Snow

Snow

A small nose squeezed against the window.

It was Christmas, the smell of gingerbread and spruce filled the living room and outside snow was falling from the sky.

White powder flakes twirled and whirled in the wind, captivating the young girl who looked out with a childish smile on her face.

It was dark outside, the only light coming street lamps and warm light that came from the houses’ windows, dark shadows threatening to come closer if the lights were to go out.

But none of this was on the girls mind, she only watched as the white dance went on in hypnotic patterns.

Her breath made fog on the glass and she squinted her eyes to see better and there among the snow she started to notice small figures, dark as shadows, dancing among the flakes.
“Mom, mom, there are something in the snow!” The child yelled high pitched to share her discovery.

“Where Erienne?” Her mother kneeled down besides her daughter and tried to see what Erienne could see.

“Can’t you see them?” Erienne looked at her mother and then back outside. But whatever had been there was now gone. “They’re gone!”

“Maybe you scared them off, snow spirits are very shy creatures.” Her mother rustled little Eriennes hair. “Now how do you fell about opening some presents?”

“But will I see them again?” Erienne asked pouting and ignoring the offer.

“If you believe darling, if you believe.” The mother rose. “Now presents.”

Erienne smiled, snow spirits forgotten.
♠ ♠ ♠
Merry Christmas everyone!