Once More, With Feeling.

Chapter 2.

1946, what a historic year it was.

The United Nation's first meeting, the official ground-breaking opening into the space age with the new-found knowledge of the ability to communicate from the Earth to outerspace. President Gaulle's resignation as both Head of French Provisional Government and President of France. Also, mankind's most remarkable invention was introduced to the French market in Paris - the bikini.

Bistrot Le Clou was established in the 1920's before the break out of the war. Withstanding the impact the war had laden the country with, it, despite many brutal attacks, still stands strong upon the banks of the Canal St-Martin, fixated close by the River Seine. It's sumptuous fusion of English and French cuisine has drawn customers from all of Paris. The food that has been served up to countless, never failed to deliver an impeccable zest of piquancy and satisfaction.

Gaulle's contribution to the French society was momentous and, in a way, consequential. Many succeeding French governors were under paramount influence of his political ideology named Gaullism, and his retirement, though did not inflict a great blow to the people of France, still had a rather substantial impact on us. Surely, there were to be a rather significant commotion the citizens would have cooked up.

Sitting bemusedly at the Bistro, I scribbled and sketched out an abstract melody line on a roll of parchment. A fervid supporter of Gaulle's political ideas, his retirement probably had struck a harder blow on me more than any other. Roving and bumming around for the past few days had became a daily occurence already. I had absolutely no external/self motivation or motive to revert back to my sedulous self anytime soon. People who knew me found my behavioural patterns utterly absurd.

Some time had passed, as I sat idly at my table.

Out of the corner of my eye, a young and stunning lady sauntered into view. Her corsette accentuated those tenacious curves, and as she called out to the waiter, a splendiferous voice slithered out her set of perfect lips. She sat at a table opposite mine, and greeted my presence with a mesmeric smile that felt as if it were smacked onto my cheeks. Eyes glistening in the golden sunshine, they shimmered with more panache than any crystal chandelier. The uniqueness this fine young lady cannot be expressed in the uncouth form of words, as such a comparison would only defame her beauty. Coyly, I grinned in embarassment and turned my gaze back to the parchment. Her bewitching and rememberable face taunted my chain of concentration.

With the eccentric tinge of exultance and the sudden fusillade of inspiration, I penned down my first Arabesque and left hurriedly, in an attempt to cover up the incessant flushings of my cheeks.