I'll Do Anything To Make You Mine

II

"Hey kid," I said walking in step next to Mikey. Some how he managed to slip out of the room without me. He'd be doing it a lot lately. The past two weeks he'd managed to sneak out of half our classes without me noticing.

"I have a name," he growled, not looking at me at all.

"Hey, hey, hey Mikey," I said putting emphasis on his name. "Don't worry, I know."

"Well isn't that great."

"What's wrong?" I asked, lightly touching his shoulder. He flinched away.

"Oh I don't know. It could be the fact that I have a stalker."

"Who is it? Don't worry Mikey, I'll take care of them."

"Wow, I can't believe we're in the same courses. I'm talking about you, idiot," he said trying to walk away from me.

"Hey, I'm not stalking you. Trust me, if I was stalking you, you'd definitely know."

"Then why won't you leave me alone?" He asked finally looking at me. His eyes shown bright, extra amounts of green showing through the hazel.

"I actually like you, Mikey. Half these kids are idiots and all of them are afraid of me. You're neither. There's just something about you that drags me in."

"Oh, 'cause that's not a creepy stalker thing to say," Mikey rolled his gorgeous eyes.

"It's really not. You're the only one who makes those kinds of comments to me. No one else will talk to me, let alone say something that could upset me," I said smiling at him.

"You're really not that scary, Frank. No matter what anyone thinks." I smiled widely, without realizing it. He called me Frank, that was the first time he called me by my name.

"You're the only person who will address me by my first name. I like it," I said letting my smile float on my face.

"You're still not scary. Stop acting like it and you'll have more friends."

"I don't need friends. I have you. Plus my image is what keeps me safe."

"What do you mean?" he asked as we got closer to the classroom.

"Mikey, I'm gay. If I wasn't so tough looking and scary I'd get hell for it," I explained bluntly. Everyone already knew. It wouldn't matter if anyone heard.

"So people leave you alone because they're afraid you'll beat them up if they make fun of you for being gay?"

"Do you have a problem with that? With my gayness?" I asked, putting my hands on my hips. I was acting extra tough in case he really did have a problem with it.

"None at all. My brother's gay. I don't live my life that way, but I don't have a problem with anyone else being gay," Mikey said softly.

Without really thinking I gripped him in a huge hug. No one I've ever told reacted so kindly. My mom cried for about a month before realizing that I couldn't change and she started to accept me. Mikey though, he was accepting me right away. It just made me feel closer to him.

"Why are you touching me?" Mikey asked, his tone of voice odd.

"I'm sorry," I squealed, jumping away from him. I didn't want to freak him out.

"Aw I'm kidding Frankie," he cooed pulling me into another hug.