‹ Prequel: Beautiful.

Breathe.

Epilogue.

Angel.

My eyes remained on our hands as I linked our fingers together and almost gave in to the feeling of his skin, warm, and trusting as I felt his eyes searching over my body language. I just couldn't meet his gaze, not again. I knew I would be lost the second it happened, and needed to get what I had to say off my chest. "Brian I..." my voice came out in a whisper and cracked on his name.

Could I say it? Can I ever look in his face and be able to trust him again? Would it all work out and be okay in the end? Taking a deep, not so calming, breath I shake my head and clear my throat before trying again.

"Brian I need you to just let me speak for a minute, and not say anything unless I tell you I'm done. Okay?" I saw him nod as I watched his reaction through my eyelashes. Swallowing I try to wet my too dry throat as I nod. "Okay.

"You cheated on your ex boyfriend so long ago, and you broke his heart. I understand that." His hand relaxed and gripped mine. "But," It tensed again, " I don't know if I can trust you like I used to. You not only lied to me, but, you also lied to my whole family without a second thought. I accepted you into my heart and my family accepted you as their own blood. Not many families would do that you know.

"I guess you should know that I explained to my family what was going on and what you said and did. Surprisingly they took it better than I did but I guess that's because I'm in love with you." Wiping away a stray tear I take another deep breath and he rubbed his thumb gently along my knuckles. I bit my lip to keep from bursting out in tears. God I miss this so much. Where's my Brian? Finally looking up into his eyes I sigh. Right there.

"What I'm trying to get at is that yes I can forgive you. I do forgive you Brian." He choked out a relieved laugh. I weakly smiled and pulled my hand from his. His eyebrow raised at my cold action but he didn't try to stop me.

"How can you forgive me Angel?"

"How?" He nodded and his whole face went serious all over again. I chuckled at my response. "Time changes, clothes change, scenes change, seasons change, age changes, sometimes people change Brian. But deep down in my heart, know I will always love you. No matter what changes. I love you Brian, that's how I can forgive you. But there's something else I need to say before I go." He broke out into a smile and it tore through my heart like a dagger.

"I love you too Angel. What is it?"

"I'm breaking up with you," As if to finalize what I was saying I pulled the engagement ring off my finger and pushed it across the table towards him. Then loosening the clasp of the locket he gave me I went to push that across the table at him but his hands shot out and grasped mine.

"K-keep th-the lock-ket. p-please?" Nodding I shoot up from the seat, the locket grasped so tight in my hand that the point of the heart dug into my palm and I knew it would bruise. Turning to leave I finally let the tears flow, but I cried silently. The sound of his voice told me I broke his heart like he had broke Mark's so long ago. But I knew it was for the better.
♠ ♠ ♠
I re-posted this because I can't seem to finish the epilogue the way I want to and it always ends up choppy and never makes much sense. So...
I'm ending it here. The next part of the story will be posted tonight.
Just a heads up, I have Five stories all together, this one being the second, for this so basically I made it a mini series. So if you wish to continue reading you need to subscribe.
Here's the link, but if it doesn't work just message me and I'll send it to you personally.
No Boundries.