Deceitful Love

Chapter 3

I was still awake at 5 in the morning, laying on the couch watching music videos again since there was nothing good on this early. I heard the door slowly creek open and then I heard a scream.

"Oh. Hi Autumn. I didn't know you were staying here! I just about had a heart attack," Julie, Vinny and Jesse's mom laughed while putting her right hand over her heart, her left was holding a shopping bag.

"Sorry for startling you Julie. What's in the bag?" I asked. I was trying to take my mind off of the guilt trip I was having about Jesse.

"Some make-up and stuff for my hair. My husband hasn't seen me with a hair out of place and I don't plan on it."

I tried holding back a smile. Did she run in the bathroom before he woke up every morning or something?

"Have you seen Jesse? He is never home. I need him to clean his room! Inspectors are coming over in a week and I don't want them under the impression that we are scumbags just because one of my sons are!" She complained.

I wanted to scream in her face just then. As much as I love- well, I'm not sure about that, at least really like- Vinny... he get's too much attention. He is spoiled by his mom and step dad; he gets praise, attention, gifts, and he can get away with anything. Not that he does many things he could get in trouble for. But Jesse on the other hand... the only thing he gets from his mother is money. She doesn't pay attention to him at all unless it's to yell at him. She even hit him a few times with me around. What if she hits him more when I'm not there? She likes me better than she likes Jesse. Just thinking about all this made me regret what I said to him even more.

"-He really needs to get a hold of himself. Why doesn't he join a sports team like his brother? Vinny is a great idol for many kids- why doesn't his own brother look up to him?"

I was just to give Julie a piece of mind when Jesse walked- well stumbled- through the door. She was hot on his heels.

"What are you doing coming in at this time of morning!? Have you slept at all? And- ugh- you reek of alcohol! No wonder you're a failure. Go clean you're room right now. I don't need the inspectors thinking we're all like you. And if you have any drugs in there for Gods Sake, hide them so I don't get arrested!" She nearly spat in his face.

"Back the fuck up," Was all he said in return.

"Talk to me that way again and I'll have your step father take care of you," She snapped.

"Back-the-fuck-up," He repeated.

"You are just like your lowlife father! Get out of my sight!" She screamed. That must have hit home for him because his face looked hurt for about a second, then it went blank. Then he noticed me standing there and he quickly left the room. I stood in the living room for a moment, unsure of what to do because Jesse was mad at me and probably didn't want my empathy, but he also could use somone to talk to so I slowly walked towards his room. Just when I got to the top of the stairs I heard a loud bang! and I knew what he did. He punched a hole in his wall- it wasn't the first time. I walked into his room without knocking because I knew if I knocked he wouldn't let me in.

"Jesse, I-" I started.

"Get the fuck out of my room. Now!" The volume of his voice scared me.

"Please just listen-"

"Get out now you fucking whore! I don't want to see your ugly face," He bellowed then punched the wall right next to my face. I wanted to leave the room but it seemed like my feet were stuck to the floor and a sob escaped my throat.

"Oh shit. I'm so sorry Autumn. It's not you I'm pissed at. It's that bitch down stairs. I'm sorry. I really am. I didn't mean any of that."

"No. You did. And it's fine," I did trying not to sound like I was blubbering like a baby.

"I really didn't mean it. You're not a whore, and you're not ugly," He rubbed my arm awkwardly.

"I am a whore!" I started crying fresh tears.

"No you're not."

"I am. I'm cheating on Vinny with you! And then I was being a complete bitch to you! I didn't mean it- I was just upset about Brian. I hate him. You're not worthless. I am sorry about all that. You're mom is so wrong about you." I apologized.

"I hate her. I hate her so fucking much. She thinks she's a diva because she has a rich husband. If she didn't get surgery done she'd look like a gorilla. And my step dad he," He started but shut his mouth.

"Your step dad what?"

"Nothing."

"No. Your step that what!?" I asked getting worried. He looked strange- like he was hidng something.

"Nothing. He just calls me shit all the time. And it's Vinny this- Vinny that. He's so fucking special. It's like he's a king or something. No wonder you're dating him..." I shut him up by kissing him on the lips. He was never this open- it was a direct result of drinking way too much. I liked how he was being open with me, but it was also making me nervous that he would act weird around me when he was sober because of it.

"So you're not 'done with me?'" He smirked.

"I... I don't know. This is wrong. I'm dating your brother..." I contemplated.

"Come on. He's a spoiled dick," He sighed.

"You're 15 and I'm 16."

"I'm 16 in a week. And you're younger than Vinny aren't you?"

"I'll have to think about it," I said seriously but giggled when he pulled me over to his bed and leaned over top of me, tickling me.

"I have to think about it!" I laughed.

"Fine," He groaned.

|*|*|*|

"Hey, I'm home and I got you something," Vinny cooed in my ear. I opened it up and inside was two identical rings. They were beautiful.

"I got one for me and for you," He smiled putting mine on first, then his.

Right at that moment I felt so guilty about cheating on Vinny I was going to come clean and tell him, honestly, what I've been doing behind his back.

"Vinny there's something I need to tell you about Jesse and I," I began.

"What is it? Did he do something to you?" His voice rose in anger. "If he did I'll kill him..."

"No! No, he didn't do anything to hurt me. We... I-" I couldn't do it.

"We kind of bonded," I said instead.

He gave me a weird look then said, "That's.. good? I guess."

Then Vinny led me to his room where we laid together on his bed. So many thoughts were spinning in my head that I couldn't control. I couldn't keep doing this forever; I wouldn't get away with it... would I? Even if I could it's wrong and I had to do something about it before something bad happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback.