Status: Completed

Does Your Lack of Conscience Tell You Everything's Alright?

Chapter 38 (END)

Light blinds me the second my eyes open. I blink a few times to adjust to the brightness. The ceiling is made up of pure white tiles. It’s almost sickening to look at.

"I can not believe you just asked that," Alex says.

"Really? You should have seen it coming," August returns.

My eyes dart around. I can see August and Aaron out of the corner of my eye on one side of my bed. Two men I don't know are at the foot of my bed, clearly amused by the conversation. Jack is on the opposite side of August and Aaron. He stands next to Alex, who is leaning over my bed, my hand clasped in his.

He needs to look down instead of glaring at August like that.

"Dude," the male with Rian's voice says.

"What?" Alex asks.

The man points to me, directing Alex's eyes to my face. His mouth drops.

"Alice?" Alex asks.

I move my mouth but my tongue is heavy. It's difficult to even begin to form words. I make a noise that doesn't resemble any part of the English vocabulary.

"You're awake," Alex exclaims.

He scoops me into a hug, surprisingly not upsetting any of the multiple wires and tubes. His lips brush the top of my head before he places me back on the bed, holding my hand in his.

"Someone get the doctor," Alex yells, excited.

The smile on his face is the biggest I've seen on him ever. His eyes are sparkling. His reaction makes waking up that much sweeter.

August rushes out of the room to find the doctor.

"You’re going in the wrong direction," Jack yells, leaving the room and going the opposite way August had gone.

"They're going to get lost," Alex says, staring at the doorway.

He returns his attention to me, eyes traveling the features of my face.

"Never do that again," he whispers.

I nod. Talking is way too difficult at the moment.

"This is Rian," he motions to the man who first noticed my conscious state. "And this is Zack," he motions to the man next to Rian.

I smile at them; they smile in return. August and Jack return to the room, breathing unevenly.

"The doctor is a little tied up at the moment. He'll come when he's finished," August pants.

"Oh, sorry guys. He's waiting for me," Aaron jokes.

"Ew," August says.

"You secretly like the idea of gay sex. Admit it, you want Alex and Jack to do it."

"No, I want Alex to do it with Alice to have babies, didn't you catch that? And Jack is going to have sex with me."

Does she realize her brother is in the room?

"Jack is going to what?" Alex asks.

Aaron falls to the ground laughing. Rian and Zack cover their mouths, muffling their laughter. Jack cowers behind Rian and Zack, his human shields. August's eyes grow wide.

"Um, stay at least twenty feet away from me at all times?" she asks.

"That's what I thought you said," Alex smiles.

I move my mouth to talk, forcing my tongue to move properly.

"Alex," I rasp.

Alex immediately turns his attention to me.

"Yes," Alex asks.

"I—," a violent cough shakes my body, cutting off my sentence.

Alex rubs my back.

"You don't need to speak," he says.

No, I need to speak. I need to tell him how I feel. I don't want him to think I tried to kill myself because of him.

The coughing fit ends, leaving an aching sensation in my chest. I shake my head and open my mouth again, my eyes looking into his.

"I love you," I say.

Alex's smile grows.

"I love you too," he responds.

He leans down, captures my lips with his. Our lips move in unison. Electricity surges through my blood stream. I've missed this.

"Where the hell is my camera?" Aaron asks.

Alex smiles into the kiss, keeping his mouth on mine. I couldn't be happier.

Once upon a time, I was kidnapped, raped, and abuse.

Once upon a time, I was called Elizabeth.

Once upon a time, I thought I would die unhappy.

I've finally gotten my happily ever after.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to Abigrace, deekayyx0, RAWR-ima-eat-you, sowrongitshayley, BridgetteMarie, dressedtokill, Georgiaz (two story comments and one profile comment), Lane In Vein, mama-val, kycoolgirl-loves-a7x, v i v o l e t t e ., samsstoryaccount, AidanKathleen, jayanne, Jersey;, teaspoons.of.sober, and Myssa is stellar.
And thank you to any new subscribers.
Sadly, this is the end.
I hope you guys enjoyed Does Your Lack Of Concience Tell You Everything's Alright?.
If you would like, you can go read my new Jack Barakat story called Wanna Live It Up Just Because.
Final Comments?
xoxo
Lyric-Celeste