Status: working on it

Billie Joe's Modern Girl

She wears her makeup on like the video walls of the heartland

The date was planned for this Friday. I was more than excited, I was ecstatic. Not only was I going on a date with Billie Joe Armstrong, my idol, but I was going with the love of my life. Yes, I haven’t gone on one date with the guy, but it didn’t take long to fall hard for him.

Billie was supposed to pick me up about six, so I rushed to get ready, since I spent the day reading. I chose to not dress up that much, because I wanted more of a natural feel. So, I decided on just skinny jeans, a Ramones shirt and a pair of Chucks. I added some foundation and mascara, and the look was complete.

I hear a knock on the door and I hurry to open it. Billie is standing there, in all his glory, with a button up black shirt, black skinny jeans and converse.

“Hey, you ready?” Billie asks.

“Sure.”

We get into Billie’s car and drive off.

“So, where are we going?” I ask.

“Oh, it’s a surprise.”

“So, does this surprise make me want to love or “make” love to you?”

“I hope both.” He laughed.

We road in comfortable silence, just watching the landscape go by. We eventually come to a very empty spot near some trees.

“It’s just a little way from here.” Billie said, while opening up my door.

We start walking through the trees, with Billie as my guide, and we eventually come to the most fantastic sight I have ever seen. Billie had set up a picnic spot on the ground, complete with food from KFC. He knew me so much. I love KFC. I know, not the coolest food for a date, but who said it had to be fancy?

The spot where we were eating at was next to a lake, which gave us a really good reflection of the moon and stars. It was startling to see all the stars out.

“Do you like it? Tre recommended this spot to me.” Billie asked.

“Yeah, it’s beautiful.”

We continued eating and talking. We talked about the amazingest things. I loved every second of it. I was starting to talk about my favorite TV show, Monk, when I heard a branch break. I looked towards the sound, to see that there was a pair of red eyes in the shadows. I could feel it coming nearer, but just as it was about to come out of the shadows, it suddenly ran far away.

Thinking it had just been my imagination, I shook it off and told Billie I was just paranoid. When we finished our meal, Billie took me home. We drove around, not wanting the night to end. But, we knew we had to.

Billie walked me to the porch. He was telling me how wonderful of a time he had when we both leaned in to kiss each other. It was a very powerful kiss, filled with passion and pent up affection. We were about to deepen the kiss, when Billie pulls away saying that he wanted to take it slow.

When he left, I got ready for bed. As I was brushing my teeth, someone put a handkerchief over my eyes and knocked me out.