Moonless Night

Surprises

I groaned out quietly as I struggled up the steps to the Cullen Household. There were about a million bags filled to the brim with clothes hanging from my arms and hands. Alice bounced daintily up behind me, not caring that she had a million bags in her hands as well. She skipped past me, laughing at my tired form. I glared at her, but she just shrugged, unfazed by my infamous glare that made even Emmett squirm. Renesmee also bounced and skipped ahead of me, joining her aunt. Once again, I tried my glare, but it didn't seem to faze her too. Was I losing my touch? I passed by Sirius, and tried my glare on him. His eyes widened and he hid behind Nessie, who was giggling quietly. Nope, they just happened to grow immune to my glares. Damnit! Oh well. I finally managed to get inside and dropped all my bags beside the front door, sighing happily as the weight was lifted out of my arms. I flopped down on the couch next to Edward, grinning as he just stared at me, shook his head, and went back to reading... some type of medical book no doubt from Carlisle's office.
Sirius walked in as well, lifted my head, plopped down on the couch, and put my head on his lap. I looked up at him, laughing as he just stared at me. "I think she's deliurious." He whispered to Edward, who just laughed quietly and shook his head. Sirius grabbed the remote and surfed through all the thousands of channels the Cullens got. He finally settled on HBO, which was playing my favorite movie, The Dark Knight. I was absorbed in the movie as my favorite character, The Joker, came on and did his infamous disappering pencil trip on the mobsters. As time wore on, I began to feel my eyelids dropping, but I always forced them back open. But my body finally won the battle as Two-Face and Batman were battling up in the building for the Gordons. As I finally slipped into a light slumber I could make out a conversation Sirius was having with Carlisle and Jasper. "I really think I'm falling for her. What should I do?" Sirius asked.
"Annabelle is a good girl. Whenever she's around you, her pulse speeds up. She likes you too." Carlisle replied.
"Yeah, but knowing Anna, she will not admit it."
"So what do I do?"
"Tomorrow night you should...." And that's when they switched to very quiet whispers. I'm surprised that Sirius likes me back. Ever since he rescued me from those bullies in fifth grade, I've crushed on him.
*Flash Back*
"Alrighty then Powers, hand over the lunch money."
"B-B-But, this is my only lunch."
"I said give it to us! We're bigger and need it more than yo-"
"Leave him alone!" A feminine voice echoed throughout the courtyard. The bullies froze for a second, then turned to see Annabelle Marie Commings walking towards them. She finally did and helped the little second grader, Thomas Powers, up. She felt sorry for the little boy. He had witnessed his parents getting murdered at only seven years old. Plus, he didn't have a family... Like she did.
"Oh look, its the Orphan. Coming to help your fellow child?" The bullies sneered. Annabelle ignored them as she helped the little boy up and pushed him behind her. "Awww... Does the little Orphan want to fight?" They cooed in mean voices. She just stuck up her fists. The next moment, she was on the ground, fists and feet meeting her face and stomach. She vaguely heard Thomas running off, shouting for help. After a minute of being beaten, the boys were thrown to the ground and were punched by Sirius James Kirk. He got up, his lip split and his eye slowly becoming black, but other wise unharmed. The bullies were crying as blood seeped down their faces. "You go near her again, and I will make sure the rest of your lives will be greeted by beatings." He growled. They screamed and scrambled up, running away. He ran over to Annabelle's bleeding form and picked her up bridal style. He ran as fast as he could to the hospital her best friend's father worked at.
*End Flash Back*
I smiled to myself as I remembered that as soon as I woke up, he was sleeping in a chair next to my bed, holding my hand. But now I knew, I was falling hard for Sirius James Kirk.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am sooooooo sorry this took so damn fraggin long. I had the worst writers block of the centery (sp?). Hopefully this will make up for the long absence of this. :)