It's Complicated

Just Think About It

Ronnie didn’t talk to me the next day. He didn’t sit with me, didn’t look at me, he…he ignored me. He acted as if we didn’t even know each other. He acted like we were never best friends to begin with and it hurt like a bitch.

Frowning, I take a seat next to Paine at lunch. The brunette was munching on a sandwich. His eyes scanned me over before he sighed, “Ronnie is just being stubborn.”

I nod, but that didn’t help my mood none. I still felt like shit. I still felt like Ronnie ripped my heart out and beat it against a wall…and trust me it didn’t feel good at all. I just wanted to go home, go to sleep, and never wake up. That way I wouldn’t have to put up with any of this…

It’s complicated. I don’t like complications.

Groaning, I run my hand through my hair while tugging slightly on the dark locks. Paine swatted my hand away, claiming that if I continued doing that I’d go bald. Yeah, me bald, now that would be a sight to see.

“I’ll be back,” I sigh, pushing myself to stand and move towards the restrooms. When I entered I went straight to the sink where I splashed water onto my face. I don’t know how long I stood there, staring into my reflection.

I moved to leave, but stopped dead in my tracks when I saw who was entering. We stared at each other, but not for long, before I had to ask, “How long did you know?”

“A while,” Ronnie answered. “I know it hurt you when I talked about her…but I thought that maybe if I did you’d realize it was time to move on.”

It hurt to know that he purposely did it, but at the same time he had a good point. If I was put in his position I’d probably do the same thing.

“I…”

“There’s someone who knows exactly how you feel Noah.”

I rolled my eyes, not believing him in the least. “Oh really, and who might that be?”

“Paine.”

I wanted to laugh just thinking about that. Paine didn’t like anyone. I would know, he tells me everything. “Yeah right.”

“He likes you Noah. You put him through the same thing I put you through.”

“You’re just saying that so I’ll stop thinking about you!” I shouted angrily. Now I was being stubborn just like him, but hearing that was just weird. Paine doesn’t like me. We’re more like brothers.

Ronnie shrugs his shoulders and turns to leave. I watch his back until he stops and glances at me from over his shoulder. “Whatever, it’s true. Just…think about it ok.”

And as soon as he got here, he left.

“Just think about it ok.”

How can I think about that? Paine liking me is about as crazy as saying Ronnie likes me. In other words, it is pure insanity, not true, can’t be true…

I took my seat next to Paine again. He looked between Ronnie and I before asking, “What happened?”

I ignored Paine’s question to ask one of my own. “Do you like anyone, Paine?”

His eyes grew wide as if he were in a panic. As quickly as it came though, it left, and he smirked before answering, “I’m a teenage boy with hormones; of course I have the hots for someone.”

“Who is it?” I can’t believe he didn’t tell me he did! We told each other everything. Ok, so maybe we didn’t because we aren’t best friends, but we’re still close…now I’m starting to feel left out.

Paine shrugs his shoulders. He takes a drink of his chocolate milk and acts as if he wasn’t going to answer, but I punched his arm to show that I wanted to know. The boy sighed, “I won’t get with them anyways so it’s useless. You know me; relationships aren’t my thing so just drop it.”

I frown, what a butt. He’s so negative about things…I’m sure he could get some. I mean…sure he’s pretty average looking, but not in a bad way. Most definitely not! I mean…he’s…he’s pretty cute in the normal kind of way.

After that little conversation the bell rang and the two of us went our separate ways. I was happy that the day ended as quickly as it did. I kind of just wanted to go and get my mind off things.

“Let’s go to the movies.”

Paine pushed himself off the wall, throwing his cigarette to the ground he crushes it and asks, “Why?”

“I just want to get my mind off things,” I answer, crossing my arms over my chest. “If you don’t want to go that’s ok though.”

Paine shrugs and throws an arm around my shoulders. He pulled me into his side while saying, “Nah, we can go.”

I smile thankfully at him and follow the boy to his crappy pick up. The two of us jump in and he blasts some Attack Attack while we drive to the mall. There we get out and argue over who was paying, in the end he pushed me to the floor and paid for us while I got up.

“Asshole!” I shouted, following him into the dim lighted theatre. “You didn’t have to push me.”

I could feel, taste, and hear Paine roll his eyes at me. “Yes I did. You wouldn’t listen to reason.”

“So what if I wanted to pay for myself? Is that a bad thing?”

“When I’m around, yes.”

I pout and take a seat next to Paine near the back. The two of us get comfortable in our seats and I try to get some popcorn, but Paine kept pulling it away.

I growled before finally managing to snatch it from him. “I’m holding the popcorn from now on.”

Paine mocked me and I punched him. He gasped for air while I shoved popcorn in my mouth and waited patiently for the commercials to end and Avatar to come on. I’m not really a fan of 3D movies because they give me a headache, make me dizzy, and make my eyes water, but I heard this movie was awesome so I decided to put up for it and go see it.

Although the movie was amazing, it couldn’t get what Ronnie said out of my mind.

“Just think about it ok.”

I glanced at Paine from the corner of my eye. He was concentrated on the screen, which I was thankful for. I bit my bottom lip and examined him for a moment…

No…he couldn’t be telling the truth. Paine can’t like me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is a day late but...
R.I.P
James "The Rev" Sullivan
Best drummer ever, you will be missed <33


Hmmm...so...what do you all think?
Does Paine like our little Noah? =D
I want 10 comments or no update :]
I have up to Ch. 8 written, working on 9 now

Comment&Subscribe?