My Chemical Pencey Prep

Teh Fro

It took Gerard a few minutes to remember where he was when he first woke up, and why Erin was in his sleeping bag, not that it was a bad thing. Everyone else was still asleep, and from what he could tell by the sun, it was about 10am. He glanced over to where Ray was asleep, and tried not to laugh at the skittles and popcorn lobbed in his hair. Next to him were Frank and Cassie, sharing her sleeping bag. Their clothes were thrown outside the bag. Gerard couldn’t help laughing.

Beside him Erin turned over. Gerard had more than feelings from her. He remembered back to the previous night, and how confused he was about her response. It still confused him, but maybe she had a point, it wasn’t appropriate in a tent with others, not that that had stopped Frank and Cassie by much. Gerard put his arms around Erin, and pushed her fringe away from her face. No-one else showed any signs of waking. He began to sing a song he had just thought of under his breath.

“Hand in mine, into your icy blues,
and then I'd say to you we could take to the highway,
With this trunk of ammunition too,
I'd end my days with you in a hail of bullets.

I'm trying, I'm trying,

To let you know just how much you mean to me.
And after all the things we put each other through.”


He looked up, shocked to see Erin awake and looking at him.
“Gee…” she began.
“Hush” he placed a finger on her lips. “I love you”
“I think I love you too, Gerard Way” she replied as they snuggled up.

“What on earth is my brother up to?” Mikey whispered to Bob, who was also awake. The whisper carried so Gerard and Erin both heard. Gerard winked at Erin, and started moaning dramatically.
“Eww!” Mikey exclaimed, and quickly moved and buried his head in Ray’s hair and pillow.
“Got yah!” Gerard said, as Bob wrinkled up his face.
“Shame” said Erin, getting out off Gerard’s sleeping bag.
“You two are so dirty…” Mikey began.
“Are not!” Gerard butted in.
“Are!”
“Not as dirty as them!” he pointed at where Cassie and Frank were, and the clothes outside their sleeping bag.
“Shit”
“I bet they had fun” Bob laughed.

“Look, and learn” Erin said, walking over and grabbing their clothes as Courtney woke up, and saw Erin hanging the clothes from the top of the tent.
“What the…”
“Sshhhh” She looked around to see Bob and Gerard trying not to laugh, while Mikey still looked grossed out. She went over to join them when Erin was finished.

“What should we do now?” someone asked.
“Wake them up, duhh” Ray said. Everyone jumped.
“So the mo-fro has awakened” Courtney said dramatically.
“Indeed”

“You know you have skittles in your hair?” Mikey cut in.
“I do?” Ray ran his hands through his hair. Skittles and popcorn fell out, which he then ate. Everyone laughed.
“So… what are we going to do about those two?” Bob said as he looked at them, they were still asleep.
“I know. Let’s pour stuff all over them, and make Cassie think Frank wet himself!” They all laughed at Gerard’s suggestion.

“Who’s going to do it? I hung up the clothes…” Erin started.
“I don’t mind” Courtney said.
“I’m not going anywhere near those two!” Mikey said.
“I vote Courtney and Mikey do it!” Gerard said. Bob and Ray nodded.

“Fine! But if I see anything I don’t want to see…” Mikey began.
“Come on!” Courtney said, handing Mikey a can of coke.
They crept over, and slowly started pouring the sticky liquid over them. Gerard then found skittles, and started flicking them and Cassie and Frank. They still didn’t wake up, even when they were wet.

“Damn. Time for stage 2” Ray said.
“Which is what?” asked Bob.
“I was hoping you’d tell me”
“Damn”

“Anyone got an idea?” Erin asked.
“I know!” Courtney said, as her and Erin when into a corner and whispered before laughing.
“Are you going to tell us? Mikey asked.
“Nope” they replied, before grabbing a pair of Bob’s trousers of the floor.
“Hey, wotcha doing with them!” Bob jumped up.
“Calm, all will be revealed soon” Courtney said. They each put one leg in Bob’s trousers, and tried walking. Everyone laughed when they fell over almost straight away.

