To The Broken Heart

Lost and Confused

Alex woke up the next morning with a head ache he sat straight up in bed and thought about things everything last night that had happened wasn’t a dream after all. Have I ruined the band? What else could I possibly done different? There was nothing he could do different he was just going in a different direction then they were and he needed a change he need a break. Alex flipped his legs over the beds mattress so his feet touched the cold wood floor he rubbed his eyes and ran his hand through his messy brown and blondish hair. What am I going to do today? I know ill take a shower have some breakfast and call up a friend.

Alex stood up slowly to find a t-shirt and some pants to put on after he got out of the shower at the moment the only thing he had on was a pair of blue and black checkered boxers these were his favorite boxers “Hanes” he whispered his favorite, “No tags no itch.” He smiled at the thought of the relief of having no tag was, “Felix!” Alex called. Felix was his cat he’d had for over a year one of the guys in the band got him it after his girl friend broke up with him they convinced him that having a cat would help him cope and not be so lonely and to help him socialize. Still personally he wondered if he was insane sometimes because he talked to the cat which just always purred in response.

That’s when he heard the noise outside his door someone one knocking it was a girls voice he heard say with frustration, “Hello!” then 3 pounds more on the door knock knock knock, “Hello is anyone home?!” As he was getting closer to the door he could here a big huff, “Please god let someone be home.” The girl said as he was opening the door. He was shocked for a moment she looked like a homeless girl her hair all messed up and frizzy her face had some dirt smeared on her cheek she had on long johns and dirty boots in her arms was Felix.

“Who are you and why are you holding my cat?” He snapped as he pulled Felix out of her arms, “Did you break into my house to steel my cat?”

She let out a loud laugh and looked him straight in the eyes, “Don’t be so absurd. Why would I want your cat I have my own cat at home thank you very much I’m just returning yours he has a collar on his neck told me where he lived poor thing was meowing and wandering the streets.”

Alex grunted in annoyance. What was she trying to say? He didn’t care, “Are you trying to say I’m a bad owner?” He asked out of pure anger.

Now she stopped laughing her face got serious and he could tell she was mad, “Maybe I am. What are you going to do about it huh?” She retorted back. Now that he thought about it what could he do he had no proof she broke in and stole his cat and if she even did. Why would she bring him back, “Can’t think of nothing can you?” She went on after a moment of silence.

That hit his last nerve, “Ok look garbage lady I don’t know how you got my cat why you had my cat and I don’t even want to know you and by the way your dressed I can see why no one should want to know you only god knows where you came from.”

He saw tears welled up in her light blue eyes which turned a darker shade of blue to her mood, “Well look I don’t care what you think your just an over educated fool whose ruining our perfect world and you’re a dick if you ask me and you better hope god saves you, but I doubt he’d want to after how you treat people and I may look undressed, but that’s because unlike you sleeping in bed all day I had work and I make a real living so good bye Mr. Alex Gaskarth.” And just like that he watched her turned and stomp down the hall he watched her until she disappeared into the stairwell door.

Then he closed the door behind him, “She’s crazy huh Felix? Yea I know I thought the same thing.” He put Felix down on the bed, “Well Felix I don’t know what I want to do anymore I don’t even know who I am anymore. Should I follow your kitty steps and apologize? Nah.” Alex let out a chuckle when Felix meowed and rubbed up against his arm, “Well Felix I guess tonight’s another broken night so ill go get the drinks and be right back.” Alex stood and walked into the kitchen getting two glasses and a big glass bottle of Vodka he strolled back into his bedroom with both the glasses and the Vodka.

He poured the clear liquid into the glasses as he picked up the first glass, “Cheers Felix to the broken heart.” Then he drank it Alex drank the whole bottle then laid back on his bed and stared at the ceiling thinking about the girl that had been here earlier he’d been wrong he was taking his anger out on her because he had no one else to take it out on so tomorrow he was going to find her and apologize he saw it was the only right thing he could do then he slowly fell into the darkness and felt numb.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy..... ;- )