Status: Updates come every chance I get.

And I'll Sculpt My Life For Your Acceptance

You've Changed

"So Monday night at, say, 7?" Billie asked through the phone. We were planning our date. We wanted it to be as soon as possible but I was working tonight and tomorrow night and Sunday I was going to sit down and sort things out with Cameron and give Claire back her table, so Monday was the next best day.

"Yeah, that sounds good." I smiled at the thought of us finally being able to go on the date that he has been bugging me about since I first met him. "I've got to go Billie, I promised Edie that I would call her this morning and I haven't yet."

"Alright. I'll probably see you tonight anyway." He told me. We then said our goodbyes and hung up.

I let the phone rest for a few seconds before picking it up again and dialed Edie's number. Her Grandfather answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Hey Gramps, its Kar." I said, he knew who I was.

"Oh, Kar, I've missed you this Thanksgiving! How is it in New York?"

I smiled at what he'd said. "I've missed you too. And I'm in California, not New York." He laughed and I could just picture him hitting myself on the forehead.

"Sorry Darling, Edith told me you were there but I mixed up the two states." The only people who used Edie's real name were her Grandparents.

"It's okay, I can never get the names of different places right."

"And you're hundreds of years younger than me! Anyway I'll get my Granddaughter for you." I could hear him calling out to Edie.

"Hello?" She said, taking the phone off her Grandfather.

"Hey Edie, it’s Kar." I said, like she wouldn't be able to tell by my voice that it is me.

"Oh my best friend who hung up on me last night?"

"uh, yeah, that’s the one." I knew that she was smiling.

"So you're ready to talk now? Well I'm busy." She said. For the first time ever, I couldn't tell if she was being serious or not.

"Are you really? Because I won't have time to call you again until, like, Tuesday, so if you want to know what's happening between Billie Joe and I, I suggest you listen now."

That seemed to have got her attention. "Oh so something is happening?"

I lifted my head to start nodding but realized that she wouldn't be able to see me so I stopped and answered verbally. "Yes, we're going on a date on Monday." I lowered my voice and glanced in the direction of the bathroom where Cameron was, having a quick shower before we left for work.

"Why didn't you tell me this last night?" She demanded, I could imagine her standing by the phone with her hand on her hip and glaring out the window at the front of her house.

"Well, it didn't happen until last night. I was going to tell you today that I thought I felt something towards him but I wasn't sure until last night but I am sure now."

"Bring him down here so I can meet him!"

"I can't afford plane tickets and there is no chance I'm driving again unless I need to." I told her.

"Looks like I'll be coming for a visit soon then." I knew that she wouldn't end up coming, not any time soon anyway; she didn't exactly have much money.

"Alright well I'll see you when you get here."

"You don't think I'll come." She said. "Just wait until I turn up at your door step."

"Do you even know where I live?"

"I know your phone number so I'll just call Cameron."

"Go for it, he won't be here much longer if he keeps being a little shit so I will have room for you."

"What has he done?"

I sighed and rubbed my free hand against my forehead. "'What hasn't he done?' should be the question. He's just been an asshole. I'm ready to send him back, no wonder dad sent him to me. I don't know why he's acting this way either; usually we're really close, but lately he's been a different person."

"Maybe it's just the change in scenery or something. He'll come around soon and he'll be normal again." She told me, she seemed optimistic about this but I, on the other hand, wouldn't be holding my breath and waiting for him to go back to the way he used to be.

"Maybe." I mumbled, I didn't really want to argue with her about this. "Anyway, I better go. I'll call you next week maybe." I told her when I heard the shower stopped.

"Alright." We said our goodbyes before we hung up just in time for Cameron to walk out of the bathroom. I walked past him to get to the bathroom and finish my light make up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit: You've Changed - Sia

Seems like everyone but me liked the last chapter...
Was just watching Max Green and Craig Mabbitt on stickam. Cannot wait for Soundwave next month! :D