It's Complicated

The Party Has Arrived

The movies were here, the food was laid out, and the beds were prepared. I grinned as I stared at the living room filled with junk food, blankets, pillows, and movies.

I wasn’t sure if I was happy or sad at the sound of the door bell. A part of me was screaming with joy, because it was nearly Christmas and my friends were here to celebrate. At the same time though, I was sad, because what happened between Paine and I was slowly ruining our friendship.

What’s going to happen tonight?

Will I be able to handle him staying over? Will he be able to stand staying over? Our friendship, is it going to make it through the night?

The lump in my throat wouldn’t leave. When I opened the door to see Paine and only Paine, that lump got even worse and my heart screamed ‘oh shit’.

“P-Paine…h-hey.” Why am I stuttering? Why the fuck am I stuttering!

“Hey,” he whispered, the tension already appearing between us and taunting us.

I moved because I finally realized it’s freezing outside and it would be best to let Paine in and shut the door so that’s what I did. As he walked by my eyes disobeyed my orders and went straight to his ass.Fuck, it looks good in those jeans.

I tried to ignore my hormones and tore my eyes from his backside. The two of us moved into the living room where we took a seat on the floor on opposite sides of the made up bed.

The room was silent. I viciously chewed on my bottom lip, nervous of what was going to happen…

I didn’t want us to be like this though. I wanted us to be able to talk and joke like we used to. I wanted to be able to sit in the same room and feel completely comfortable, not tension.

“I rented some movies.” Well that was smooth wasn’t it?

From beside me I heard Paine chuckle, “I see that.”

Silence crept its annoying head up again. I wanted to pull out a knife and stab it because it was getting really annoying. I just wanted to get rid of it. I didn’t want silence to be a normal thing between Paine and I, but ever since our almost kiss we’ve been like this…

What would have happened if we had kissed? What would have happened then?

“The party has arrived!”

Our heads shot back to see Ronnie enter the room. He was smiling until he saw the two of us. With an eyebrow raised he asks, “What’s with the awkward atmosphere?”

“What awkward atmosphere?” I ask, trying to play dumb.

Ronnie sighs and with a roll of his eyes he comes into the room, immediately eliminating the silence. The tension was definitely still there, but it wasn’t nearly as bad as before and I was grateful.

For hours, until the early hours of the morning we watched movies, pigged out on food, and joked around. It was fun until it was time to go to sleep and Ronnie decided that he was sleeping upstairs in my room, which meant I’d sleep next to a half naked Paine.

Fuck. My. Life.

“Good night love birds,” Ronnie laughed evilly, running out of the room and upstairs. Oh…there are times when I wonder why I ever liked that boy and why am I still friends with such an idiot.

He really just left things ten times more awkward.

I looked at Paine who was also staring right at me. I gave him a smile, one that he didn’t return and I’m pretty sure I knew why.

“Noah…I um…”

I scooted over until I was next to him. He was now doing the same as me, chewing on his bottom lip. I was going to take a chance by doing this. If he doesn’t actually like me then what I’m about to do could ruin our friendship, but our friendship was falling apart anyways.

“Hey, look here,” I ordered, my hand going up to cup his cheek.

I was definitely blushing, but that wasn’t going to stop me.

Paine did as I told him, and looked at me. My tongue darted out to lick my lips as I moved in slowly, just in case he didn’t want this then he could stop me…but he didn’t do that. He was moving in just like I was and the closer I got, the more my heart pound, hand shook, and eyes closed until finally…

My eyes slipped shut, heart soared, hands shivered, and our lips touched. Hell yes, it felt amazing. Every typical cliché lovey-dovey feeling coursed through my veins and if it wasn’t for the fact that humans had to breathe, I would have continued kissing him.

We pulled away with a slight ‘pop’. My eyes slowly opened to half mast and I looked up to see that Paine was the same.

“I should have done that a month ago,” he whispered causing me to chuckle just before he leaned in, our lips crashing together for a second time that evening and I had a feeling that it wouldn’t be the last.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, they kissed
You better send me love

Comment&Subscribe?