My Religion Is You

space.

For some reason that he couldn’t quite figure out himself, Die had taken to spending hours outside after dusk had fallen, lying on the grass and staring up into oblivion, watching the stars twinkle down at him. It was a time for thinking, a time to ponder over the meaning of life, a time to relax and stop the stress of work from overwhelming him.

There was nothing on the telly anyway.

Toshiya had been watching him silently for around half an hour, a small, soft smile on his lips. He didn’t bother asking why Die chose to spend the night outside. He’d grown used to the fact that the redhead simply did what he wanted to do, regardless of what people thought or whether it was the right thing to do. Die just acted on impulse, lived life his way and his way only, and it was something that Toshiya both respected and loved in the older man.

“Makes you feel small, doesn’t it?” He grinned down at the man lying on the freshly mowed lawn, chuckling as Die jumped a little and turned to face him, his full lips curved into a delicate smile. “Space, I mean.”

Die nodded, the smile growing a little, turning his gaze back up to the heavens and pursing his lips a little in thought. “What do you think is out there?”

“Aliens?” Toshiya laughed his goose-like laugh, settling down on the lawn next to him, taking in the scent of the cut grass and the cologne the redhead was wearing.

The older man chuckled, moving closer to his partner when he had gotten comfortable and resting his head on his shoulder. “I mean… do you think some kinda… higher being is up there now, watching us?”

“I sincerely hope not,” The younger man sounded a little outraged, but his voice carried an undertone of amusement and he couldn’t hold back a little giggle. “That would be a little pervy.”

“You’re impossible,” Die lifted his body up a little to look the other man in the eye, rolling himself over on his stomach and leaning on his elbows. He shook his head, his eyes sparkling. “So, you don’t believe there’s a God?”

Toshiya shook his head in response; a little impish smile playing on his lips, before his expression grew softer and his voice came out as a whisper. “Let me tell you what I do believe in.” Die nodded, the look in his eyes telling the other man to continue and Toshiya took the invitation after giving him a gentle peck on the lips. “I believe in you. I believe in us. I believe in what we have and I believe that you are the only one that can ever make me this happy. I believe I love you.”

For a short while, Die just stared back down at him, eyes glistening with emotion and for a second, Toshiya thought that he was going to cry. But, he just lowered his head and claimed the bassist’s lips in a slow, sensual kiss, before grinning widely, his entire face lighting up.

“That was so cheesy, baby.” He laughed, finding his way to Toshiya’s neck and nuzzling into it.

“I know…” Toshiya chuckled softly, his cheek resting on Die’s head, arms holding him close. “But I meant every word.”