Status: yayyy

You Had Me From Hello

Family

I looked into the mirror as I finished buttoning the last buttons of my black pea coat. Two arms found their way around my stomach as Evgeni placed his head on my shoulder, a smile playing on his lips. I turned my lips capturing his in mine as I turned to face him in my arms. He pecked my lips as I tried to pull away, we had to get going, we were supposed to be at my brother’s house at 6:30 and it was already 6:15.

“Geno” I sighed slightly over dramatic “We have to go, they are going to start to wonder if you took me into a dark alley to kill me.” Another smile came to his lips as he pulled back slightly his arms still wrapped around my waist. “No, your family love me” I laughed again nodding my head in agreement he was true. They did love him. He had met them last week right after I decided to give him a chance, of course my parents believed we had been dating for some time, the only ones knowing different were my aunt and sister-in-law.

Today was Christmas Eve though so it was different. Evgeni was being thrown into the lion’s den, and even though I warned him many times, telling him just to spend it at home with his parents he fought to come. For some reason he, unlike any other boyfriend I had ever had, wanted my family to know him and like him. Geno led me down into his large black SUV. As we drove through the tunnels and many streets of Mt. Lebanon he held my hand tightly. Every stop light he leaned over kissing my nose lightly.

Finally after making it to my brother’s house Geno got out walking around and grabbing my hand. He laced his fingers with mine as we made our way up to the front door, not even needing to knock the door flew open and my cousins practically attacked Evgeni. “Great game last night Geno!” Ryan shouted a little over enthusiastically. “Yeah, did you score the hat trick for me?” Rebecca, my other little cousin, asked as she batted her eyelashes at him playing with the bottom of her dress.

He laughed lightly smiling down at Becca, “Of course, who else would I score it for?” He looked up at me smirking, I hit him in the back of the head lightly. Smiling at him before walking into the crowded living room where some football game was on the TV. Everyone broke their gaze away from the TV long enough to wave hello and tell Evgeni nice game. After placing our jackets in the hall closet we made our way to the floor, leaning back onto the coach.

Geno wrapped his arm around my back as Samantha came and hopped onto Geno’s lap. After letting out a soft ‘hmppf’ he began a short conversation with the young girl. It surprised me how well his English was and how well he understood my little cousins gibberish. I heard the doorbell ring as my brother stood from his place on the couch to answer it. I heard booming laughter and knew it could only be one person. As soon as my thoughts were confirmed I jumped out of Geno’s arms and into my Uncles. He closed his arms around my waist spinning me around.

“It’s about time you come back!” I told him excitedly. Uncle Chuck lived in Boston, but he travels all over the country and rarely has time to come to our family get-togethers. He laughed at my over excitedness as he eyed my empty place on the floor. “And who might this be?” he asked as Geno stood from his spot on the floor, picking up Samantha and placing her on the couch. Walking up I couldn’t help but laugh at the swagger Geno had, or at least thought he had. Catching on to my laughing my brother, who was now standing beside me, laughed along.

“Evgeni Malkin, but call me Geno, good to meet you” Geno spoke to my Uncle while he shook his hand. My Uncle chuckled heartily and pulled him into a hug, surprising both Geno and I quite a bit. “Oh of course I know who you are Geno!” my Uncle laughed again making his way over to the couch beside Samantha. “Great game you had there Wednesday.” Geno smiled and told him Thanks as we made our way back to the floor.

The rest of the evening was relatively uneventful. Geno and Rebecca played an intense game of Guess Who which Becca definitely had the advantage on because Geno had no idea what it meant to be a carrot top. She strategically used words that she knew he would have no clue what they meant, and his ego was way too big for me to just tell him what they meant. Geno lost, of course and then proceeded to tickled Becca until she admitted that she cheated. I couldn’t stop laughing the entire time.

As we walked to the car I waved goodbye to my family telling them I’d see them tomorrow. I was sad, Christmas Eve was by far my favorite holiday and it was already over. Opening my door, I hoped in as Evgeni shut it walking around to the other side to open his door. The drive was silent as we made our way towards the city, but instead of turning into the tunnels we made a right turn taking us towards Sewickley. I looked at him confused as to where he was taking me. “No way I let you be home by self on Christmas morning” he told me as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, Damion was back in New York with his family.

“Geno I don’t have any of my stuff” he smiled over at me reaching in the back and pulling out my black duffel bag. “D packed it before left to New York” I smiled at Geno’s nickname for Damion, Damion was just a little too hard for him to pronounce. I leaned over to kiss his cheek but he turned his head so our lips met as we waited for the light to turn.

“You going to love presents” he smiled at me kissing me once again on the forehead before driving off towards his house.
♠ ♠ ♠
so to Geno!

Who really needs to get his head in the game !

comment and stuff
-Linn <33