Status: Updates Happen About Once Or Twice A Week

Start To Begin Again

Piece Seven.

Piece Seven.

Zacky

I could see Leana making her way from her house when I pulled back into my driveway. I had offered Linette a ride to the airport. I had planned for us to talk on the way there but instead the tension kept my mouth shut. I could also tell Linette couldn’t get away from me fast enough. If the slamming of the car door when she got out didn’t indicate it enough.

I got out of my car and slammed the door shut. Leana was already down her walkway. I really didn’t want to deal with what she was going to say. I walked up towards my house and unlocked the door. I could hear the gravel of my walkway crumble under her feet. She maybe small but she knew how make the earth tremble under her. I moved into my house and closed the door. The door slammed back into the wall.

“I can’t believe you let her leave!” She shouted. I looked back and saw her fuming in my doorway. I rolled my eyes. She walked in and slammed the door shut. The house seemed to shake from the action. She paused as if waiting for my answer but when I opened my mouth she held up her hand.

“I’m not done. How could you!? She came all the way down here just to get you to act like a functioning human being. What hell Zacky?” She paused again, “and you let her leave. You actually drove her to the damn airport!” It was my turn to talk.

“She doesn’t want me, Leana! She wants someone who’s not me. Someone who can actually act like a so-called functioning human being,” She rolled her eyes and closed the distance between us and slapped me upside of the forehead.

“You, Zacky are a fricking moron. No woman who has left a man and started a new life would come back to help said man.,” Her voice softened, “She got tired Zacky; tired of waiting for you to grow up. Maybe she does deserve a real man but she still loves you. Why? I don’t know.” She said strongly. She looked at me waiting for me to say something.

“You’re wrong,”

“Oh sure, yes. I’m wrong. So completely and utterly wrong. Did you know what Brian told me about the place she lives in? It’s a glorified hole in the wall. She used what little money she had saved to come see you. She’s so damn prideful she wouldn’t let Brian pay for her ticket. I’m sorry but no woman who doesn’t love a man uses what little money she has to visit an idiotic, stupid child like rock star.” She said raising her voice.

“Le…”

“I am no where near finished with you Baker. If it wasn’t for the fact that I respected my husband and the secret vows he snuck into our wedding. I would beat you right here and right now. Maybe that would knock some sense into you,”

“Lea…”

“I’m not done!” I turned and started walking up the stairs. I got to the last step and knew Leana was following me. I walked to my bedroom and pushed the door open. I walked to the closet and grabbed the gray suitcase that was pushed against the far wall.

“What are you doing?”

I pulled the bag out and put it on my bed.

“Packing,”

Linette

My hair was wet from the falling snow and my hands were cold and tired from carrying in the suitcases from up the road. My driver wouldn’t drive me all the way in scared of not being able to make it back up the drive way with his ancient car. I didn’t blame him. I was shocked it made it up the mountain roads to get me close enough so I could walk to the house.

I blinked my eyes. The snowflakes were making it almost impossible to see. The only reason why I didn’t brush them away was because I didn’t trust my bags to rest on the wet ground. I should’ve borrowed a suitcase from Zacky but I didn’t. I sighed and closed my eyes and kept walking.

I let out a tiny yelp as I slid and feel on the wet snow. Well at least I didn’t have to worry about bags getting wet anymore. I let go of one of my bags and wiped my eyelashes. I looked up at the house and huffed. The lights were out. My father’s car wasn’t sitting in its usual spot either.

I picked myself up and grabbed my bags. I slipped and slid down the wide driveway to the house. I was angry. The man makes me come all the way out here without a reason or one he couldn’t say over the phone. What the hell was so important that he couldn’t tell me over the fricking phone?

He had this planned. He had planned this. That dirty. Son of … No I wouldn’t insult my grandparents. These were the thoughts running through my mind as I stomped my way up the old stairs and didn’t even bother wiping my feet as I opened the door.

We never keep it locked. We lived more then a few miles from town and people around these parts knew better then to steal from my father.

I threw my bags on the floor and slid off my jacket with such force I was surprised that I didn’t get a friction burn even though it was the farthest thing from my mind. I slammed the door shut and locked it. It was a habit I picked up from living in the city.

I rubbed my frozen ears and walked into the kitchen. There was a note on the table. I rolled my eyes and picked it up. They had left. They had left knowing I was coming and still went out. I crumpled up the note and threw it into the sink. I wasn’t aiming for it but still.

I kicked the table with my boot. I let out a curse when I felt a pain shoot up my foot.

“Goddamit,”

“You’re not supposed to take god’s name in vain,” I turned and saw a man I didn’t really wanna see right now.

“Oh go to hell, Graham. You haven’t been to church since you were christened.” I spat. I glared as he closed the kitchen door.

“I saw you coming down the driveway; thought I’d say Hi.” I didn’t drop the scowl that I throwing him.

“Hi,” I said turning around, “Now bye.” I shouted as I walked into the hall and towards the back of the house. I climbed the stairs in my boots and heard the kitchen door close. Now I was alone again. Alone in a dark house. Alone, cold and wet. I walked into my old bedroom and saw that was nothing out of place. I stopped. Something was new. I walked to my fresh bed sheets and new embroidered pillow. It was something my mother had picked up when she moved out here.

I traced my fingers over my name that was stitched into the pale red fabric. Bold but it worked in my colorless room. I put it back on my bed. I felt water slid down my face. The snow flakes in my hair were melting. I pulled off my sweater and pulled out my pony tail.

I bent down and slid off my boots, then shimmied out of my wet jeans. I sniffled and wiped my nose. One thing I did not miss was the cold weather that was for sure. I looked in the mirror. My own face looked back at me.

My slightly red nose on my lightly tanned skin. My frizzy bushy brown hair. I could see all the tints of red both in my hair and in my skin. I had gotten my father’s skin and hair color. My frizzy mess of hair was my mother’s gift, along with my eyes, my nose and chin. My eyes were the only thing that was a gift from both of them. A dark hazel.

I pulled myself from my own reflection and finished undressing. I walked into the hall. I was home alone who cared if I strolled the halls naked. I grabbed a fluffy towel from the closet.

I turned on the first light in the house and stepped into the chilly bathroom. I shivered and unfurled the towel. I walked to the old claw tub. Everything in this house was old but worked like new. I think even the plumbing was the original. It was nice to be home, back to something familiar.

I turned on the shower and waited for the water to warm to my taste. The water in Montana seemed harder then in California. I smiled. I used to complain to Zacky that I never felt like my hair was fully rinsed out. He always told I would get used to it. I never did.

I set the towel on the sink and rubbed the sore spot in the back of my head. I was ready to get into the shower and the phone rang. I grabbed the towel and wrapped it around me. I ran down the stairs and almost slid on the wet spots my jeans had left.

I got to the phone and answered it with no breath.

“Lin…” Static.

“Da?” Static, “Da, are you calling from your cell?” Just a rush of static, I could hear someone trying to talk but I couldn’t make it out.

“Da? I can’t hear you.” I said. Just more distant words. I did catch one thing.

“I’m coming,” and that voice didn’t sound like my father’s.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know. I know. Bad Lilian how dare you wait two weeks to update.
I profusely apologize! I will also say expect another update by Saturday.
So send me some love or hate or something via a comment. They're always loved and I promise to never withhold an update just because a number of comments :]

Thanks:
a7x rocker
Ello Ashleyy.
starr8nn
Ace.Spade
Xoxo.Tina
WiccaKitty05
snowy.
Noxious