Mom, I'm Moving Out.

Black Nailpolish And Tears

Jen's POV

"Ding! Ding! Ding!" My alarm blasted out loudly. I reached up at it and knocked the long black plug out of the wall. Lifting up my upper half of my body, I opened my eyes and looked around. The blue painted walls with stars on the ceiling seemed something so distant. I was preparing to move away, so most items were packed away in large brown boxes with labels like "Clothes" and "Music".

The light blue walls had two posters left hanging. I smiled at the emptiness, knowing it'll be only another day until I'm out of here and out on my own with my friends. As I shifted my body, I saw the desk with it's alarm clock halfway hanging off the knob. The dark brown desk with it's black nail polish stained marks, and emptied out draws was the only other thing left in my room that wasn't packed away. My bed was a makeshift, just a sleeping bag with a pillow.

I walked over to the door and into the kitchen. This is the second to last time I'll be in this tiny house. I thought about daddy and looked over to the picture of him and mom, and how he left us to be with his whore. I knocked over the picture with fury flying through my body. My mom woke up from her drunk state and looked up at me. With tipsy walking and slurred words she cried out, "I'm goin' to miss my baby! Oh dead lord why do you have to go? Why? Why must you leave me?"

I glanced at her and walked over to sit her back down.

"Mom, you're an alcoholic. You don't feed me or yourself. You just drink and waste away your money on yourself. I'm sick of it here. I love you but I'm going away with my friends and you're going to rehab. We'll both have to except and deal with that." I said, calmly. "Do you want eggs for breakfast?"
"Yes I want eggs you ungreatfull bitch. Make them now." She yelled at me.
I ignored the name calling and the way she said it, knowing I'm used to being her worthless daughter.

I walked over and made her some sunny side up eggs with toast. I kissed her goodbye as she shoved it down her throat. I left the tiny apartment and the apartment building to go to Alice's house.

Alice's House

I hit the doorbell slightly and heard the "Ding dong" echo throughout her house. Alice lived in a huge house, three flights tall. Everything was white, with green beautiful shutters that were around her window only. On the side of her huge house, was a basket ball court. No one used it considering, the family didn't have a boy there. Alice lived with her mom, while her father was off in the Marines. She never had a brother; she was suppose to be the boy who would carry on the name of the family. Alice's family always saw her to be a mistake, one which should have been disposed of as soon as they knew it was a girl.

Alice answered the door and smiled at me. "Hey Jen. I packed everything up in the truck and it's gotten everyone else's stuff in it too. We just need you to pack yours in it and it's all finished and ready to go."
Alice was a sweet tall girl. She had golden blond hair with black streaks. Her style choice was always something new, she never liked to stay with the same style. It was too boring for her. Unlike me, I always kept the same hard-edge look. I am short, close to 4 feet 11 inches with short black hair.

I walked through the doorway and up to Alice's room. The long white stair case so beautiful. I always felt as if I was flying as I walked up these stairs.

Alice and I walked into her empty room, and both smiled goodbye.
"It's nice to say goodbye isn't it?" I calmly asked.
"I guess. Although, this won't be anything that will be missed. I'm not saying goodbye to my mom. When I said I was moving, she smiled and said sharply that she was happy I was leaving. And asked me when was the soonest I could leave. So I'm staying the night at your house, if that's alright?" Alice asked.
"Of course." I replied. I always enjoyed having her over, so did my mom. Although it's going to be hell with all the junk packed away and no where to sleep.

We called Steph and then Nicole to see if they wanted to sleep over my house too. They both agreed.

Home

Back at my house, no one was home. There were empty beer bottles on the floor and wine glasses in the sink. Everyone ignored them, considering they were something that were always there. I tried to clean up a bit, but it was hard with all the stuff scattered on the floor. We walked to the kitchen and into my room.

"Did you guys bring sleeping bags?" I asked.
They all nodded their heads. We desided we'd play a friendly game of truth or dare to lighten up the mood, and in the morning we would leave to go New York, and never have to look back at the shit hole called Pennsylvania.