Mom, I'm Moving Out.

Truth Or Dare Is Harmless

Jen's POV

"Truth or dare?" I said to Nicole. She flipped her also black hair behind her ear. And moved her long tan legs to a crossed legged form. She was so beautiful, but never saw it. Starving herself became a second hand knowledge to her, and her foster parents never cared.
"Truth!" She said giggling. Her bubbly personality showed.
"I don't want to sound mean, but I'm really curious about your past.." I said and my voice drifted off. I felt like I might have hit a nerve in her.
"My past? Well when I was younger, I was abused by my father. Hit. Beaten every night. My mom died in a car crash. Eventually they took me away." She replied.
"Who did?" I asked.
"Foster care. But I'm out of it now, I'm legally an adult." She smiled. "But my dad's out of jail. And he's probably going to try to find me again. That's why this move is great."

"Truth or dare?" Nicole said to Steph.
"Truth!" Steph replied. Steph was an average height girl. Brown hair that reached her chest. Her twloha jacket covered up scars from the past. Her parents were great to her. Except when they treated her like the daughter they didn't want. She got fed up with the fights. And can't wait to move.
"Alright. Why do you want to move?" She asked Steph.
Steph's face suddenly looked cold and sad.
"I was depressed in my house. No one understood it or took the time to help. It's better I leave to be with you guys, the ones who care about me." She replied.

After going around in circles, and asking stupid questions. I realized no one had said dare. It was my turn next.

"Truth or dare?" Asked Alice.
"Dare." Smiling with an evil smile.
"I dare you to try to contact evil spirits." She replied. They all knew I believed in other world spirits, so they liked to test me with it and joke about it.

We all held hands, and turned off the lights. We set a candle in the middle of us, and lit the candle.
"Hello?" I said, "Contacting the dark spirits. Come to me if you even really exist." I liked to taunt to the ghosts and hope they'd show themselves.

"Me and these girls here, don't believe you exist. Prove yourself." I said with all my strength to sound mean and angry.

Suddenly, all my boxes were knocked into. Everything shook and the girls looked terrified. I smiled, and said "Tell me. What's going to happen to me and my friends on our adventure? I'm sure you know if you're so great." I said with an emphasis on great. I sounded mean and snooty. This was a perfect tone.

Suddenly, a paper that was in a box flew out. A pencil started to write.
D-E-A-T-H.

We all immediately stopped. We plugged in a night light and went to bed. Trying to forget what happened and ignore it.
The nightmare didn't leave my dreams though.

7:00 AM
"Ding! Ding! Ding!" My alarm went off again. I smacked it. And then realized it was moving day. I got up in joy and woke up everyone else.

"Wake up! It's moving day!" I shouted. We were all excited to start a new life. One which we could be happy. And have no more worries. With Alice's mom's money and the rest that all of us saved up, we had all the money we needed for the road trip there and the apartment we're going to share.

We all got dressed and jumped into the truck after loading up my crap.
"Ready?" I asked.
"Yes!" They shouted in harmony. I smiled and hit the gas petal. I looked over at my mom's teary eye's staring at the window. I blew a kiss and we were off.

Finally, a new beginning. Somewhere we can go, and be happy - So I thought.