We're Still So Young, Desperate for Attention

3. That's When You Stutter Something Profound

"So what do you think?"

That is the question Gabe had gotten three months later from Ryan, exactly when Gabe was on his way on leaving.

"Erhm, what do I think about what?" Gabe had asked, confused, while putting on his jacket.

"About our first album, of course." Ryan had tilted his head to the side. "You must have listened to it by now; you have been here almost as often as Pete has. And I know that you're not on the way to record an album."

Right about here, Gabe's mind had gone blank, and he had stared at the brown haired boy while opening and closing his mouth, looking surprising very like a goldfish. Hoping to God that he had not been too obvious, and that if he now had, Ryan would not reject him.

"Gogede," was the only thing that came out from Gabe and Ryan raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Erh... I mean, I wanted to wait until the whole album was done, y'know?"

"Gabe?" Ryan had raised one brow with an amused smile.

"Mhm?"

"The album hits the stores in two weeks; it's pretty done by now. Are you afraid that we are gonna sound bad?"

"Gogede," Gabe had repeated, with a lack of anything else to say which had made Ryan chuckle.

"I have no idea what that mean, but, c'mon, you can listen through it now…if you're not in a hurry?"

Gabe had simply shaken his head and then followed Ryan into the dark, and for now, empty recording room.

After a few minutes of squirming around, Gabe had finally sat down on the chair that was normally reserved for Patrick while Ryan had tried to find some of his songs.

"Aw, you took Patrick's chair." Ryan had pouted and tilted out with his hip. "I wanted to sit there."

Without waiting for a reply, Ryan had sat down on Gabe's lap and nuzzled his face into the crook of Gabe's neck. With a murmur, "this is actually comfy, maybe more comfy then the chair?" Ryan had reached out and hit the 'play' button.

Gabe had swallowed hard while trying to not move too much from having the thin boy in his lap, changing between the song's he thought Gabe would like and the one himself had as favourites.

Ryan had grinned up at Gabe while pushing his fringe behind his ear with one hand and changed the song for the fourth time with the other, explaining that, "This is kinda mine and Bren's favourite, and Pete has a thing for it, too. He say's it sounds like it's about hardcore sex," before hitting play.

Gabe's breath had hitched up from Ryan sentence and he had forced himself into taking deep breaths not to kiss the small boy.

"Do you think this is about hardcore sex?" Ryan had asked, halfway into the song, and looked up at Gabe with those fucking innocent eyes.

"M-maybe not about hardcore; more the feeling about it." Gabe had tried to smile one of his teasing reaching smiles that quickly had turned into a gulp when Ryan had smiled proudly.

"Really? I was trying to make it to be about the feeling. But it was very hard." Gabe did not know if it was just in his imagination or if Ryan really did overemphasize over the word 'hard'. He hoped for the latter option, since Ryan, at the same time, shifted around a little so his hip grinded down hard against Gabe's groin. "You think I did a good job?"

"Yeah, more then good." Gabe grinned when the small boy leaned closer – this was finally going the right way – and laid his arm around his waist to pull him closer. "People may feel things even from just the words."

"People like... you?" Ryan's lips were just half an inch from Gabe's, and he could feel from the breath that Ryan must have stolen some of Brendon's gummy bears again.

"People like me."

Gabe had practically felt Ryan's lips against his (he really had) and he had seen Ryan's eyes slip shut as the boys' breath had gotten heavier (he had, he had, he had!), and his heart had already done a small victory dance inside when the light had gotten flicked on, and a, "Ew Ryan, did I interrupt something?" had been heard.

Gabe was more then happy when Brent, eight months later, was thrown out of the band and replaced by the sound tech guy from the TAI... bus.

[A/N: I won't update for three weeks, if you want the reasons read my latest journal.]