Status: Updates come every chance I get.

And I'll Sculpt My Life For Your Acceptance

I'm missin' you tonight

When Cam got off the phone to our father this morning, he was less than impressed with me. He probably wanted me dead but, and I tried explaining this to him, it was for the best; I couldn't handle him anymore and dad was willing to give him another chance. And it wasn't like he was going to be here for much longer anyway, he was only going to be here for another week and a bit so he was only leaving a week earlier.

It felt like he'd been here for a lot longer than 3 weeks. I knew I was going to miss him, even though I was the one who was practically shipping him back home.

And as for him finding out about Billie and I, turns out he was listening while we were in the kitchen talking. I was pretty pissed off that he eavesdropped on our conversation.

"Kar, it's not your fault." Tony told me later that day at work after I'd told him that Cameron wasn't going to be working there anymore. He didn't even go in there with me to tell him.

"But I feel bad for leaving you one person short." I said as I watched him stocking up the fridges.

He shook his head and looked over at Casey who was frowning at me. "Why isn't he staying anyway?"

I sighed. "Because I'm sending him back home to Jersey, he's too much of a hassle to have staying with me. I don't know how parents can raise teenage boys."

They both laughed at me. "It's easy if they are persistent." Tony said as he straightened up and brushed the invisible dirt off his knees. "And you, dear, are not persistent."

"You try looking after him, well not so much look after him, he can do that himself. It was more of him hating Billie Joe so much, like, he really could not stand Billie and it was just pissing me off, he even tried telling Billie to stay away from me! It was like he's trying to be my father." I told them.

I knew they were both smirking at me and the mention of Billie Joe's name even if I wasn't looking up at either of them.

It was quiet for a few seconds before Tony spoke up. "So you and Beej, ay?"

I looked up at him slowly with a huge grin on my face. "Maybe. But seriously how does everybody know this? It's like Billie called everybody to tell them!"

"Who else knew?"

"Cam, but he was listening to us. Uh, and Mike and Tre, that's pretty much everybody I know here."

"You need more friends!" Casey said laughing. I frowned at him, I didn't need more friends. I was comfortable with the guys and Claire. Well, Claire and I weren't real close or anything maybe we need to go out sometime.

"I do not!" I argued, crossing my arms and glaring at him. He just continued laughing and shrugged his shoulders at me.

"Are you going to work today or are you going to just sit in the stool?" Tony asked me.

I stood up off the stool that I had been sitting on since I started work and started to walk towards the office. "Wait, what am I supposed to do? Everything has been done." I'd done everything I was supposed to do this week yesterday, which left me with nothing to do today.

"Well than you can leave if you want, or you can just hang with us for the rest of the day..." Tony left the decision up to me. I shrugged and went back to the stool that I had been sitting on.

"I might as well stay; it'll keep me out of the house and away from my brother."

A few hours later I returned to my apartment. I unlocked the door and walked in expecting to hear the TV or radio or some type of noise but I was greeted with silence. I made my way to the lounge where it looked completely different; there was no sheet covering half of the room and the futon that Cameron had been sleeping on for the last few weeks was put back in the couch position and pushed up against a wall neatly.

I went in search of a note or something from Cameron to explain his disappearance. It was in the kitchen on the bench.

In his messy handwriting was his explanation:

Karmony,
I saved you the hassle of driving me to the airport, I got a cab. My plane leaves at 4 so you'll still be at work. Thank you for letting me stay with you, hope you and Billie last forever, note the sarcasm, I really don't see what you see in him. But I don't want to start another fight so I'll just say I'll talk to you soon and I'll get dad to call you and tell you that I'm home.
Cameron.


I screwed up the piece of paper and threw it in the bin roughly, like it would have an effect on him. I was angry, how dare he still say something about Billie Joe even after he's gone.

That kid makes me so angry sometimes; I just want to hit him in the face.

I was brought out of my angry thoughts by the phone ringing loudly through the silent house.

I walked slowly to answer it, knowing it would be my father. "Hello." I answered; I didn't even try and make it sound like I didn't know who it was.

"Hey Kar." I was right.

"Hey dad, I didn't know that he left until about 5 minutes ago." I told the older man on the phone.

"He told me you wouldn't know until around now. But he's home safe. He seemed pretty pissed off; he went straight to Sara's when he got home." I could hear in his voice that he was already stressing about Cameron being home.

"Don't worry about him dad, I would act the same way if he was the one kicking me out, except I would get high off the first drug I could get my hands on to forget about it. He's not as stupid as me, though." I added the last bit on to put him at ease. What I'd said didn't come out like it had sounded in my head.

"That really puts me at ease. But I better let you go. I'll call you again soon, love you."

"Okay, love you too. Bye dad."

"Bye Karmony." He said and hung up. I sighed as I pulled the hair tye out of my hair and let it fall down around my shoulders, instantly taking away the headache that was slowly forming from the tightness of my pony tail.

The apartment seemed too big and too quiet now that I knew I was alone, and boy did I feel alone right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Missing you (tonight) - The Polaroid People.

I'm sorry for all the short shitty chapters lately hopefully the next few will make up for it :)