Confessions after pain

A Tragedy Can Produce More Than Pain

It's been about 2 months since Tsubaki and Black Star had spoken. Maka didn't want Black Star to see Tsubaki until he found out what he did wrong, so she and kid pitched in and would take over their missions. One day Black Star was sitting in class it finally hit him. The day I asked Katie to be my girlfriend is the day Tsubaki stopped talking to me, but before that moment she was just fine. So I made her sad caused I asked someone to be my girlfriend... So does that mean that Tsubaki... He was snapped out of his thoughts as the bell rang. His friends all rose including Tsubaki, because Maka would have made her anyway. Maka laughed at something Soul said to kid about his symmetrical obsession. Tsubaki was in her own little world thinking about Black Star. Then she heard the dreaded Katie's' voice behind her.
"Black Star!" She squealed hugging him tightly. Black Star stood there watching Tsubaki leave. "Hey Black Star aren't you going to hug me back?!" She shouted in his ear.
"One; don't shout in my ear. Two; It's over, I don't love you... I'm in love with someone else." Black Star said still watching his partner leave.
"Your in love with her?! Are you serious?" Katie said with a snobby tone. "You know what, what ever." She finished walking away. Black Star chuckled as he ran after the group.
"Maka, Black Star is coming." Soul mumbled quietly to the blonde haired girl. Maka stopped and made the group continue. Black Star had to stop since she wouldn't let him continue.
"What do you want?!" She snapped glaring at him.
"I made a mistake. I wasn't in love with Katie. I know who I'm in love with... I'm in love with Tsubaki," Black Star spoke softly with a serene and pure smile plastered on his face as he watched Tsubaki walk with the group. Makas' glare dissolved as she knew he was telling the truth. She smiled and nodded.
"Good job, I'll sen her home tonight and you can talk to her then." Maka explained the plan she made on the spot. Black Star nodded in agreement as he walked away. Maka ran up to catch up to her group.
"So what happened?" Soul asked softly intertwining his fingers with Maka's.
"Black Star finally figured out that he loves Tsubaki." She mumbled back smiling. Soul smiled to himself as he looked at Tsubaki.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Night had finally taken over the day. And Maka had told Tsubaki maybe she should sleep at her own house for the night. She understood and began to walk home. She sighed nervously and stared at her feet as she walked. Black Star on the other hand was watching out the window waiting to see her come up the stairs. Once he noticed her figure walking toward their home his face filled with excitement.
"What am I going to do? How can I look at Black Star without crying?" Tsubaki asked herself and sighed again. He hand gently placed itself on the railing to help herself up the stairs. She climbed them slowly and opened the door slowly listening to the horrible creaking it made when opened slowly. She closed it and noticed no lights were on. So she extended her arm to her right and flicked a switch on.
"TSUBAKI!!!" She heard a familiar voice shout. Then in a second she was on her back on the ground starring up at her well-known partner. Pink crept onto her cheeks as he hovered over her. But he just smiled his serene smile from before.
"Tsubaki, I made a mistake with dating Katie. And I finally realized that after hurting you... I'm truly sorry and I want only you by my side." As Black Star spoke her face would turn brighter and brighter. She tried to choke it back but failed.
"B-Black Star.." She mumbled until Black Stars index finger placed itself on her lips.
"Shhh! I'm trying to talk," Black Star ordered and she nodded.
"What I'm trying to say Tsubaki is... I love you." Black Star said as he stared into her eyes. Tsubaki's face was as red as could be then she choked up enough to speak.
"I-I L-Love you t-to Black Star." She stuttered slowly a smile crawling onto her face as she spoke. Black Stars face was filled with utter happiness. He wrapped his arms around her and lifter her up so she was standing with him. Then he continued to hold her in his arms hugging her tightly. She smiled and hugged him back.
I guess a tragedy can cause happiness in the end... Tsubaki thought to herself as she closed her eyes.