Status: Depends on the comments I get :]

The Thoughts of One Moment

Chapter Four

I shook my head repeatedly. “No. Forget about. Not chance in the world.” I convinced myself. Allison’s jaw dropped. “The guy asks you out to lunch and you say no? Um, yeah, I think you need your brain checked.” She nagged on and on.

I rolled my eyes flipping through more of the magazines. The pages crowed with musical acts like, All Time Low and The Gaslight Anthem. “Rikki!” She yelled. “What?” She looked at me like I should know ‘what.’

“Think about it, he’s at the restaurant, he tells the person he wants a table for two, he sits down and waits, and waits, and waits, and then cries his little black heart out cause the person who he met yesterday who promised him she’d be there isn’t. Doesn’t that just tear at your heart?” She acted, gripping her chest and pretending to tear it out. “No, it doesn’t.” I said raising my brow. “Heartless.” She called me. “I try."


“You know what, I actually think you do. Come on, humor the poor lonely dude.” She urged. I rolled my eyes. “If I go, will you stop complaining?” She nodded quickly. I sighed heavily, getting up from my bed and walking over to my closet and pulling out a pair of jeans and a shirt along with a jacket.
...
Gerard had told me to meet him at the Bombay Garden on Hudson st. around 12:30 and I had gotten there right as he was talking to the greeter. “Hey.” He welcomed as I walked up to him. “Hi.” I smiled, messing with my hair. “Um, table for two please.” He told the greeter. He adjusted his small glasses and looked at us over the rim. “Inside or outside?” Gerard looked at me. “Outside, definitely outside.” I looked around.

Inside the restaurant was booming with people, the last thing I bet Gerard wanted was to be noticed while on date. I mean this wasn’t really date, just a guy asking a girl to lunch. Not a date whatsoever.

The greeter led us to one of the tables that had a great view of the park and seated us, setting down a couple menus. “May I ask what you’d like to drink?” He asked routinely. “I’ll have coffee, black.” Gerard ordered. “Same here.” I agreed. Gerard smiled which made me smile.

He glanced down at the folder I had in my hands and asked what it was for. “Oh, I thought that sense you liked my pictures yesterday, I’d bring more for you to look at.” His face brightened as I handed him the folder.

He looked through and picked out the ones he liked the most and handed the others to me. Our coffee came and he set it down close to picture Gerard had put aside. Some of the coffee dripped onto the photo and he apologized for it.

“Don’t worry about it. I do that a lot, so its no big deal.”

“You ruin your pictures?” He shot me a strange look.

“I don’t try to ruin them. But, like sometimes I do and its completely accidental.” I explained.

“Have you always made little mistakes like that?”

“Oh my God, you should’ve seen me when I started out! I couldn’t process a photo to save my life. Like I’d leave the picture in the acid to long and It’d fade or I wouldn’t leave it in there long enough and it’d have black splotches here and there. Yeah, it pretty stay’s the same until freshman year at SVA when I learned how to properly process a picture and how long to leave it in the acid.” I tried explaining.

He nodded his head slowly.

“I probably just bored the hell out of you, didn’t?” I rolled my eyes away.

“No! Not at all. It was interesting. Ya know, trial and error, right?” He tried. I nodded, messing with my hair. “The good thing is, you eventually got it down.”

“On a different note, why is My Chemical Romance in town? Aren't you guys on some kind of big tour?”

“No, were right now just doing a bunch of little shows. And one of which is here at Roseland.” He said, taking a sip of coffee. “Really? When?”

“January 29th and February 5th.” He cleared his throat before asking If I planed on attending either one of them. “I’d love to, but I work both those night, so I’m afraid I’ll miss them.”

“What do you do?”

“I’m a Hired Photographer. Um, I work for this company my friend Richard Reynolds owns. And what it is, people will call wanting like a family photo taken, and they’ll call this number and Richard will assign it to a photographer.” I explained.

“Can photographers be recommended?”

“I think so, If you catch Richard on a good day, you can ask for a specific photographer. He’s really good at doing that.” I sipped at my coffee.

“Okay, that’s cool.” He said simply.
...
We talked for a little longer until we realized that’d we’ve both had a considerable amount of coffee and that it might be a good time to get going. Gerard handed me back my pictures and asked me if he could keep just one.

I didn’t mind so I said he could. He laid the money down on the table and he called me a cab. “I’ve lived in New York since I was 4, Gerard, you didn’t need to call me a cab. My apartments fairly close anyways.” I snickered as the cab pulled up.

“Who said it was for you,” He paused. I went to say something when he laughed. “Its for us both. It’ll take you home and me to the hotel I’m staying at.”

So we both got in, and we talked a bit more and before the car arrived at my building. “I guess I’ll see you later.” I said, kissing his cheek and getting out. He rolled down the window and waved me off. I smiled watching the car take off and opened the door to my building.
♠ ♠ ♠
took me long enough to write this :P

Comments?

Subscribe?

Please :)