We're Still So Young, Desperate for Attention

1. In This Little Number We Are Graced By Two Disp

(Title; In This Little Number We're Graced By Two Displays Of Character)

Ryan couldn't remember the first time he saw Gabe Saporta, he guessed that he had been from a music video or something like that. No matter how much he would recall to that time when he for the real first time saw the face of Gabe Saporta, he couldn't.

But the point was that he never truly had seen Gabe until Pete had brought Ryan, Spencer, Brendon and Brent into the studio for the first time, their first time.

The first he saw of Gabe in real life was how he and Travis McCoy had been throwing something back and forth to each other, laughing loudly while a pouting Patrick Stump had been sitting on a chair in the middle of them with crossed arms.

Pete had let out a high pitch ninja squeal and came to Patrick's rescue by kicking Travis' leg so hard he could jump up and grab what Travis held (it had turned out to be one of Patrick's many treasured hats), with the P!atd guys standing in the background and staring at them – completely lost and with out a clue of what to do or say, Ryan had bit down on his bottom lip and clung onto Brendon's hand harder.

Ryan also remembered how Gabe, with a laugh in his voice and glittering eyes, had dragged his hand through his hair before introducing himself as, "Gabriell Saporta, but if you ever say that your balls will be chopped off so you better stick with Gabe." That was what he had said to all of them – Brendon had laughed at the much older man and said, "I would prefer my balls to stay intact," and Brent had looked pretty disturbed. Spencer on the other hand had looked knowingly between Ryan and Gabe. But of course Spencer knew, Spencer always knew everything about Ryan. Mostly before even Ryan new it.

----------

Gabe remembered the first time he saw Ryan Ross. It had been home at Pete's. Pete had been bouncing up and down on the couch with a half amused / half tired looking Patrick next to him and (with no response whatsoever) tried to tell Pete that he had to calm down just a tiny little bit and that his t-shirt was on the wrong way.

But by then Pete had been too excited about the new "hot up coming band that would be bigger then Cobra Starship" (the two first times Pete had said so Gabe had hit him on his arm, the third, fourth and ninth time Pete had said it Gabe had simply rolled his eyes, the tenth, eleventh and ninety-ninth time Pete had said it Gabe had cut out his voice and left the hit-Pete part to whoever else was in the room) that he soon would go to Vegas to meet.

"You must look at the pictures of them!" Pete had squealed (getting an odd look from both Gabe and Patrick) and had jumped up on Patrick's lap.

Patrick had let out a loud, "Ouf!" and shoved down the still bouncing Pete to the floor.

"Show me some, then," Gabe had said with a roll of his eyes and a deep sigh that Patrick had laughed at.

Part of the main reason why Gabe had remembered the first time he saw Ryan Ross was because he had to ask Pete if it was a boy or girl sitting next to the smiling (only) blue-eyed boy that was holding a pair of drumsticks.

Pete had laughed for five minutes straight and fallen down to the floor again, trying to take deep breaths and tell Gabe how stupid he was until Patrick had mercy enough to tell him that it really was a guy.

"He just looks as fuckable as girl!" Pete had laughed from the floor and rolled out of reach when Patrick aimed at his hip with his foot.

Forty minutes later, Patrick had been forced to tear the computer away from Gabe and practically kick him out of the house (Gabe had bruises on his thigh for eight days) after the promise of, "Yes, I will send pictures of the band to you".

Gabe had left with a pleased grin, while on the other side of the door, Patrick had been attacked by Pete screaming, "PATTYCAKES gonna make Pete PANCAKES!!"

Patrick couldn't get through how he would manage to make pancakes for Pete with his back flat against the floor and with a false singing ("Patty-Patty-Pattycakes gonna make Petey-Petey-Pete pan-pancakes!") Pete over him.

The first time Gabe saw Ryan in real life was the same day he and Travis had come into the studio with just one hour's space between and then quickly gotten bored. It had ended with them stealing one of Patrick's many hats and then throwing it between them, just getting a little bit disappointed when Patrick didn't fight to get it back. It was then Pete had come in, followed with four other guys (to no ones surprise, all of them were taller then Pete), Pete had let out on of his (thankfully) un-famous ninja squeals (Gabe secretly wondered if ninja's really gave out those squeals or it was just in Pete's imagination) and then kicked Travis' leg. Pete may be tiny, but he had leg strength like no one else – this resulted in Gabe being deeply thankful that he hadn't been the one holding Patrick's hats when Pete along with... oh yeah, there was more people in the room...

The first thought that Gabe had when he looked at Ryan (really it was the third after Ryan's feminine face and slim body, but who cared about that?) was that that he was holding hands with the slightly shorter brown haired boy that Gabe had learned out to be the band's singer. Their fingers weren't lanced together, and they weren't holding hands like in a way that hinted for them to be a couple; it was more like a supporting and, "I'm-here-for-you-don't-be-afraid"-way of hand holding thing between friends. But that didn't stopped Gabe from wanting to bang the singers head against the wall. That was at least until the boy had laughed at Gabe's introduction and answered with, "I would prefer my balls to stay intact," and Ryan had rolled his eyes with a shy smile.

Right there, with Pete having his arms wrapped about a tired Patrick while glaring at Travis, who jumped around on one leg ("Fuck Pete! That fucking hurt!" "Stay away from my Lunchbox then!"), with the four younger boys staring at them with confusion and amusement in their faces – Gabe decided that he would have Ryan as his own sooner or later.

As in so many other cases it was later...