Mom, I'm Moving Out.

Russian Roulette

Steph's POV

First of all the girls to wake up, I got up and dressed. I got the truck keys and left the apartment leaving a note for the girls.

"Hey loves, I think we need food so I thought I'd get something for us to eat this morning.
I'll be back soon. Love you, Steph."


My phone rang as I finished the note. It was my parents so I answered.
"Hey Steph. How are you?" My mom's voice said.
"I'm fine. I miss you guys. But I have to go food shopping. I'll call you tonight." I replied.
"I love you." My mom said and my dad yelled it in the background. I told them I loved them too and hung up the phone.

Instead of the elevator, I took the stairs. As I was singing to myself and walking down the stairs, I felt like I was being followed. I turned around and saw no one. I think I'm just a little paranoid because of last night. As I saw the doorman, I smiled and told him good morning. He smiled back and opened the door.

I got into the truck and started it up. This truck could crush the other cars that everyone around here drove. I smiled at that thought. As I went to hit the gas, Jake knocked on my window.

"Hey kid. Can you give me a ride?" He said to me.
"Sure, get in old man!" I said smiling.
He didn't smile back. I got a creepy vibe from him but ignored it the best I could knowing he's just another old man who doesn't like children very much.
"Where do you need to go?" I asked after driving for a while.
"There." He pointed. It was a house. His house.
"Oh, alright. Well here you are, sir. Have a nice day." I said.
"You too, sweetheart." He winked at me.

When I got home from food shopping I told the girls about him.

"That's creepy." Jen said.
"Not really. He's just lonely." Alice said. Always sticking up for others.
"No, it's definately creepy!" Nicole said. She liked to be overdramatic.
"Well, no matter what it is, I'm never giving that man a ride again!" I said jokingly trying to lighten up the situation.

The next morning all of us got up and desided we'd go food shopping together. We all climbed into the truck, although there's never enough room we squeeze together. I was driving today, so I pointed out the house Jake lived.
"Right there. The brick one!" I said still pointing.
"We should stop by." Said Jen.

We all gave her a look as if she's lost her mind.
"Well, yeah sure he's a little creepy. But Rickie lives here, and he's raised Rickie! Obviously, he isn't that bad if he raised him. And also, he's just an old man. Maybe he wants company, we should just stop by and see if he needs anything from the super market. I mean, why not?" Jen said compassionately.
"Maybe because he's an old creeper! There's a reason why he lives all the way there instead of an apartment or somewhere closer. It's because he's a creep! Thats why! He wants to be seperated." I replied.
"Maybe, but maybe not. Oh come on guys, show some care!" Alice said, siding with Jen.
"Fine." Nicole and I said in harmony.

We got down to Rickie and Jake's house and parked the truck.
We got out of the truck and all went up to the green door. It looked creepy, and almost was too quiet but we still stood there.

Jake answered the door, wearing a long trench coat.
"Hello ladies. How can I help you?" He said, this was the kindest voice I've heard from him so far.
"We just thought we'd stop by and say hello. We're going to the super market, do you want us to get you anything?" I asked.
"No thanks, but surely come in!" He backed away from the door and opened it wider. We all walked in one by one, quietly.

"This house is beautiful." Jen said to Jake.
"You girls are beautiful! Not a lot of people stop by to see me. They all think I want to be alone, how silly." Jake said. He sounded scary now. If this hadn't scared Jen then I don't know what would.

Jake handed out cups of coffee as we all sat down at the table. Jake went over to the front door and locked it. It seemed strange. Why would he do that?

"Look girls, I don't get visitors often and.." Jake's voice trailed off.
"I think we need to go." I said. We all got up.
"You think that, but you see society has corrupted your minds." Jake said.
"What are you talking about!? Let us go! We're leaving." Jen said standing up.
"You see, society had raised you to think your suppose to be leaving here. They make you think that when a man says a sentence like that, you should leave. They're wrong. And you're staying. I don't give a rat's ass if it's against your will. You girls are mine." Jake said walking towards us. I grabbed my cup and got ready to thrust it at his head.

Suddenly, Jake pulled out a gun. A real gun. Not like the man in the alley, an actual gun.
"You girls move and I swear to God I'll blow you away. Don't even test me." Jake said.

I went to toss the cup at his head, when he grabbed my by my hair and pointed the gun at my head.
"You girls move and I'll kill her. And you'll all be next. Do what I say or I'll kill her." He said holding tightly on my neck. I held back a scream.

"Over there." He directed us to the door on the right. Alice, Jen and Nicole walked over there as the man forced me to move also.
"Go down the stairs, idiots." He told us what to do.

We walked down the flight of stairs into a cold, dark basement. At this moment, I felt myself die a little bit inside. I saw Alice and Jen hold hands as Alice began to cry.

Maybe this move was a bad idea.