“Frankie and Cassiekins, time to wake up!” Erin yelled, as her and Courtney tried running forward, falling on Frank and Cassie.
“What the fuck!” Frank exclaimed, waking up with a start.
“Good morning Frank. How wonderful of you to finally wake up” Gerard said in his old woman voice. Everyone laughed, while Frank went red.
“Oh my god” yawned Cassie “How come the sleeping bag is wet?”
“I wonder. Like I also wonder where you’re clothes went?” Ray asked.

“Yeah, any ideas Frank?” Gerard said, trying to be serious.
“Good one. Who’s idea was that?” Cassie asked, seeing the clothes hanging about her. “ but, At least im still wearing underwear!" She shot a look at Frank.
“It was Erins idea!” Mikey said
“No comment!” Erin exclaimed. By this stage everyone was laughing.
.

“Well, what are you going to do?” Bob asked.
“GO SWIMMING!” Frank and Cassie yelled together.
“With some clothes on” Mikey added.
“Nah” Frank replied, getting out of the sleeping bag.
“Eww, mate” Mikey said.
“Grow up!” Gerard said, slapping his brother. Within a few minutes, everyone has clothes on and was ready to go swimming. Frank still protested about not being able to swim naked though.

“I don’t want to do this” Erin said. They were all standing on the old dock over the lake, ready to jump in.
“Aww… why?” Gerard ask.
“Because my hair will get wet” Everyone started laughing.
“Yeah right bitch” Cassie said.
“Nah. It’s cold.”
“Aw. What a poor little girl. You’ll have to have a steamy session with Gee-pants after to warm up!” Frank exclaimed, then jumped into the water before Erin could push him.

“Argh! The coldness burns!”
“Look, little Frankie even screams like a girl.” She taunted.
“Don’t be mean to my Frankie!” Cassie said pushing Erin in.
“Right!” said Gerard, jumping in and pulling Cassie and Courtney in with him. Mikey and Bob followed.
“I’ll be right back” Ray said as he sprinted back towards the tent.
“And so the chicken leaves our midst” Mikey said dramatically.

“Like you can speak” Gerard splashed him. “You were grossed out by what me and Erin did earlier”
“Did?”
“Yeah”
“Fuck. So you weren’t pretending. That’s gross Gee, and she’s younger than you…” Everyone started laughing at Mikey lecturing his older brother.

“Chill, we didn’t do anything” Erin said.
“…but I don’t know about those two…” said Gerard, pointing to Frank who was playing with Cassie’s hair. “and he’s older than Cassie.”
“The mo-fro returns” Bob announced, as Ray threw the ball he had gone and got at Bob, which landed short and splashed him.

“Indeed I do” he said, dramatically pulling of his shirt and posing like superman, then moving his head so his hair moved.
“Ooh. I wonder what will happen when it gets wet” Courtney puzzled.
“Hey! I was thinking that first!” Cassie said splashing her.
“Well, I shotgun getting it wet!” everyone laughed at Frank.
“Eh, guys… It is my hair you’re talking about.”
“No. It’s Teh Fro, in all it’s greatness!” Frank exclaimed.

“Teh Fro? Whatever next?” Courtney said, before Cassie dunked her. Ray chose that minute to jump in.
“Hey, where’s mo-fro gone? Courtney asked.
“She ate it!” yelled Frank, pointing at Erin.
“Me?”
“Yes”
“Ray’s there…” Erin said, pointing at Ray who was now swimming to hide behind Gee.

“Seize it!” Cassie yelled, as she, Courtney and Frank, frantically swam after Ray to play with his hair.
“Noooo!” he said, flailing to protect his hair. It was hard to say who was the most intrigued by it.

“50 points if you hit Ray, 100 for hitting Frank. -10 if you hit a girl” Bob yelled and threw the ball. It barely missed the top of Rays head.
“I’ll get you for that!” Ray said, grabbing the ball. It missed Bob and hit Erin.

“-10 points for you, dude!” Gee exclaimed. “Only I can hit girls!”
“Really?” Erin said as she dived under to try and tickle Gee.
“Oi… when it’s not frank and Cassie, it’s Erin and Gee. Can you guys ever leave each other alone?” Mikey moaned.

“I think someone’s jealous” Courtney said. Mikey blushed. Yes, he did like her a lot.