Status: Finished, check out the sequel!

Show Them What it Means To Be Alive

I've Never Really Been Good With Goodbyes

so keep holding on, I'm holding on.

The next few days came and went in a way similar to the others. Nothing monumental had changed between Melanie and Alex – they remained just as two people enjoying each other, and the company they provided; having the time of their lives while they knew they still could.

As contradicting as it may sound, that’s the same reason why Melanie didn’t see too much of Alex – or the rest of the boys, for that matter. They found comfort in knowing that they had each other there. That if Melanie never needed them, she could probably either find them in the cabin practicing or sleeping, or fucking around at the lake like the guys she knew and loved.

But right now was an occasion that they were all together – Kara was leaving camp to go home. She was coming back later in the next month to see other friends, she explained to the group. Melanie couldn’t blame her if she tried – she knew if she has half as sociable as the brunette standing before here she would also have other friends she’d want to see. Other than the ones currently surrounding her, she mentally added.

The younger, still freckled and sunburnt girl reluctantly pulled back from a hug with her new best friend. “I’m gonna miss you,” She smiled an unnecessarily cheeky smile to try and blink away the tears threatening to spill.

“Hey,” Kara took note of the obvious crack in her friend’s voice, “It’s gonna be okay. New Jersey and Maryland aren’t too far away. I’ll just text you until we can see each other again. At that rate, I’ll give it 3 days until you’re sick of me already,” She joked.

Melanie clutched at her back pocket, where her phone usually resides, for reassurance – only to realize nothing was there. Still refusing to accept that she left it somewhere, the confused girl patted her back pocket a few more times, harder, as if it would give up its game of hide-and-seek and reappear.

“I’ll help,” Jack stepped closer to Melanie’s butt, adorning the creepily-adorable smile that only Jack Barakat could have.

“Get in line,” Alex playfully shoved Jack. Mel shook her head at the two boys and laughed, exhaling for the first time in what seemed like minutes without worrying about spontaneously bursting into tears.

“Don’t ever change,” Kara laughed at all of them as she opened the door to her parents’ car, following a last hug that MeIanie had forced out of her.

“We won’t!” The younger girl yelled as her friend pulled the car door shut; only wishing that she could stay with the four boys long enough to be able to see the promise through.
♠ ♠ ♠
remember me?
D:
anyway, quick little update because tbh, I feel weird having anyone other than the ATL boys in the story. so here we go.

lets see if anyone still cares. if so, i have the next few chapters typed up and ready to go :)
comment!

Chapter Title Credit: Zelda - Farewell