Status: Completed

Does Your Lack of Conscience Tell You Everything's Alright?

Chapter 21

August and Aaron have their solo practices today. Mine isn't for another week. Since I've never done one before, our instructor is giving me time to think of a theme. So, instead of staying alone in the Gaskarth household, I am grocery shopping with Alex and Jack.

It is quite the experience.

"But, Alex, I want them," Jack whines.

A container of Oreos is clutched tightly in his hands.

"We have Oreos at my parents' house," Alex responds.

"No you don't. The monster that lives under August's bed ate them all," Jack says.

"Jack, would you quite being a fat ass and stop eating everything in the fucking house?"

"I just want curves like all the other girls," Jack burst into fake tears.

Alex sighs, frustrated, and attempts to yank the container from Jack's hands. Jack squeals, releasing the Oreos and running behind a nearby pillar. An older couple looks at Jack and Alex as if they've grown three heads and slowly push their cart in the opposite direction.

So I'm the only one slightly worried about them?

"I like Oreos," I mumble.

Or I used to, before I was kidnapped.

Alex snaps his head to look at me.

I haven't spoken for the majority of the trip; I wouldn't doubt it if he is surprised.

"We'll get Oreos then," he smiles, placing the blue package into the shopping cart.

"That's not fair," Jack complains.

"I just want her to eat," Alex responds.

"You know, if she eats too much, her stomach will rupture," Jack states.

I wasn't expecting Jack to know that.

Then again, he has yet to cease to amaze me with what he actually does know. Maybe I should have higher expectations of him.

"I know that. That's why I told her not to make herself uncomfortably full this morning," Alex says.

"Really? I thought you were just saying that to be an asshole," Jack jokes.

"You're hysterical," sarcasm coats Alex's voice.

"I like to think so."

I wonder if they're planning on moving anytime soon.

"Your mom," Alex retaliates.

"Your sister."

Alex growls. Something inside the lower pits of my stomach flares.

Jeffery used to growl. He thought it turned me on. I can honestly say I have never experienced that feeling before.

But I think this it.

Or maybe the wanting ache in my groins is something completely different.

Before Alex can respond to Jack's comeback, I wrap my arms around his middle and snuggle my face into his chest. Alex's arm lands around my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" he asks.

"Just fine," I reply.

I breathe in his scent. I think its some cologne or maybe he naturally smells this great.

Regardless, the scent is making the ache increase.

"Is there anything else you want from here?" Alex asks.

You. That would be nice.

"Can we get ice cream?" I ask.

"What type?"

"The kind that has the cookie dough in it."

I don't know the name and I hardly remember what it tastes like. But I do recall it being my favorite ice cream.

"Good choice," Jack compliments.

"I'll go get it. Jack, stay with her," Alex says, letting his arm drop from my shoulder.

Should I take offence to having someone watch me constantly? I'm not a child, even if I still act like one.

I release my hold on Alex's waist. He leaves the cookie and snack isle in search of ice cream.

"We should play cart tag," Jack says excitedly.

Where does he get all of his energy?

"Um, I don't think that would be safe," I say.

Most of his ideas seem to lack safety.

"Well then we can talk," Jack shrugs.

"About what?"

"You and Alex," he smirks.

He planned that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to GiveMeTherapy, wafflesattack, Aesthetic Reality, xoNatasha5xo, BookWorm. xD., v i v o l e t t e ., sleepless nights;, RosaxMcrmy, and Akayytoremember.
And thank you to any new subscribers.
I hope you enjoyed.
Comment?
xoxo
Lyric-Celeste