Status: working on it

Billie Joe's Modern Girl

You are the moonlight of my life, every night, sending all my love to you

After Damien kissed me, he let me go. I knew that I wasn’t free yet. As soon as they dropped me off at my house, I would be watched. Strigoi are watchful creatures. They can pounce on you if you make one wrong move. So, I had to be extra precautious.

Did I really mean I would help Damien? No. I couldn’t let him do that. That would mean the end of what I do, protecting my Moroi, Amy. Damphires are made to protect Moroi. As you have noticed, I haven’t been protecting her, in the physical sense. But, as I have mentioned before, I can get inside her mind, so if she’s in trouble, I can be there in a jiffy.

I had to work through the daylight hours to make sure that I could help stop the assassin. First, I had to check up on Billie Joe. I knew I had to tell the truth, but how could I? It’s so hard for me, because I care for him too much. But, he’ll have to know. So, I headed down to his house. Before I got to his house, though, I got a call from Joey.

“Hello?” I asked into the phone.

“Julie, have you seen dad? I know he went out with you earlier.”

“What, he hasn’t come home yet? Have you called Tre or Mike?”

“Yes, and they don’t know where he’s at. He’s not with you, is he?”

“No, he left a while ago.”

“I don’t…” Joey started, but the rest was all a blur as I rushed inside Amy’s head.

That’s the thing with being Shadow Kissed. We can get inside each others’ heads when we’re feeling huge emotions. Yes, even if it’s sex, but let’s not get into that. Right now, Amy was feeling scared, really scared. I could sense something in the air that was just…. Wrong. Strigoi wrong.

At the moment, a tall blonde Strigoi named Brandon was about ready to pounce, while another Strigoi had Amy in a stronghold. Right before Brandon was about to pounce, Damien comes in the room, with Billie.

“So, this is what it comes down to. I know about your power, how if you feel great pain, or emotion, you can get Julianne into your head. So, Julianne, this is your ultimatum. If you don’t kill Justin before three days from now, Billie here will die, along with Amy. Now, I want you to move quickly, or have we forgotten about our love?” Damien sneered as he held Billie by his hair.

“If you love me Julianne, wherever you are, please don’t do what he says. I’d rather die than let you be with this monster.” Billie spat.

I was caught up in too much emotion to notice the road. I rammed into the barrier of the cliff and fell off.