Status: Updates Happen About Once Or Twice A Week

Start To Begin Again

Piece Seventeen.

Piece Seventeen.

I grabbed a wet Ichabod who was paddling in the pool out of the water. He let out a whine and yelped as I set him back on the ground. I pulled my sweater tight and stood up. Ichabod shook the water off his dark fur before running into the house.

He must’ve fallen in the pool. I had to tell Zacky to get someone to fix the back door before I make sure he falls in the pool.

I wiped my hands across my t-shirt and made sure Ichabod was in the kitchen before I shut the door and made it the lock actually latched. I knew it would come loose but for now it would do. The house was new but old at the same time. The only real issues were the windows and the back door.

I grabbed Ichabod and a dishtowel. I patted him dry till I felt he wouldn’t run around smelling like something he shouldn’t have rolled in. I let him climb out of my arms and bark at me till he felt better. I looked at the clock and sighed.

Zacky said he’d be home in time so he could go to the airport with me. He was cutting it close. I had to leave soon and he hadn’t even called to tell me how close he was to the house. I stopped wringing my hands once I noticed that I was doing it.

Majesty let out a whimper. I rubbed my forehead with my fingertips. I forgot to feed the dogs. I stepped over the grey monster and walked to the cupboard. The front door slammed and I knew it wasn’t Zacky when I heard Leana shout my name.

I pulled the bag out and let out a cuss when I almost ran into Leana.

“Sorry, Sorry,” She said grabbing the bag and let out her own favorite word when it dropped on her foot, “How do you lift that thing?” She asked as I grabbed it again and walked it over to the bowls and filled each one to the right amount.

“Years of lifting things that could only feed horses,” I said putting the bag back in the cupboard.

“You…look better,” She smiled. I smiled back but I knew she was only being nice. My eye managed to get worse and I didn’t want to think of the other scraps I had. I still winced whenever I stepped into the shower.

“Okay but you don’t look worse,” I smiled briefly, “So I guess you have two questions. Why am I here? And where is your green-eyed sex machine?” I frowned at Zacky’s nick named and blushed at the reason why he got it.

“Jimmy had to go pick him up off the side of the interstate, and I’m here for emotional support when you got pick up mom and dad,” She smiled. I smiled back uneasily and thought to myself ‘how could I explain Leana to my parents?’ Then another one hit me, ‘How would explain everyone to my parents?’

“I’ll drive, you look a little green,” I smiled quickly again, “Oh, I know that look. Lacey had that look when her mom met all of us. We’ll all be on our best behaviors. This isn’t that hard, I’ll just slip some Ritalin into Jimmy’s coffee and everything will be fine.” I sighed and nodded.

“I don’t know why I’m so nervous. I don’t know why I’m so not like me. I feel completely unlike me.”

“Love has knocked you off your high chair,” She said giving me a tight squeeze around the shoulder, “But still I get what you mean. You feel odd and weird because you’re not feeling like you but I think having your parents here to ground may do some good. Along with some other things. Trust me, things will work out.”

The words made me feel a little better and calmed the sea of churning in my stomach. Leana gave me another squeeze and I was starting to get why it was good to have friends that weren’t family and animals. I wrapped my arm around her waist and gave her a squeeze back.

“Thank you,” I said leaning my head against hers. I was only a couple of inches taller but still one of the shortest girls in the group.

“Anytime, now are you ready?” She asked.

“No but I’m willing,” Those little words seemed to be my motto in the making. Leana sighed with relief and grabbed my hand after letting go of my shoulder. I made a check around the house and tightened the lock on the backdoor. I locked Majesty in her crate and Ichabod in the guest room. I did another check of the house before Leana said I was procrastinating and dragged me out to the driveway.

The churning feeling in my stomach was back by the time I pulled the seat belt around me. Leana turned on the radio and tapped out the beat of the song as she pulled out of the driveway. She seemed excited if that was the word. I could probably guess why.

I never really talked about my parents or about my family in general. Zacky knew most of it mostly because he was the first serious boyfriend I ever had and everyone in my family always told me to start true, so I did for the most part. I told him about my mom but didn’t tell him about everything about everyone. I knew you should start true but somethings are better left in the dark.

“Lin?” I turned my head to look at Leana.

“Which gate?”

“B,” I said softly. I had memorized everything the arrival, the airline, the gate; everything down to the serial number of the actual plane. That only made me more nervous, I wanted nothing more for everything to be a really bad dream and wake up and still be a child.

“Have you heard nothing I have said?” I shook my head and stopped wringing my hands. Leana grabbed my hands and pulled them apart.

“Okay well we’re here, ready?” I nodded and unbuckled my seatbelt and made sure nothing was coming behind us before getting out of the car and crossing the street. I turned around when I noticed Leana wasn’t with me.

“You go, I’ll keep the car warm,” I nodded and walked pulled my sweater around me before walking into the chilled airport. I walked over to the electronic board and watched the flight names come in. Boston, New York, Seattle, Miami. Helena wasn’t on the list. I watched the board for a few more minutes before making my way through the crowd of arrivals.

“Miss lady,” I turned around before looking down, “You dropped this,” I smiled at the little boy before grabbing my cell phone from his little hand.

“Thank you, sweetie.” I said.

“You’re welcome,” He said scampering back to his mother who smiled and waved at me. I waved back and smiled before walking to the counter.

“Silly question but what happened to the flight from Helena?” The woman smiled and said it wasn’t silly before typing up the flight onto her computer.

“It actually came in early,” She looked up something else, “About half an hour ago, you can check the lounge if you want or we can page who you’re looking for?” She offered.

“No that’s fine,” I said before walking away. I rubbed my forehead and walked away from the masses and started looking for the lounge.

“Whoever heard of a flight coming in early? What if they think I forgot?” I asked myself.

I finally caught the sign that pointed to the lounge and picked up the pace. I finally was running towards the place till I saw my mother sitting in a plastic orange chair reading a book and rubbing her stomach. She looked a little bigger. She peeked over her book and smiled.

“Hi, mama.” I said hugging her in her seat. She hugged me back and patted my back. I pulled away and looked at her. She seemed younger, more youthful.

“How are you, Miss Runaway?” She asked. She lifted her hand up and waved it, “Tell me when we get back to house, can you carry my bag. I’m not feeling so well. Airplane food doesn’t like your little brother or sister,”

“Sure,” I said pretending not to hear that last part. I grabbed her bags and noticed she only had her bags. I stood up and looked around before looking back at my mom.

“Where’s Da?”

“Charles didn’t come…” She said a little frustrated, “But he’ll cool down,” She said brushing my hair from my face.

“Yeah. Yeah,” I said smiling but on the inside my heart broke.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. So I failed with the last chapter I kinda figured that as I was writing it. So I hope this one makes up a bit. It's still a littler scattered but a little bit better I think so.

So my official first day tomorrow at my new job. So nervous but so excited.

Thanks:
Xoxo.Tina
snowy.
the-quiet-one