Status: Finished, check out the sequel!

Show Them What it Means To Be Alive

Break Out, Break Out, as We Escape Through the Window

head for the car and never look back, sing it, sing it.

The tiny crack that Melanie’s sleeping body left between her eyelids was enough to let the dim light that pierced the dark cabin disrupt her sleeping. From what her tired eyes could see, it was only a little bit of bright light being flashed in her direction.

Confused, she rubbed her eyes with the palms of her hands until she could see colors on the inside of her eyelids, in attempt to wake herself up.

Melanie blinked a few times until her eyes finally focused on a boy goofily grinning down at her, leaning over the bunk.

“Alex?” She sleepily mumbled

“Shh.” He whispered, lightly pressing his hand over her lips.

“Is that really necessary?” Melanie asked in a hushed voice once he had removed his hand; gesturing to his black shirt, black headband, and black lines he had painted on his cheeks.

“Well, yeah. I am kidnapping you.” Alex softly scoffed as if this were the most obvious thing in the world.

“Oh you are now?” She challenged, raising an eyebrow

“Si. Now get up!”

“M’kay” She mumbled, trying not to laugh, as she pulled herself out of bed. The two made their way out of the cabin surprisingly smoothly, without making any noises. Melanie was sure this set a record of sorts for her. They stopped on the wooden front step as the door Alex pulled shut locked itself with a ‘click’.

“Does your evil genius plan require shoes?” Melanie inquired, still quiet as to not hurt her own tired ears, “’Cause I kind of don’t have those.”

“Well it’s too late now” Alex pointed out, “Here, just get on my back.”

Seeing no other option, she hopped on the boy’s back, having to jump from one of the steps since he was quite a bit taller. He used his hands to help push her up as she crossed her ankles in front in attempt to not fall.

They made it a good three feet without conflict.

“Hey Mel?” Alex asked, getting a ‘hm?’ in response.

“There’s this thing called breathing. And I can’t really do it if you keep this chokehold you have on my neck going.”

“Well maybe if you had an ass I wouldn’t need to keep pulling myself up!” She countered.

“Oh, so back to that. Huh?” Alex scoffed, feigning hurt.

“Actually, I think you have a flawless body, Alexander.” Melanie mocked, although from the side she could see Alex grinning triumphantly.

“…Maybe we should do it from the front instead,” Alex pondered, quickly adding in a ”that’s what she said!”

Melanie giggled and obliged. He put her down, and she awkwardly hobbled around, trying to make her bare feet touch as little dirt as possible. She wrapped her arms around Alex’s neck as she jumped up, wrapping her legs around his thin waist. Pulling herself further up, Melanie placed her chin on his shoulder to try and balance their weight.

She felt Alex’s hands wander a bit lower than they needed to be, and was sure he could hear her open her mouth to object.

“Hey,” he defended, “It’s either this or you hold yourself up.”

The younger girl made a hmph noise. “I bet you like this position” She mumbled, fighting back the strong urge to make another ‘that’s what she said’ joke.

From what she could see from behind Alex’s shoulder, they were now closing in on a parking lot.

“I wonder what people would think if they saw us like this,” Melanie mused

“They’d probably think we’re fucking.” Alex bluntly laughed.

“Minus the fact we’re like, dressed.”

“Yeah but in my defense, your shorts are rather thin…”

“Is it turning you on?” She teasingly tightened her legs’ grip around his hips, grinding into him.

“I’m not answering that” Alex answered a bit too quickly, shifting a bit.

*

The next thing Melanie’s exhausted mind noticed was when she was being gently placed into a small car. She relaxed as she looked around to see familiar faces – although she knew with Alex she had nothing to worry about regardless. Zack was in the drivers seat, with Jack next to him in the passenger seat. Next to her in the backseat of the small car were Kara, with Rian on the far end.

She felt a pair of hands lightly hold underneath her knees and behind the small of her back as she was moved closer to Kara, followed by Alex climbing into the newly freed space in the car.

Melanie sighed while resting her head on Alex's shoulder "Any of you feel like telling me where we're going?"

"You'll find out soon enough" Alex assured, wrapping his arm around her waist in the little space they were allotted. She nodded, with a yawn.

"Sleep, Mellie." Alex softly commanded

"I wish I could. I’m packed in here like a fuckin’ sardine."

Everyone around Melanie chuckled. After a few minutes of repositioning, she was now laying down with her legs across Kara and Rian. Her head was in Alex’s lap, with her head facing in towards him, and unruly hair covering the majority of her sunkissed face.

"I like this."

"I'll hurt you," She warned Alex.

The soft hum of the car that had since pulled out of the parking lot was now the only thing to pierce the silence - although Melanie’s racing thoughts were probably just as loud.

The last thing the caramel haired girl felt before she let the feeling of motion overtake her senses was hands softly playing with her hair and a soft kiss from the owner of the hands, on her exposed cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
i seriously can't believe how much comments I got last chapter
thank you guys so much! (:

i also can't believe there was a point where I said these chapters would come out quickly. :| I wish they could. but like, three more to go. so for those of you who've read this already, bear with me.

xoxo.

chapter title credit; Break Out! Break Out! - All Time Low