don't come. Police are on the way." He says all together, like they're not really important details.

I let out a weak sob. "I don't care! I'm coming!"

"No. don't come, Mattie,I don't want you to get h-" He stops in mid sentence.

"Adam? Adam, what's going on?!"

He comes back on the line. "Matt..I love you."

I gasp, hearing the truth in his voice. "ADAM, NO! RUN ADAM!" I scream through the phone. Rayy looks terrified and when the phone clicks off, I stare at it for a second. We swerve and a car horn blares. I take control of the steering wheel and keep driving, definitely speeding.

Rayy looks at me. "What's going on? Are they...okay?" I shake my head. I don't know what to say. In about 8 minutes we finally get there and I see Jake and the guy who tried to kill me struggling in the snow. Jake is knocked unconscious. I jump out of the car without parking, and Rayy follows.

I want to attack Logan, but he grabs Adam by his arm, and he cries out in pain. The sound alone makes me want to die.

Adam's arm is bloody and his shirt is ripped open, a gash forming the letter 'L'. I can tell he's in horrible pain. The police pull up behind me, four cop cars. They draw their guns and shout, "Release the boy!".

Logan smiles and says, "This is the plan." My heart sinks as he stabs Adam, my Adam in his side. He screams and falls forward. I rush forward, but Rayy grabs me before I get the chance to take two steps.

The cops fire as Logan raises his knife again, and it's creepy. He looks happy. His blood sprays everyone, on Adam and the snow. I'm crying and stumble towards Adam, grabbing him away from the man who is already dead. Adam is weeping, too.

A policeman grabs hold of Adam and brings him close when a paramedic arrives and starts to take off his shirt to examine the wound.

Adam is unconscious and I notice that Jake hasn't woken up. A paramedic is checking his head, and determines him to be alright. Rayy lays over him, crying. I look at all this chaos and I don't even notice Hannah standing at the door, shaking.

I walk to her and pull her into a hug. "I-I couldn't do anything! He was..my brother! I couldn't..he..I was so scared for Adam, but I couldn't.." I shush her and she cries even harder. A paramedic checks her and tells me she's in shock and needs to get warm. The police are in the house and don't want us to touch anything.

I get into the ambulance with Adam. Gently touching his brow, I whisper, "It's alright. I love you, and I'm here." Kissing his forehead, I rest my head against his on the long ride to the hospital, once again.

Adam

At the hospital, I wake up. Matt looks so worried and tired, I just want to snuggle him into oblivion. Hmm, that sounds awesome! I will SNUGGLE YOU INTO OBLIVION! Okay, enough loopy drug effects.

They tell me I can leave soon, and I'm lucky to be alive. I look at Matt and smile. "I know."

Epilogue, Matt

So I guess things have really changed in the last couple of months. Adam turned 18. He's been accepted with a free ride to an expensive college...in California. I've thought about going with him, but I'm not really sure.

My career is really hitting off, but maybe after he's been there awhile, I'll surprise him and move there. Who knows? Hannah and her mom went to counseling and seem to be happy enough. Gus and Hannah are still dating.

Jake and Rayy dated for awhile, but then Jake and Lisbeth fell back in love. It's a pity, but Rayy found a new boyfriend, Jonas! It turns out he's actually 110% GAY. Obviously, Gus was happy that he introduced them.

Now Adam and I are spending the last couple of months we have together just...lazing away. And by lazing away, I mean lot's of sex.

I still thank Ryan everyday for keeping us safe, which I know sounds weird, but I still have a deep love for him that will never go away. I'll never take for granted that I found two loves in my lifetime. I will never let this go unforgotten.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end. Sequel? If I do, I'll probably rewrite the one I have half finished already.
Comment for sequel, and tell me if you liked the story or not.
I'd be so freaking happy.

But of course, if there's only a few to no comments, no sequel :(