Status: Updating Slowly

React

Chapter 1

He lit up his last cigarette as he walked through the cold alley back to his chaotic apartment. His freshly chapped lips gently touched it, sucking in all the flavor. The people that passed him by avoided him the best they could. He heard them whisper the nasty things that he knew were true. He didn’t want to admit them, but he couldn’t deny it.

His light brown hair fell over his emerald green eyes as he passed the local markets in the small town. The cigarette just hung from his mouth as his head stayed down to block any eyes judging his appearance. When he turned left to the apartments he threw the cigarette onto the ground and put it out with his foot. He jogged up to the second floor and walked down the endless hallway with tons of doors.

When he reached his room, number 23, he opened the door with using his key that was in his trench coat pocket. As soon as he walked in he noticed his little sister sprawled on the torn sofa in the living room. She was face down with her arm dangling from the couch with her hand that held an empty beer bottle. There were a few more bottles that were scattered around the whole floor.

“Get up Tara,” he smacked the back of her head. She started groaning from the pain that appeared in the back of her head.

“You’re so mean to me Lucas,” she whined. He rolled her eyes at her, and walked into the kitchen to make her some dinner. It was just another usual night at their abode. He made dinner while his sister would drink herself dead. Sooner or later he’d be all alone to plan his sister’s funeral.

She scurried her way into the kitchen, her hair practically covered most of her face, and her tang top was about to fall down. Both of them stayed silent as he started to cook her some dinner. Tonight’s special that he planned was spaghetti. She threw herself onto the table, and pushed her hair out of her face.

“I got a job,” she smiled. He paused for a minute to actually replay the words in his head all over again.

“Wow that was kind of funny,” he resumed getting some of the spaghetti from the cabinet. He really couldn’t believe a drunky like her would even consider a job. Plus she was never the ‘responsible’ type to him. He thought the only words she’d understand were ‘can I buy you a drink?’.

“I’m serious,” she pouted. He started chuckling some more as he started to boil some water. “It’s at a bar.”

“Ok, now that I can believe,” he tossed the spaghetti in. Then after a few more minutes of making the food and sauce he was done. He divided both of them into two plates one for him and one for his sister.

“But there’s kind of a catch to my job,” she started stuffing herself with food. He started chewing with a slow speed.

“You don’t have to sleep with the boss do you?” He didn’t seem so worried about that.

“Well not me exactly,” she mumbled.

“Who then,” he sounded a little worried this time.

“You,” she looked down so that she didn’t have to face her brother’s anger. It wasn’t just anger it was more like wrath. His fork fell on his plate, and he smashed his hands onto the kitchen table. “It’s just a date!”

“I’m not a fucking hooker!” He screamed at her. She slumped back into her chair, terrified of her brother. “I’m not going on a blind date.”

“Technically it’s not blind since you know him,” she hid her face behind her long brown bangs.

“What’s his name?” He asked a little calmer.

“You know this is very good spaghetti,” she nervously chuckled.

“Tell me or I’m not going on this date thing,” he smiled.

“It’s Gregory,” she mumbled again. Lucas’ mouth practically dropped down to the ground, with his fists tightening.

“NO! I’m not going out with him!” He stomped out of the kitchen. “He’s a loser and a manwhore.”

“He’s changed!” Tara ran after him. “Really! Please, I’ll help around the house! I mean I’m going to pay rent or at least help. Come on when you’re working at the book store it makes me feel useless!” He stopped for a minute, it was just one date what could it hurt? Plus Lucas knew how to deal with Gregory if things got out of hand.

“Fine,” he slammed the door from his room. Tara giggled with joy and started jumping around all giddy like.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you enjoyed :D