Status: Complete, check out the sequel:)

In Fear of Life

Chapter Nine.

On the way back through town, it starts to rain. It's unusually quiet in the car, and I just stare out the window as Gus drives through the now pouring rain. We pass the bank, the church, the school, the playground..

There's someone under the slide..He looks familiar. And must be soaked. Wait a minute...

"STOP!!" I yell. Gus slows down and looks at me. "Huh?"

"Pull over by the swings..I think..I think that's someone I know." He does as I ask and I jump out of the car and run towards him.

He's crying and trying to say something at the same time, but I don't think he notices me. Crossing my arms, I look at him for a second, only vaguely realizing that the rain is soaking into my clothes.

When I reach down and put my hand on his shoulder, he looks up at me startled, and I'm faced with beautiful brown eyes, the color of honey. The look on his face is so depressing, and he looks so broken, I'm lost for words..

I try to pull him up, but I'm too tiny, and lack physical strength whatsoever, so Gus gets out and helps me get him into the car. Sliding in next to him, I pull him closer and put my arm around his shoulder.

He leans his head onto my chest and clings to me like I'm the rock before a steep waterfall. He's soaked with rain and tears are still running down his face.

"Shh..shh." It's okay. It's alright. I want to say those things, but I don't know if anything is okay or alright, so I just say what everyone says to calm someone down.

Soon he's asleep and I look up at Gus, whose staring at us both with wide eyes. "Dude..whose that?"

"This.." I bite my lip. "Is Matt. He uh..my dad hired him as a photographer, and I guess..I don't know. He's..really nice, you know."

Gus smiles and makes a face like, 'AWWW'. I will send the evil rainbow ninja's after him, I swear it.

"Where to, mr. lovey dovey?" Gus laughs at his own joke, which isn't that funny, might I add.

"Well..to your house? I don't want my family asking questions, and I don't know where he lives.." I bite my lip again.

"Okie dokie. Why was he crying, though, do you know?" Gus asks, this time looking genuinely concerned.

I look down at his beautiful, haunted face and feel as if my heart is breaking. "I don't know, Gus. I just don't know."

Leaning my head against his, I soon fall asleep before the car screeches to a halt.
♠ ♠ ♠
For the commenters this time, I'll give them..
AN AWESOME DANCE PARTY!
Well, no not really. ):
But I still love you guys!
Kiurrstennnā™„
annnnndddd another big supporter!
im.bluberry