Sequel: Here Comes the Sun
Status: Complete. Sequel titled "Here Comes The Sun."

Playing With Fire

Image

Kara Chanel was four when she met Nick Jonas - They were inseparable. Best friends to the very end, through thick and thin. Nothing ever came between them.

Except Nick's dream.

Kara Chanel was fifteen when it happened. She was violated in the most cruel way. Her life was turned upside down and inside out, and her best friend was nowhere to be found.

Five months without him. Five long, terrible months living with the consequences - living without Nick.

But then he's back in her life like a light flashed in a dark room. He brings her joy and stitches up the wound etched in her heart. She is vulnerable and broken forever, but together they will find the meaning of true love, loss, and heartache. Their friendship created them, but their romance will define them.

*Disclaimer: I do not own the Jonas Brothers, their family, or any of their songs. The sequel to this story isHere Comes The Sun *
  1. Preface
    It all went black. At that moment, I'd thought I'd died.
  2. Broken Hearts
    This was Nick, my best friend and my hero. I felt safe with him and only him.
  3. Restless Nights But Lullabies
    "We had a meeting with this guy..." he paused. "To talk record deal."
  4. Help To Make This Pain Go Away
    I would have a daughter and it's time that I took responsibility for it.
  5. Changes
    The memories flooded back into my mind. Every one of my senses were triggered by that one taste.
  6. Layla
    This feeling was new, exciting, unknown... I was confused.
  7. Motherhood
    She looked so proud whenever she talked about them, like they were her most prized possessions.
  8. Three Words
    He didn't want to hurt me. He was scared. I could feel his body begin to tremble.
  9. Newfound Fame
    The poster was amazing, but nothing compared to the real thing.
  10. Speechless
    I called out to him, desperate to feel him and have him erase the pain.
  11. The First Show
    Nick’s heartbeat was my favorite song.
  12. Unexpected
    “Do you think Layla will ever want to know who her father was?”
  13. Betrayal
    It was a strange thing to think about, but she scared me.
  14. Guardian Angels
    I took a second to look up and thank God for putting the Jonas family into my life.
  15. I Promise
    “It might seem like a scary thought now, but doing so would prevent this from happening to someone else,”
  16. Reality
    "Nick, you're a somebody now and people are watching your every move,"
  17. Barely Breathing
    Fame was a monster.
  18. Facing The Truth
    I would be strong. It would be rewarding in the long run. I would save someone.
  19. An Empty Room Can Be So Loud
    I prayed that Layla would get to experience the same kind of relationship with me that I had with Mrs. Jonas.
  20. Nightmares
    Time was my worst enemy.
  21. Brace For Impact
    So what if it hurts me, right? I'm just a human being.
  22. The Red Velvet Truth
    "We're coming clean. It's as simple as that."
  23. Coming Clean
    I guessed we weren't being honest about everything.
  24. Into The Flames
    I pulled myself together so I could tell him what needed to be said. I wanted to be first. I wanted to be first forever.
  25. Blackout
    Life was a mystery. But the blackout was hell.
  26. Chaos
    As I remembered the times of simplicity and love with him, I knew that wherever I was, dead or alive, I was smiling.
  27. How Far We've Come
    "Tell me about her, Nick. I want to know her like you do."
  28. To The Future
    I saw it all. I already loved it all. And I couldn't wait to live it all.