Status: Complete, check out the sequel:)

In Fear of Life

Chapter Four.

Adam's point of view

Walking outside, I saw my family and the photographer making small talk. I grimaced at the thought. I heard my father announce, "My son, Adam." I turned to introduce myself without his help, to find myself staring at the photographer. I gasped. Setting his stuff up, he glanced at me, his eyes widening. It was the guy who brought me to the hospital yesterday.

Jane grabbed his arm, "Come on, Mattie, take my picture!" He shook his arm loose and she pouted as she walked away. He took a step closer to me and said, "Are you okay? This is...surprising?" I let a small smile adorn my face. "Uhm, so you're the guy who's taking pictures?"

He nodded and I cross my arms. He looked like he wanted to giggle. Wait, Adam. Straight men don't giggle, so he's probably not gonna giggle, right? I need to stop be so pessimistic. I sighed and stepped in next to my sister, waiting for this to be over, yet hoping it wouldn't be for a while.

He took a lot of pictures of me, I noticed. More single ones of me than the rest of my family, even though I'm not even dressed up, unlike my sister, who's wearing a freaking dress. Not a summer, casual dress. A big one, like she's going to a dance. She does look gorgeous, though.

One good thing out here is the flowers. They're so elegant and smell nice. Yeah, I'm not gay at all. Notice the sarcasm. Picking some flowers, I saw a flash of light as I realized the guy took a picture of me.

"Not fair, I wasn't even paying attention!" He smiled as he showed me the picture, which actually looked really good. And believe me, it took a freaking miracle to make me look even remotely good. He frowned as if he just realized something.

"My name's Matt. Is it too personal to ask what was wrong the other day?" I shook my head. But I didn't say anything for a moment. Suddenly something hit me. Like, literally hit me. My dog, Chomp, ran up and knocked me over. He was pretty big for such a gentle dog.

I laughed at the look on Matt's face. Pure terror. "I-I-I, uhm, big doggy. Just, ahh.." Chomp looked up in interest, and of course, preceded into knocking Matt over, too. Matt probably wouldn't have fallen over if he wasn't frozen in fear. He was so much taller, and bigger than me.

Let's get this straight, he's definitely not fat, I'm just the most tiniest thing ever. It's pretty funny to see he's afraid of Chomp, or any dog for that matter. Jane walked over, and I saw my parent's walking back up to the house.

"Yeah, they have 'important business' to get to." She smirked. Grabbing me by the shoulder, she steered me towards the lake. Turning towards Matt, she asked, "Come for a walk with us? Please?" He sighed but didn't look too disappointed, so he took step next to me.

It was silence for about 5 minutes before my sister asked something that made me want to kill her.

"Matt, are you gay?"

I was seriously mortified. Like, slack face, wanna go crawl in a hole and die. Chancing a look at Matt, his face was beet red. "Is it that obvious?" I let out a little breath. So there's a chance for 'us'? Sure, keep on dreaming, boy.

Note to self: Think happy thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Remember guys, this was my first story ever. And I'm really trying not to change it.

So I'm sorry if it disappoints anyone, but to all those who enjoy it, thank you, and subscribe :D

Don't forget, people, two comments per chapter will make me post faster :)

Thanks to

Lawlipop
yoursweetestdreams

For commenting and making this chapter possible.
Love you guys! xD

Oh, and sorry. I just noticed that this chapter is shorter.