Status: Finished, check out the sequel!

Show Them What it Means To Be Alive

Our Time is Fleeting So We Take Control

our days repeating like it's all we know

The way the bright, busy, flashing lights contrasted against the calm and dark Saturday night sky only enticed Melanie to walk further down the boardwalk. The caramel haired girl tightened her grip on the fingers interlaced with her own to be sure she wasn’t dreaming.

“Afraid I’m gonna run away on you?”

Melanie scoffed, “This is just amazing”

Alex nodded in agreement. His eyes locked on Melanie’s as they communicated words their mouths couldn’t begin to know how to form.

The two stopped at the ferris wheel towering over the bustling oceanside strip.
Alex cocked his head towards Melanie, who nodded, signifying that this was what she wanted to do.

The metallic blue cart they were seated in slowly rose over the horizon., expanding their view further and further past the smooth shoreline as the wheel rose.

and it rose.

Melanie tensed up her thin frame to prevent herself from shuddering as she shrunk further into Alex’s sweatshirt, as if it would protect her.

“Afraid of heights?” Alex asked, rhetorically for the most part, as he wrapped his arm comfortingly around the small girl’s waist. She made a mumble of agreement.

“It’s okay, if something happens I’ll be with you.”
“Thanks… I think,” She responded, “Can you just tell me when we’re all the way up?”
He nodded, signaling Melanie to shut her eyes contently.

Not one second after Alex shook her, Melanie’s bright blue eyes shot open, teaming with excitement. She looked all around her; every couple holding hands, every small child running around on a sugar-high, every teenager on the beach with their friends, acting like they’re on top of the world. Melanie took in every surrounding; every person, every life, every story.
And she didn’t want hers to be filled with regrets and what if?’s

“Hey Alex,” Melanie began softly, “Remember what we were talking about yesterday?”
“Mhm?” He asked. Although previously as absorbed into the beautiful scenery as the girl next to him, sparks of interest were now clearly visible in his chocolate brown eyes.

“As screwed as I may be after this summer, I want to live right now. I’d love to be your girlfriend.”

A crooked grin plastered the boy’s face from ear to ear, “Good,” He whispered. “I’m glad”.

With a wide grin and fluttering heart, Melanie pulled herself closer until her hips, chest, arms, and finally lips met those of herfriend boyfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Melanie's Outfit

so, I just got back from camp. and let's just say, asides from all time low, this story at the moment is pretty much 100% relevant to my life. that being said, i have new inspiration to write.

writing this chapter, especially, meant a lot to me.

that being said, comment & tell me how you liked it! it means the world to me! :)

Chapter Title Credit: Let it Roll - All Time Low