Status: Finished, check out the sequel!

Show Them What it Means To Be Alive

Like You Don't Give a Damn About the Consequence

A whirl of cotton, lace, and golden curly hair spun around, casting a shadow in front of the sunrise, before finally collapsing into the sand.

Shaking the sand out of her dress, Melanie stumbled her way out of dizziness as she pulled herself up. The giggling girl then collapsed into the sand, legs crossed beneath her as she leaned back on her elbows and let her hair ghost across the fine sand.

Although she was now sixteen, Melanie was having the time of her life, falling, giggling, and getting sand trapped in her clothes. She never understood why kids wanted to grow up; she could never get enough of the simplest aspects of life. The ones you could only experience when you were a naïve kid, or when you were lucky enough to be around five of your best friends, in Melanie’s case.

And even though they had to wake up before the sunrise so they could get back to camp, it didn’t matter. Time didn’t matter. Nothing mattered except the sunrise, the warm breeze, the sand between her painted toes, and where they were in that moment.

Melanie finally understood the meaning of “Summer Vacation”.
♠ ♠ ♠
so this is pretty much the filler to end all fillers
but i have the next chapter written and i'll post today or tomorrow :)

comments would still be lovely, though. <3

chapter title credit; we say summer - all time low