Status: working on it

Billie Joe's Modern Girl

We are the class of the class of 13

The following week was the funnest I’ve ever had at my job. I actually had a nice time, because for one thing, Billie wasn’t missing. He was actually home, doing some of the stuff I normally did. It felt great.

Yet, there is a part of me that is very doubtful. Maybe this was all an act, to try and help his appearance. Whatever it was, though, I liked it. I could sense some kind of tender feeling coming from Billie. I just shook it off, thinking that it wasn’t there at all.

I’m not the coolest girl there is. I mean, I’m not skinny, but I’m also not fat. It’s hard to say if I’m pretty. I hardly have that many friends and somehow, it never mattered to me. I like my life just the way that it is, without everything else, of course.

My parents were brutally murdered by savage animals, or so the headlines read, when I was thirteen years old. I sometimes dream of the animal that did it, but not that often anymore. I have been living on my own after high school, because I had found a house, not because I was unwanted.

My aunt and uncle were great people. They helped me through everything, from boys to even homework. They are the ones who paid for tuition and everything. I got my first job at 14 and started saving every penny. I’ve helped out at a lot of charities and have been very active in clubs, like Best Buddies.

I was working on Billie’s taxes, when Billie comes in, closes the door, and sits down next to me.

“I think I need to fire you.” Billie says.

“Why?”

“I’m too attached to you.”

“What? I mean, how can you? You’ve only started getting to know me this past week?”

“Yes, but I only distanced myself from you because when I met you, I fell hard for you. I felt things I thought I’d never feel again. I didn’t want it to develop into something more, so I was a real jerk to you. But then it took Mike and Tre to convince me that I’m being crazy. So, I bottled up my fear and tried being just friends. Then I realized that I can’t, so the only way I could not let my emotions run wild is to fire you and ask you on a proper date. So, will you go on a date with me? I understand if you don’t want to…”

I interrupted him with a kiss.

“Yes, I would love to go out with you.”