Status: Hiatus

Dystrict

First Sight

I looked at the huge sign that was above my head. My black hair, half cut and growing every which way but up, covered one of my eyes. A cigarette, half burnt away, rested between my lips, and my suitcase rested next to my leg. The sign read “Welcome to Dystrict Eleven College.” I snorted, as if this was a gift or something. I had half come here in the first place. It was my parents’ idea. Adjusting my sunglasses with one hand, I took the cigarette and flicked it with the other. I grabbed my suitcase and went inside.

Not surprisingly, my first few hours were mind-numbing. My roommate was a bubbly 20-year old, whose boyfriend, who was on the football team, just happen to be there when I got there. After he got dressed, I told him to get the fuck out. Rude, maybe, but I didn’t give a shit. Unlike him, I lived there. My roommate’s name was something equally bubbly, Debby, and as you might have guessed, her favorite color was pink. She asked me an ignorant, rhetorical question.
“What’s your favorite color, black?” She asked. I responded with a hand signal and left for a smoke. It’s a bad habit, I’ll admit it, but it’s one I never could shake. I’ve got nothing better to do with my time. I walked back outside, and after a quick sweep of my surroundings, started down the sidewalk. It was dark now. I could hear my father in the back of my head. He always said this is when the “bad people” come out. I had an idea of what he meant, I but I never bothered to ask. He either meant prostitutes, drug dealers, or muggers. I didn’t do drugs, and I doubted a prostitute would ever approach me, so all I had to worry about were muggers. I never was afraid of muggers anyway.

I started down an alley, not really heading in any kind of direction. As I smoked, I eyed the ladies standing along the street. Not to my surprise, none of them came up to me. As the alley came to an end, I saw a girl sitting next to a door. She smoked as she watched me. I felt that she needed a new cigarette, so I offered her one.
“Need a cigarette?” I asked her. She looked me over, her eyes, heavy on mascara, looked bored and tired. She was younger than the others; I guessed about 16 or 17. She didn’t look much younger than I, and I was only 18. She must have been one of the runners who had nowhere to run to. This thing called The Generation Project had just started, and The Government was oh so kind enough to take the young people out of this hellhole and drop them in Dystrict Two. Of course, without your friends or family, Dystrict Two was still a hellhole. But anyways, the girl was blonde, or more like dirty blonde. Her skin looked damaged by pollution and corruption. I took a seat next to her, strict ‘cause I was bored and felt she need some company. She gave me a look.
“Can I help you with something?” She asked me. I shrugged.
“Not really, no,” I said.

My roommate Debby ended up spending our first night together as roommates with her boyfriend. No worries. At least Betty wouldn’t feel unwelcomed. Betty was the name of the “friendly lover for the right price”. I tossed my keys onto the desk as I walked in. Betty, who was soaking from the rain, crept in behind me. She looked around.
“I’ve never been one for school,” she started, “too many assholes.” I laughed at that.
“This is certainly true,” I agreed, shaking the rain out of my hair. I took off my shirt. I could see Betty eyeing me through the mirror. When her eyes met mine, she looked away. I smiled and walked into the bathroom. Betty sat on my bed and took off her coat.
“Look,” she said, “I don’t usually do this…I…I can’t offer anything special.” I chuckled as I turned the shower faucet on. As I showered, I thought to myself. I had a feeling I knew when she was talking about, but I pushed the thought away. In a few minutes, I was walking out of the shower, and back into the room. She sat on my bed, her mouth open, looking at her shoes. I eyed her. She had a strange look on her face.
“What’s wrong?” I asked. She rose and slowly walked over to me. Something about her said she was scared.
“I…,” she started, looking at my lips, “I’m not usually like this.” I kept my eyes on hers. She suddenly pressed her lips against mine, soft at first, but it soon escaladed. My gripped loosened, and my towel fell to the floor. I put my arms around her neck as I caught my breath. I could feel her hands sliding down my back, resting just below my hips. I moaned softly, and she squeezed whatever her hands had gripped. I moaned louder, and she squeezed tighter. I felt a pillow on the back of my head as she laid me down. Her lips left my mine lonely as they traveled down my neck. For a second, they left me, but my body rediscovered them as Betty kissed my breast. I moaned again and wrapped my legs around her. She straightened to take her shirt off, and I help her remove her bra. She pressed her body hard against mine, and now I could feel her hands again, searching for their next target. I moaned loudly as they found it. Her hands moved like a saw cutting through a tree: back and forth, back and forth. I felt it coming from everywhere, like her hands we all over me, stroking and squeezing what needed it. I found myself breathing heavily through my mouth.
“Ah,” I moaned, “Mm.” Betty moved faster. Her lips ended the loneliness mine were experiencing, greeting them with passionate pressure. I moved my hands down her naked back, squeezing where she had squeezed me earlier. Her lips left mine briefly.
“Mm,” she moaned, biting her lip as she did so. She smiled at me. I kept moving my hand, down her edge, wrapping it around her leg until my hand was where hers was. Now she felt what I did. I tried to focus on the world around us, but after a while, it all blended away. My senses numbed as she took me over, her hands controlled me. I tried not to yell as she moved, but I found it harder and harder the faster she went. My body bent upwards as I felt it moving across me. My skin tightened; my chest stiffened as I closed my eyes.
“Betty,” I whispered. It was all I could say, and I could hardly say that. There was a sudden jerk. I had never felt so alone. I breathed heavily, almost brought to tears by this sudden feeling, but I could now feel Betty again. My hand squeezed her. “Betty,” I said, louder this time. She ignored me. “Betty,” I said again. She continued. I felt it coming now, like a freight train about to exit a tunnel. My other hand moved faster to keep up with hers. I could tell she was beginning to feel the same. My other hand squeezed harder. She moaned. “Betty,” I cried. Her body was hard against mine now. “Ah!” I yelled. My toes curled and dug into her thighs.
“Mm,” Betty moaned. Goosebumps sprung from my body. I started to laugh at the feeling. Betty kissed my neck. I pulled her as close as I could. I was breathing so hard now. I wrapped myself around her, and she did the same to me. If I had my way, I would never let go of her.

My eyelids slowly drifted apart. The morning sunlight attacked my eyes in no time. I raised my head. Betty was no where I could see. I glanced at myself in the mirror above Debby’s bed. I was naked, so I know last night wasn’t a dream. I sighed.
“Betty?” I called. The bathroom door swung open immeadiatly. She poked her head out.
“Hm?” She said. She was brushing her teeth. I smiled and shook my head.
“Nothing,” I said. She smiled and went back into the bathroom. I sighed again and closed my eyes. I heard the bathroom door open again.
“Hey,” Betty said. I opened my eyes again.
“Yeah?”
“What’s your name?” She asked. I ran my fingers through my hair.
“Darleen,” I said. She nodded.
“I really liked last night Darleen,” she said. I smiled.
“I did too.” I said. I got out of bed and went into the bathroom. Betty whistled as I walked past her. I smiled and shook my head. As I closed the door to the bathroom, I noticed Betty frowning. “What’s wrong?” I asked. Betty rubbed her arms.
“How long can I stay here?” She asked, not looking at me. I walked up to her and kissed her.
“As long as I’m here,” I said. She kissed me back.