We're Still So Young, Desperate for Attention

2. The Streets Are Full Of Anything You Want

The first time Gabe found out that Ryan didn't quite live up to his rumour about being as innocent as he looked was when he four months later accidentally walked in on Ryan and his girlfriend (back then) having... "A little fun with a loud girl," as Gabe had explained it for Pete and Ryland later.

And since he was just Gabe, he hadn't left the room right away, but he had stayed a little longer with his head tilted to the side and a big amount of shock that Ryan seemed so wild and rough during sex.

It was first when Ryan had groaned "Fucking shit," that Gabe saw it as time to go. And he had definatly not sneaked into the bathroom to take care of the problem that Ryan most defiantly not had caused him he went down to the other guys to tell them what he had just seen.

Pete hadn't been late to tell Ryan that he had been watched by Gabe while he had fucked his girlfriend (at least you had to give Pete credit for waiting until the girl had left), but Ryan had just simply raised his eyebrow and gave Gabe a quick glance before asking "Which of the times?"

Right then, Gabe's heart had beat faster then a normal human's heart should do and he had bet with himself that before the end of the week, he would have fucked Ryan.

Gabe lost his own bet.

---

The second time Gabe had realised that Ryan really wasn't so innocent than everyone wanted him to seem was when he would go and get Pete for dinner and found Ryan laying with his back on Pete's bed with closed eyes and no t-shirt on. Seconds later, Gabe also saw Pete that was busy licking wet patterns over Ryan's stomach while palming the young boy outside his open jeans.

Gabe had slowly backed out again and closed the door before knocking on it and waited for a cheerful "Come in!"

Acting like nothing had happened, he had walked in with a wide smile and seemed surprised to find Ryan there ("You're here? Great, then you can get your band mates and I get time to talk quick with this monkey."). When Ryan had left, Gabe had smacked Pete across his face. Pete had let out a "Huh?" and tilted his head to the side while rubbing where Gabe had hit him.

"The kid is mine; I have wanted him ever since you showed me the good damn photo so stay the fuck away." Gabe had groaned while jumping up and down on his heels.

Pete had hit out with his arms and said, "Finally you admit it! We've been waiting for you to say that for over a year!"

Gabe had hit Pete again because... well, just because he actually deserved it.

---

Unfortunately, Pete's "We've been waiting for you to say that in over a year!" included everyone in the Decadency gang except Ryan, so Gabe was still completely oblivious about what to do.

Even if the rest of the guys in the Decadency gang quickly started to help him out; so much they could in any way possibly.

With other words; he was screwed.

He actually thought that he would get a little help from Spencer or Brendon. After all, Spencer and Ryan were best friends and Brendon was... well, he was just Brendon who seemed to know a lot more then he should about Ryan. But Spencer's answered on "what the hell shall I do" had been; "Ryan is not gay. He's a virgin with guys and if you in any way hurt him, I swear your band will be missing a singer."

Not exactly the answer Gabe had been looking for, but when he had pointed out to Spencer what he had seen Pete do to Ryan the same day he had admitted his feelings about Ryan to Pete, Spencer had gotten red in the face and left. Half an hour later, Pete had come into Gabe's room with the beginning of a black eye and screaming something about Ryan, Spencer and that Gabe was, "A fucking monkey devil clit who deserved to burn painfully in hell".

Gabe hadn't be able to catch too much else of the screaming before Patrick had come to his rescue and calmed down Pete with the promise of getting him fresh cookies and to buy new coffee from Starbuck's where his new friend Jonathan something was working.

Ryan was the only one completely oblivious about who had given Pete the black eye and why – no one seemed to tell him that it was his best friend doing it and that he himself was part of the reason. But, as Ryan had whispered into Gabe's ear with his soft relaxed voice, "Someone was going to do it sooner or later. I feel like kissing the one who did it."

Gabe had laughed at the boy and said, only half joking, "Then you should kiss me, kid, I'm half the reason to why Pete's wearing that sexy accessory now."

Ryan had laughed at him and kissed him quickly at the cheek (really near his mouth, if you asked Gabe) before jumping up on Brendon's back and letting him carry him out to the kitchen.

Gabe had blushed for over fifteen minutes and had gotten laughed at for equal time before he had given up and left the room (actually he had given away three more black eyes – Ryland, Siska, Travis – before leaving) to go and tease Brendon and Ryan a little instead.

When Ryan had left them half an hour later to write a little, Gabe had took the opportunity to ask Brendon about what Ryan liked and how he would manage to get him for himself. Brendon's answer had been almost as helpful as Spencer's;

"Ryan likes music."

(So much even Gabe had managed to found out so far, the kid was in a god damn band for Christ sake!)

"And he likes girls."

(Still not exactly what Gabe wanted to hear...)

"And he likes make up... buy him some make up. And Red Bull!"

"I didn't know Ryan liked Red Bull?" Gabe had asked confused, while doing a personal note in his head about buying a little make up kit or something else that would make Ryan happy.

"No, but I do. If Ryro's gonna get stuff, I also want stuff."

Gabe had chosen to ignore the already hyper singers request and left to search where the hell he could buy some kind of make up for boys.

---

One week after the conversation with Brendon, Gabe was back in the studio. He ignored the curious stares glances at his pink bag (really, he had asked for a black but they only came in pink) and went immediately to the room he knew Ryan shared with Spencer (this time he even remembered to knock before going in).

Gabe had blushed deeply by seeing the true happiness in Ryan's face when he had realised what it was in the bag and when Ryan had jumped up on Gabe with his arm around his neck and murmured, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" against Gabe's neck.

Ryan hadn't left Gabe's side for rest of the time Gabe was in the studio, occasionally Ryan did hug Gabe tightly and kiss his cheek – telling everyone how wonderful and amazing Gabe was and how he missed all the times when Gabe wasn't in the studio. And that he practically would do anything Gabe asked him to do to repay him (everyone was kind enough to ignore that Ryland and Nate chocked on their beer right then and that Pete fell down to the floor – dragging Brendon with him – from the hard laugh).

Gabe was in seventh heaven until Ryland three days later dragged him out to the car to go back home.

[A/N: Really should learn to preview my stories ^^]